Profile for K. Mather > Reviews

Content by K. Mather

K. Mather (Gateshead, England)

Hanni & Nanni
Hanni & Nanni
Offered by schnuppie83
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for boarding school story fans but note is in German!, 20 April 2013
This review is from: Hanni & Nanni (DVD)
This film is loosely based on the German translations of Enid Blyton's "St Clare's" boarding school books which are extremely popular in Germany. I bought this for my nine year old daughter who is addicted to boarding school type stories. It is in German which she doesn't know at all and I barely understand. However it is a cracking film, bang up to date, opening with Hanni and Nanni doing a timed hockey trial round a department store, culminating in one of them being framed for shoplifting by their so-called "friends", resulting in them being sent to boarding school.
Despite the language barrier, we can understand what is going on and the music is really catchy and is constantly being sung around our house even by my sons.
Recommended for boarding school story fans and those who want a fun way of improving their German.

Princess Grace
Princess Grace
by Mary Hoffman
Price: 8.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story for girls who want to be princesses, 22 Jan 2008
This review is from: Princess Grace (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my four year old daughter who loved "Amazing Grace". She loves this one even more and we read it most nights at her request. Grace, like many real girls I know, loves hearing about fairy tale princesses, but discovers there is more than one way of being pretty in the story, and that real princesses don't just sit around looking beautiful. Great story, great role model, lovely illustrations.

Baby Mozart - Music Festival [VHS]
Baby Mozart - Music Festival [VHS]

5.0 out of 5 stars A great video even for small babies!, 6 July 2003
This video arrived when our baby was just a couple of weeks old. Even then, she was interested in the music, but from six weeks old she has sat and watched the video with great interest, waving her arms around when she gets to a bit she particularly enjoys. The format is simple: short pieces of music by Mozart with baby toys moving to music, or other interesting things to look at. It gives me the chance to have half an hour to eat my breakfast whilst she is entertained, hopefully in a stimulating way.

Rainbow: Zip-Up Zippy [VHS]
Rainbow: Zip-Up Zippy [VHS]
VHS

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring Back Zippy, 22 Nov 2001
Zip Up Zippy is a great reminder of the good old days of Rainbow. I had forgotten how rude and arrogant he could be. The episode: "Neglected and Rejected" had me crying with laughter as he tried to compose a song for a talent competition. He has a somewhat over-inflated idea of his musical abilities. I also enjoyed seeing Zippy suffering with measles(aren't I heartless) and his immortal line: "Crumbs, Crumbs, CRUMBS" in the episode where he plays detective still has me chuckling. Happily George, Bungle and Geoffrey don't actually resort to zipping up Zippy in this one and a half hour video as he's just too good to hush up.
Buy it and relive the golden rainbow days of your childhood.