Profile for Christopher Bailey > Reviews

Content by Christopher Bailey

Christopher Bailey "Chris Bailey" (Wirral, England UK)

Live at Rome Olympic Stadium
Live at Rome Olympic Stadium

4.0 out of 5 stars Could`ve been a classic, 3 Dec. 2013
I`ll keep this short, Muse are arguably the best live band in the world, I saw them a few weeks before this show at Manchester, Brilliant, as always, they played at least 27 songs at the Rome show, yet only 20 tracks on the dvd, & 13 on the cd, a full dvd concert and double cd would have made this a 5 star review. simple.

Live At River Plate
Live At River Plate
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars A proper live album, 20 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Live At River Plate (Audio CD)
This is the live album I`ve been waiting for, I have been expecting it for 10 years, and knew they would evetually put one out with Phil Rudd on drums, this is, in my opinion better than 1992`s "Live", the tracks are not faded in and out, and Angus`s guitar has the right sound, but the best improvement is the drums, although Chris Slade is a terrific drummer, he`s not the right man for AC/DC, it`s got to be Rudd, these flaws are pointed out in my review of "Live", but enough of the negatives of that album, this sounds great, I won`t do a track by track thing, but all the expected anthems are here, with 4 songs from Black Ice, I`ve seen them many times since 1991, and this captures them perfectly, and on top form.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 20, 2012 8:50 PM GMT

Live (Collector's Edition)
Live (Collector's Edition)

3.0 out of 5 stars good, but not great., 15 Nov. 2012
I saw AC/DC twice on this tour, they were brilliant, I`ve had this album for 20 years, listened to it countless times, I like the album, but there are a couple of things that don`t make it a truly great live album, firstly, the obvious one being the tracks faded out and in, this could have been produced to sound like a complete show, secondly, Chris Slade, great drummer, but busier playing style than Phil Rudd, and a bit too fast on lots of the tracks, heatseeker, rosie, ftatr, etc...my final criticism is Angus`s guitar sound, not the usual twangy bridge pick up sound, the best example I can give is the riff at the beginning of That`s The Way I wanna Rock n Roll, and Highway To Hell, the "live At Donington" dvd sounds better, well worth buying but not without flaws.

Ac/Dc: Live At River Plate [DVD] [2011] [NTSC]
Ac/Dc: Live At River Plate [DVD] [2011] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ AC/DC
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars AC/DC`s best dvd yet., 18 May 2011
This dvd is their best concert film to date, they`ve filmed the last few tours, since The Razor`s Edge Tour, and they are all great concert films, the sound of this one really stands out for me, it`s perfectly mixed, they sound rock solid, and all the instruments are heard, I saw them on this tour at Wembley, just a few months before this concert, and they sounded the best I`ve ever heard them, it was originally suggested that there was going to be a live album, I really hope this gets released on cd, it would make a brilliant live album.

Led Zeppelin III
Led Zeppelin III

5.0 out of 5 stars One of their top 3 albums, 10 Sept. 2007
This review is from: Led Zeppelin III (Audio CD)
When I discovered Led Zeppelin III it was one of the great moments of musical discovery in my life, this may sound dramatic, but, every time I hear this album It takes me back to that, I had already heard I,II & IV, then a friend taped his LP for me, it sounded as if it fitted in perfecly between II & IV, I think IV is their best, but this has a unique atmosphere to it, Since I`ve Been Loving You is my favourite Led Zep track out of all their stuff, the acoustic stuff has a very "Summers Day" feel to it, especially Tangerine & Bron Y Aur Stomp, Gallows Pole is a sort of hybrid of acoustic & rock stuff. a brilliant track, Immigrant Song is the thunderous opener, I could go on, absolutely essential