Profile for Lucy > Reviews

Dizzy Heights
Dizzy Heights
Price: 10.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Open your ears, and your mind., 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: Dizzy Heights (Audio CD)
Neil Finn is easily my favourite singer/songwriter of all time....and he doesn't disappoint me at all with his latest solo album. I love it. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I prefer Neil when he's being a little experimental and left field. I wasn't sure of what to make of Dive Bomber at first but like all of Neil's music, the more you listen the more it grows on you. I witnessed it performed live at St James's in London and it just blew me away. Dive Bomber is now I personally believe, one of the best pieces of music Neil has ever written. Second only to TWT, in my opinion, DH is Neil's best work so far.

Nightfall (The First Jack Nightingale Supernatural Thriller)
Nightfall (The First Jack Nightingale Supernatural Thriller)
by Stephen Leather

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 16 April 2010
This was my first book written by Stephen Leather, and sadly..it quite likely could be my last. I thought the writing was very poor, the characters were two dimensional and the plot had been done many times before, and a lot better.I work in a bookshop and we sell a lot of books by this author and so I had high expectations..maybe that was the problem?!?!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 21, 2010 2:56 PM BST

P.S. I Love You [DVD] [2008]
P.S. I Love You [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Hilary Swank
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 3.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 16 Dec 2008
This review is from: P.S. I Love You [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
It is truely a waste of time watching this film, it is awful! I'm sorry, but I have lost someone, I watched my fiancee die from leukaemia and finally lost him when I was only 22. Now at 26 having become involved with someone else, I have found out that he has cancer.Grief is nothing like what is depicted in this film, How anyone could even think of writing a book and making a movie aboout the death of a persons partner,and portraying it in a light hearted chick flick comedy way is totally beyond me. I just hope that A'hearne never has to go through what I have. This film just made me angry!

Seventh Tree
Seventh Tree
Price: 6.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Give it 5 listens........and you'll love it!!, 27 April 2008
This review is from: Seventh Tree (Audio CD)
First listen.....disappointed. Just bland and nothingness.Elevator music.
Second listen....it's OK, but background music, nothing special.
Third listen.....it's quite good in parts, certain tracks stand out.
Fourth listen.....hey this is actually really good.
Fifth listen........wow this is amzing, my favourite album of Goldfrapps yet!

This album is a grower. I'm like the biggest Goldfrapp fan in the world yet the first couple of times I listened to it I really didn't like it at all, but have patience with it.......and you'll come to be amazed.
I just had it on in the background for a few listens while I was studying, or doing the house work.......then all of a sudden, bang....it just hit me.
It's beautiful, etheral,powerful.......lush. A stunning stunning album. Now I just can't get enough!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 4, 2008 10:22 PM BST

Ringleader Of The Tormentors
Ringleader Of The Tormentors
Offered by MasterDVD
Price: 4.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Give it time!!!, 15 April 2006
I only just recently got into Morrissey since discovering You Are The Quarry, and now I'm into him in a BIG way!! On first hearing 'Ringleader' I was very disappointed, I was hoping for another 'Quarry' but that isn't what the new album is about at all. Although not originally overly taken with the songs I kept listening as I can't get enough of that voice. NOW.... I can't get enough of this album. It's brilliant and well worth a place in your collection. It is definitely a grower, and once you reach that point where it reaches you, it's addictive. Its the only album I've been listening to since I got it. So just be patient with it.....and I guarentee it'll grab you and hold your attention for a long time to come.