Profile for Sallyex > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Swan SF17030N Stainless Steel Slow Cooker, 6.5 Litre
Swan SF17030N Stainless Steel Slow Cooker, 6.5 Litre
Offered by MightyHousewares

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE IT - IT'S EVERYTHING I HOPED TO FIND FINALLY!!, 19 Nov 2014
LOVE IT!! This slow cooker is brilliant!!
I currently have a Morphy Richards 6.5L slow cooker that I've had for many years and wanted another one for when I have lots of people round to eat. I ordered another of the same model only to find that Morphy Richards had decided to make it MUCH smaller much to my annoyance! Still supposedly 6.5L but it so isn't!! That had to go back!
I tried another flashy one made by Crock-pot but this was not good it made the food bubble violently round the edges of the pan so that had to go back because I could never leave it whilst out which defeats the object of a slow cooker really!
I was starting to despair until I made the decision to try this SWAN model - it is absolutely fantastic! It is lovely and BIG and cooks beautifully without the violent bubbles round the edges of the slow cooker! It has various different temperature settings but I tend to cook everything on "low" for hours so it is deliciously tender. I will read up about the other settings sometime as it also has an "Auto" setting.
Today I have made a Chicken Casserole with dumplings today and it looks fab - I can't wait to eat it later tonight!
The real test will be Saturday when I am feeding a load of friends and family (this will call for both my slow cookers - one with Beef Goulash and the other with Spaghetti Bolognese yum yum!!)

Mary Berry's Christmas Collection
Mary Berry's Christmas Collection
by Mary Berry

3.0 out of 5 stars I wasn't "WOWED" by this book, 19 Nov 2014
I wasn't WOWED by this book. It is like any other Christmas recipe book. I have other books by Mary Berry that I think are fabulous but sorry this one in my opinion is just average.
I returned it for a refund

TRIXES 13 Piece Watch Repair and Wrist Strap Adjust Battery Changing Tool Kit
TRIXES 13 Piece Watch Repair and Wrist Strap Adjust Battery Changing Tool Kit
Offered by Digiflex

3.0 out of 5 stars Saved us a fortune so far!, 12 Nov 2014
It could be better quality but saying that it has proved useful a few times already saving us quite a lot of money in expensive jewellers for simple jobs such as battery changes. The main reason I bought it was for the watch case remover tool and it does work well although again it would be better if it was slightly better quality.

Collins Elite Pocket Week to View 2015 Refill Diary
Collins Elite Pocket Week to View 2015 Refill Diary

4.0 out of 5 stars Refill, 12 Nov 2014
We bought the main diary last year so now it is time to get the refill for next year. I can't really say too much about this after all it is only a diary refill but it seems great. The main body of the diary is lasting well too so all in all we are pleased.

MKCLOCKS Set Of 9 Watchmakers Screwdrivers On Stand
MKCLOCKS Set Of 9 Watchmakers Screwdrivers On Stand
Offered by MKCLOCKS

3.0 out of 5 stars Shame they aren't better quality, 12 Nov 2014
Not the greatest quality but they kind did the job when the screwdriver ends weren't falling out. They do go down really tiny for those awkward screws but I did get refund in the end.

ghd IV Pastel Styler, Periwinkle
ghd IV Pastel Styler, Periwinkle

4.0 out of 5 stars Smooth operator!, 12 Nov 2014
I do like my GHD's not that I have to use them loads - but they are always good to have on hand. They give great results - always use heat protecting serum or spray though. They are great in this colour and this pair unlike my previous ones has a UK plug instead of a european one slotted into a UK adaptor plug.
I got an amazing price too so I am very happy!

Inflatable Walking Stick
Inflatable Walking Stick
Offered by best deal 4 u

4.0 out of 5 stars Steady on your feet!!, 12 Nov 2014
This review is from: Inflatable Walking Stick (Toy)
A fun item to give to anyone with a milestone brithday! Raised a few giggles too at my brother in laws 50th

Boxer Gifts Pilsner Beer Glass Age 50
Boxer Gifts Pilsner Beer Glass Age 50

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheers, 12 Nov 2014
A bit of humour for my brother in laws 50th birthday party

PU Leather 360 degree rotation stand iPad case for Apple Ipad mini ipad mini 2nd generation, Free Screen Protector & Stylus - Pink
Offered by ACCESSORIES LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Got it covered!, 12 Nov 2014
Fits my daughter ipad mini a treat. It is a lovely pink which is pleasing to the eye.

Life After 50: A Survival Guide for Men
Life After 50: A Survival Guide for Men
by Martin Baxendale

4.0 out of 5 stars It will make you smile!, 12 Nov 2014
Great little book that is sure to raise a giggle as the recipeint realises how much of it rings true as they enter "50"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20