Profile for Evan > Reviews

tp24 tp2886 L1 3 Watt LED Energy Saving Bulb
tp24 tp2886 L1 3 Watt LED Energy Saving Bulb
Offered by My Green Lighting
Price: 12.74

1.0 out of 5 stars Great bulbs, but a seemingly damaged batch ruins these, 3 July 2014
The bulbs themselves are fine and light a room well.

But it seems that of the 5 or so bulbs I've ordered, all 5 blow out after a short while. I thought at first it was the wiring in the room that these are in, or the bulbs being of poor quality... but when our builder put some of his tp24 bulbs in, everything was fine and they haven't blown since.

So we have concluded that these particular tp24 bulbs are arriving damaged either from being damaged in transit, or the seller has a dodgy batch.

Just to reiterate, tp24 bulbs are excellent, just not when order from here.

Andrew James Professional Whole Fruit Power Juicer In Stunning Red 990 Watts, Includes 2 Year Warranty, Juice Jug And Cleaning Brush
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD
Price: 99.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Great... then stops working after 6 uses., 2 July 2014
This juicer is great. It takes all we put in it and produced a lovely amount of juice each time, the pulp was quite wet though but to be expected I guess.

Why the one star? Because this morning, part way through my juicing diet, and only after 6 juicings, the motor decided it didn't want to play anymore so it had a tantrum, got noisier and decided to start smoking. I said that smoking is bad so the juicer went into a rage and made even more noise and smoked even more... At this point I cut off the power at the source. Bad Juicer!

I tried it again and the noise was horrendous so have turned it off. I have emailed AJ asking for a refund and am seeking another large juicer elsewhere as I write this. A Sage one probably, more money but worth it going by the reviews...

------------------------------

Update 8th July 2014

Have contacted the seller, AJ Goods, twice regarding a refund and have yet to hear anything. Terrible seller.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2014 9:48 PM BST

Rapesco Stapler, Heavy Duty Stapler Zero-01
Rapesco Stapler, Heavy Duty Stapler Zero-01
Price: 24.14

5.0 out of 5 stars It staples!, 30 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This stapler staples... What else can I say?

Well, something like this... The stapler is deceivingly heavy for it's appearance which adds a certain feel of quality to it. Although the outside is plastic, the inside is metal which is where the weight comes from. It handles everything I've thrown at it so far and unless stapling many pages at once, I don't see me having a problem with this.

It takes 26mm staples.

Recommended for those looking for a quality stapler for the office or home.

Failsworth Soft Harris Tweed County Cap Stornaway pattern 2012 (59cm)
Failsworth Soft Harris Tweed County Cap Stornaway pattern 2012 (59cm)
Offered by The Hat Company
Price: 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, great product., 25 Jun 2014
Great hat, darker than the photo on Amazon but makes a change from my older cap. Recommended as the quality is excellent.

Philips Viva Collection HR1836/01 Compact Juicer in Brushed Aluminium
Philips Viva Collection HR1836/01 Compact Juicer in Brushed Aluminium
Price: 71.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Produces a decent amount of juice, easy to clean, recommended, 25 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having now had time to juice a few dinners (yes I'm on a diet) and having previously used a larger Andrew James juicer, I must say it's a pleasant surprise to behold, let alone use this compact juicer fro Philips. It looks good, is small enough to store and seems to be fit for purpose.

Juicing:
Can't complain, it takes everything I throw at it and produces a decent amount of juice. I can only compare this to my AD juicer which seems to become more clogged, producing less juice the more I put in it.

Cleaning:
Food hasn't so far become trapped in the filter or blade area which makes it easy to clean and as such takes very little time (I tend to dunk it in the sink pre-filled with warm soapy water and it give it a wipe over). It has fewer parts than my AJ juicer too so less bits to clean. I can't compare this to other compact juicers though so if you have another compact juicer take my words with a grain of salt if you're comparing.

Size:
The juicer is much smaller than the AJ one I have. It fits, snugly, into a cupboard shelf where as the AJ one sits on the counter as it's too large.

The bad stuff:
The spout drips more than I would expect, the funnel is somewhat narrow and the pulp section is small.

All in all, it's a quality juicer, just put down some folded paper towel for the drips and have a sink ready to go so that you can clean straight away and you won't have any problems (not guaranteed)! Recommended.

Dylon Velvet Black Nvi Hand Dye Sachet - 1200400112
Dylon Velvet Black Nvi Hand Dye Sachet - 1200400112
Offered by A2Zquality
Price: 2.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, does the trick., 20 Jun 2014
This stuff is great. I used two packets to dye a pair of jeans as they were just over 500g. Followed the instructions, used my kitched sink and stirred with a wooden spoon... The jeans came out beautifully and were no longer worn and grey looking. I rinsed them until most of the run off was clear enough and them washed them in 40degree water without any detergent. They came out fine and the machine was fine. Just to be sure I did an empty wash on 90degrees with an empty cycle with a small amount of detergent and no dye was left.

The jeans look new again, if not better. Highly recommended if you'd rather not do a machine wash.

The Gro Company Wall Stickers Jolly Jungle
The Gro Company Wall Stickers Jolly Jungle
Price: 11.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, colourful and easy to put up/take down, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are great. We have them on the wall next to our 14 month olds cot and he is now getting to the stage where he's interacting with them more and more.

They're so easy to put on and remove that it takes the worry out of wondering where and how to lay them out. We love them. Highly recommended.

SanDisk 64GB SanDisk Ultra miniDrive
SanDisk 64GB SanDisk Ultra miniDrive
Price: 52.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for its purpose, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This will give your MacBook a boost if you're running low on storage. My MacBook has a 512GB solid state HD and I only keep applications on it. Files are stored on a NAS so I have loads of room still. Having said that, a time will come, be it on holiday shooting time-lapses, or just when I eventually fill it up with 'stuff' a little 64GB boost will be appreciated. I'd recommend if you're low on room, otherwise don't bother for now.

LC-77 77mm Center Pinch Front Lens Cap for Nikon
LC-77 77mm Center Pinch Front Lens Cap for Nikon
Offered by GIL ENTERPRISE
Price: 8.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 11 May 2014
A great replacement to my lost-in-the-back-of-a-cab lens cap. The pinch feels different to my old one though, I'd say it actually feels better on this version than my old one.

Only thing I'd complain about is that the silver 'Nikon' logo is missing some of the silver on the top of the 'k'.

Pampers S4 Giga BD - Pack of 120
Pampers S4 Giga BD - Pack of 120

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, we like them., 7 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great value for money and a great product! What more can I say?

There are 120 nappies inside the box which as you'll appreciate is quite a few. And it's always good to have 'quite a few' nappies about the house and in bags, and under the pram, and in my wife's handbag etc...

The nappies themselves are nice and soft and with a smell of sanitation (admit it, you've sniffed). They fit well, are elasticized around the legs and the waist is adjusted simply by sticking down the tabs where necessary. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18