Profile for Evan > Reviews

Toni & Guy Men Styling Clay, 75ml
Toni & Guy Men Styling Clay, 75ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm?, 28 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Clay, Gel, Paste, Putty. Jeez.... I just want something that works without leaving my hair looking greasy or like I've been electrocuted - thankfully this Toni and Guy clay does a good job of holding hair in place without looking like I have stuff in my hair.

It tends not to last all day though so I'm either not applying the 'correct' amount, or I need something else. But I find this with every single hair product I've ever tried so don't count it as a con against this clay.

Works like a charm, looks good in and for the most part does the job.

Konig Stylish Retro Table Radio - Baby Blue
Konig Stylish Retro Table Radio - Baby Blue
Offered by Ryness Lighting & Electrical

5.0 out of 5 stars Retro style, great sound, 28 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A cool looking great sounding retro style radio in baby blue and white. Easy to tune with an old fashioned dial which makes any fine tuning easy to do. It comes with a UK and 2 prong European plug and has the space for batteries should you need to take it away from a power source.

Sound quality is good and reception in my flat is fine. The speak is big and carries sound well in the low and high ends. It's about £30 at time of writing and if you don't have need of a digital radio, then this should suit you fine.

Panasonic ALL3 Wireless Speaker System (White)
Panasonic ALL3 Wireless Speaker System (White)
Offered by Hughes Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, easy to set up, excellent audio, looks great, 27 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Easy to set up and use via the app and sound quality is excellent for a wireless system.

Philips GC7635/30 PerfectCare Pure Steam Generator Iron - One Perfect Temperature, 240 g Pressurised Steam Boost

5.0 out of 5 stars A great compact steam iron, 5 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the second iron I’ve been able to review by Amazon lately, both of which are steam irons. This unit is far smaller than the other model I have (a Tefal Effectis Steam Generator) making storage easier. Speaking of which, this Philips has a specially designed wrap around cable storage ares in the base which keeps things nice and tidy, only leaving the plug hanging loose.

The base holds 1.5L of water which is more than enough for several uses though I find I have filled it up on every use and empty it after use for storage weight reasons. One of the features of this iron is the claim that says you can rest it face down on clothing or your ironing board but habit and caution tell me to rest it on it’s backend…

I haven’t had it or used it long enough to rate the limescale cartridges but the fact that these are in there no doubt will help with the affects of London’s chalky water.

It also comes with a 5 year guarantee from Philips!

Sage Instant Accounts Plus 2015 (PC)
Sage Instant Accounts Plus 2015 (PC)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for the faint hearted or those without time to learn, 24 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As someone who uses accountants for business reasons, I've been wanting a usable off-the-shelf package that I can pick up and run with. This is not it.

The learning curve is incredibly steep and clearly, programs like this are geared towards people who already know a thing or two about accounting. I don't have the time to invest in learning this so can't fully commit to using it without the need for support. It comes with 45 days which may sound a lot but given VAT filing etc is done quarterly and corporation tax etc is done annually, it's not really there for you when you will need it most. You can however pay for extended support.

When I have an accountant already (yes it's more expensive but at least I don't need to worry about filing deadlines etc) I can't really justify learning accounting to be able to use this product. A shame but not for me.

Field Punishment No.1 [DVD]
Field Punishment No.1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Fraser Brown

2.0 out of 5 stars Predictable and cliched...., 24 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Field Punishment No.1 [DVD] (DVD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A decent enough film to entertain and inform the average non-discerning viewer. Production values are good enough for a homegrown NZ film and the story is easy to follow.

However, I don't particularly like the film as it tells the story of self-centred individuals who for no explained reason object to contributing to the war effort, even in a non-combat role. And it's here that the characters themselves become unlikable. Object to fighting? Sure. Object to helping your country in anyway? Surely you deserve Field Punishment Number 1.

Whether the film is faithful to the characters, or due to artistic licence and poor direction I couldn't tell you, but all I can say is the individuals concerned come across as selfish and the film is full of cliches about the war. As a modern film, it takes a decidedly anti-war approach to the subject matter which doesn't do itself any favours on the cliche front.

Personally I think the characters deserve what they got.

Tefal Effectis Steam Generator Iron GV6720 - Green
Tefal Effectis Steam Generator Iron GV6720 - Green
Offered by U Stores

4.0 out of 5 stars Good steam iron, short power cable, 20 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Holding 1.5lt of water this steam iron produces a very good amount of steam (for our needs at least) and does so for long enough to iron our clothes in one go without running out of water.

This iron replaces an unnamed brand iron that we bought out of necessity when we moved house recently. We've never owned a 'steam generator' iron like this so are new to the whole concept. The steam generator certainly makes decreasing suits (jacket and trousers) easier and makes for easier 'ironing' all around. It heats up very quickly and does a good job so we're pretty well please with all aspects of it.

As mentioned by at least one other reviewer and is in my opinion a big but lone downside - the short length of the power cord at roughly 1.5 meters means you have to set up close to the wall socket, a pain in our particular flat but maybe not an issue for others. Though the cable does nicely wrap around the unit for tidier storage.

Pine Coat Rack with Shelf (36" - 5 hooks, Antique Pine)
Pine Coat Rack with Shelf (36" - 5 hooks, Antique Pine)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great coat rack, 20 Mar. 2015
A great item that looks the part and seems well constructed. I've used spring toggle screws to fit this to the gyprock wall (plasterboard / drywall) and it holds up well with 5 or so coats/jackets under daily use.

Looks great and does the job!

Fungoo Large Monkey tree Baby Nursery Wall Sticker Naughty Monkeys Boys bedroom wall art Decal Children playroom home wall art -120cmH x 185cmW
Offered by NUBI

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice vinyl stickers, slow delivery, 16 Mar. 2015
These are great, look good, easy to peel and stick and are numbered for ease of putting together.

They took well over a month to arrive though, beyond the stated delivery time frame so be warned.

Premier Housewares Acacia Wood Large Square Serving Bowl
Premier Housewares Acacia Wood Large Square Serving Bowl
Offered by Office Stationery Supplies

4.0 out of 5 stars holds fruit, made of wood..., 16 Mar. 2015
A great looking bowl that we use for fruit. It's not very deep though, certainly not as deep as the photo makes it look but still, it does the job.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20