Profile for KeithD > Reviews

Content by KeithD

KeithD

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
IdealVape.com Genuine Kanger Genitank Series Clearomizer Tanks in Mini, Standard, Mega and Giant Sizes (Genitank Giant)
Offered by Imago Global

4.0 out of 5 stars Giant arrived without the Stainless Steel Tank Shown in the pictures., 21 Nov. 2014
A great product but take care. Two of the pictures show this comes with the Stainless steel replacement for the tank. It arrived without it. Hence I presume the reduced price.
I could not find the stainless steel tank cover available for purchase on its own on the Net.

Merrell Waterpro Maipo, Men's Water Shoes, Black J80053, 11.5 UK
Merrell Waterpro Maipo, Men's Water Shoes, Black J80053, 11.5 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Lacing takes a little bit of getting used to, 18 Sept. 2014
Run off road in these several times and ground contact is great.
The lacing system looks a little gimmicky but when you make the effort it does help with them fitting well for the whole foot.

I have used them for road running too but find the cushioning is not great on the road. I have had cheaper shoes that are more comfortable and absorb the impact of the concrete better but then these are not built for road work so retain the five stars.

Under Armour Stealth Storm Men's Running Tights
Under Armour Stealth Storm Men's Running Tights
Price: £41.85 - £83.23

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for the long legged!, 18 Sept. 2014
Not great for long legs. I am 6'4'' with most of that in my legs.
These sit three inches up from the top of my ankles and that was the XX large.
The reflective area to the back of the claves fits very snuggly and felt good. Best compression in that area I have come across and have three different brands of running tights.
Compression around the thighs not great.
Not tried in the rain yet but my other DWR products from UA perform very well so no reason to believe this will not be the same here.

Formatt Hitech Lucroit 165mm 77mm Adapter
Formatt Hitech Lucroit 165mm 77mm Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Precsion, 3 May 2014
Word of warning this has been massively over priced on Amazon recently. Please quickly browse the rest of the web b4 buying here.

Down to the review. Recently purchased this to use with the mafrotto 303SPH multi pano head and the 80-200 F2.8 lens. Yes I did mean the 80-200, half the price or more than the 70-200 and just as good for what I wanted it for.

The precision is amazing. With practice and following the available advice I am getting next to no colour fringing and some amazing landscape shots.

Buy and enjoy!

Motionperformance Essentials Elegant Stylish Compact Vent Fit Cup Can Bottle Holder
Offered by MP 1st Class Supplies

3.0 out of 5 stars So wanted to give it 5, might really deserve a 2, 29 Mar. 2014
Mostly works well but ended up with coffee it foot wells more than once going around corners.

Spent plenty of time trying to set it up properly but it my Volvo740 it just falls off the grates occasionally. Now attached with some garden wire and it works a dream but you shouldn't have to do that.

On long trips the ability to put the heater on and keep a large cup of coffee hot off of the heater blowing over the holder is fab which is why this got 3 stars rather than the 2 it probably deserves for falling off.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2015 8:47 AM GMT

Polaris Liner Gloves Black X-Large
Polaris Liner Gloves Black X-Large
Offered by Y Frame Discounts Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Photographers Dream in winter, 29 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Polaris Liner Gloves (Apparel)
Used on a photo trip to Iceland in winter. Worn under ski gloves which are way too thick and clumsy to operate a camera.

When I stopped to shoot these things kept the chill off wonderfully.

On their own in winter in Iceland they would not be enough but then they don't claim to be. They were plenty good enough that as a landscape photographer I could shoot for over an hour with just these on and whilst my hands got cold I could still feel and use all my fingers and operate my camera.

I even submerged my hands at one point in a glacial lake to get a shot of bergs from the lowest angle I could and I can now confirm they dry very very quickly too :)

Fenix HP25 LED Heard Torch 360 Lumen (Flood & Spot)
Fenix HP25 LED Heard Torch 360 Lumen (Flood & Spot)
Offered by Outdoors365

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, 29 Mar. 2014
Used this on a winter camping trip to Iceland. It rocks it really does.

Also used it for long night walks with the dog.

As a photographer I have used its various combinations to help with light painting subjects to great effect. The wide low light setting was great for setting my camera up without trashing my night vision too.

Takes a little getting used to to get it sat on your head correctly for both beams to be where you want them.

I can see why runners would not like it though. The wide beam is probably too diffuse to confidently see your next step when moving quickly and the tight beam ends up too distant to benefit the same.

For any other purpose than running I cannot imagine a better torch, truly!

Gerber Suspension Multi-Plier
Gerber Suspension Multi-Plier

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than i was hopeing for, 29 Mar. 2014
A great tool. Feels solid. Used on a camping trip to Iceland in winter and now never off my belt. Think I have used all the tools not and not one complaint. Not too heavy either.

Wenger Asterion 650602 Lighter Black
Wenger Asterion 650602 Lighter Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it Purchased 4 winter trip to Iceland, 29 Mar. 2014
I am a heavy smoker and have owned this for over 4 months and love it. It worked faultlessly in vicious winds in Iceland to light my stove which is why it was purchased.
I must add with the smoking too it would not have lasted a full week on one fill so used another cheep lighter in the car and when the wind was down I used waterproof matches for the stove.
It is solid and has survived a couple of drops onto hard surfaces without a mark.
A couple of points relating to some complaints I have seen about it on other sites.

If you have been running it for some time it may not light if you try to light it straight away after letting it go out. No biggie wait a couple of seconds...

Sometimes some debris has gotten into the front nozzle and it can burn wrong, a swift firm blow and it clears.

Do follow the instructions and completely empty the reservoir of gas before refilling and invert it when you refill. Don't ask me why but it doesn't fill well or burn properly if you do not do both.

Note I have given it 5 stars and it deserves them. I am just saying treat it with a little respect.

Hersheys Reeses Peanut Butter 510 g (Pack of 3)
Hersheys Reeses Peanut Butter 510 g (Pack of 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Tastes just as you would expect, 29 Mar. 2014
I should probably give it 5 stars but it is my review :P I love the reeses cups and I love peanut butter on my toast. It turns out I don't love Reeses on my toast..

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4