Profile for Elissakat > Reviews

Elissakat (Birmingham, England)

In the Night Garden Spin and See Game
In the Night Garden Spin and See Game

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun In The Night Garden, 23 July 2009
This was a great toy for my youngest (who's 3). Her sisters ( 5 and 9 ) did play it for a bit but the eldest, understandably, got bored after a while. A perfect toy for younger children though.

Under the Eagle: A Tale of Military Adventure and Reckless Heroism with the Roman Legions
by Simon Scarrow

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb series, 1 April 2009
I saw the authors name in WH Smith one afternoon and decided to see if there were other books by him. I ended up getting the entire series of books and was not disappointed with any of them. The main characters you warm to instantly. I would recommend the books to one and all. I am a huge fan of the futuristic Dan Abnett Gaunts Ghosts series of books and I felt the characters in Simon Scarrow series of books were just as easy to relate to and 'bond' with as the characters in the Ghost books. Both sets of soldiers appear to be modern day, yet Simon Scarrow superbly intertwines that with the history of Rome. If you are a fan of Roman military novels, then you really should read these.

Balamory - Fingal's Cave & Other Stories (Carry Me) [DVD]
Balamory - Fingal's Cave & Other Stories (Carry Me) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Balamory

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all young kids!, 1 April 2009
This has been a wonder for my girls. They love watching it and it is great as a calm down on an evening before bed. Recommended.

REPUBLIC: THE PILLARS OF ROME
REPUBLIC: THE PILLARS OF ROME
by Ludlow

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow at first but definitely gripping, 1 April 2009
I bought the 2nd of the series from a charity shop without realising it was part of a trilogy. So, when I found out, I got the other two from Amazon. I must admit that I nearly didn't continue reading the series as the first book was, I found anyway, somewhat heavy going. But I am very glad that I stuck with it. The book ended up being a very enjoyable read. The main characters are well written, with each of the individuals personalities described in an effortless manner. I am currently two thirds through book 2 and Republic, although not of the same quality as Conn Igguldens Emperor series, is a must for all fans of Roman Fiction.