Profile for Chilli and Mint > Reviews

Lemongrass and Ginger Cookbook: Vibrant Asian Recipes
Lemongrass and Ginger Cookbook: Vibrant Asian Recipes
by Leemei Tan

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent All Rounder Asian Cook Book, 13 Sep 2012
Leemei Tan's first cookbook 'Lemongrass and Ginger' is a pleasure to read and most importantly a joy to cook (and eat of course!) her wide range of Asian recipes. Aesthetically the book ticks all the boxes. It looks good with its bright lime green cover and pretty Japanese flowers on a navy background; it's the type of book that I rather like having laying around the kitchen to dip into whenever I have a few quite moments. Importantly it also has substance and recipes that you actually want to cook. Within its pages are a good selection of beautifully composed photographs, taken by Leemei herself - clearly her talent is not only in cooking but also in the artistic composition of styling and photographing food; no easy feet I can tell you from experience.
I like the fact that she has given a good overview of temptingly delicious recipes from across Asia and has split her chapters according to regions - for example 'Japan and Korea', 'China' 'Philippines and Indonesia' etc. I find it rare to come across a cookbook where I actually want to cook more than 10 recipes within the book, but in the case of Leemei's I seriously want to try them all. If you like Asian food and want to explore dishes across many of the Asian regions then this is the book for you. It's easy to follow and one that will be part of my cookbook library indefinitely. I'm already looking forward to her next book to come out.....whenever that will be!