Profile for George Hill > Reviews

Content by George Hill

George Hill "georgehill_10"

Page: 1 | 2
New Glass/clear Tea Infuser Piao i Teapot 1000ml(Large)
New Glass/clear Tea Infuser Piao i Teapot 1000ml(Large)

3.0 out of 5 stars Sent me old stock & Charged full price!, 23 Mar. 2014
This only gets three stars because I believe I was sent an old model of the piao teapot. After looking online and researching for the best teapot I settled on this one.
When it arrived the box was filthy and dusty and looked like it had been sat around for years.
The teapot itself was different to the one featured online and in the picture. This one has a tall filter in the middle and not a round filter at the bottom like it shows. Also, the logos on the teapot are different.

I am not happy about paying full price for old stock so two stars deducted from the review for that!

The teapot itself is fantastic and I am sure the new one i wanted and I should have got is even better. Just don't buy from here.

Celsus AIS2131 ISO Lead for Volvo
Celsus AIS2131 ISO Lead for Volvo

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the right fit for a 2000 volvo as stated, 22 Jan. 2014
I bought this product a few months back in the Hope if fitting my stereo for the summer. However it was the wrong lead for the car it states on the advert. To be fair, I should have got back to the seller quicker but I needed a different cage to fit the stereo so put it off until now... that's when I found out it was wrong and had a nightmare getting the right one.

But apart from the fact it's the wrong fit for a 2000 v40 the quality is good and the seller was fast.

Anyone who has a volvo stereo with the two big connectors in the back in grey and green (with orange inside) needs to get an ISO PC2714

Greatest Guitar Riffs of All Time
Greatest Guitar Riffs of All Time

1.0 out of 5 stars Pile of stinky poo of an album., 18 Jan. 2014
THIS IS RUBBISH. Worst "guitar" album I've ever bought. There are some stinkers on here! I'm pretty sure some of the songs don't ever have a riff on them!

Save yourself some money and but one of the 6 disc 100 hits of rock type compilations. All the good ones are on there and none of the crap ones from this album.

Babyliss 7056CU Cordless Rechargeable 8 In 1 All Over Grooming Kit
Babyliss 7056CU Cordless Rechargeable 8 In 1 All Over Grooming Kit

1.0 out of 5 stars Only for beardies., 18 Jan. 2014
Seller was fine. product is a bit crap. It's only really any good if you have a full on beard... not a stubble style beard. The trimmers are too long to cut anything unless you have a busy beard and the other attachments are useless really. I only use it as an expensive nose hair trimmer now.

I guess if you are one of these guys who details his stubble it might be useful but don't expect to much. Quality is good but just not practical for me.

Max Payne 3 (PS3)
Max Payne 3 (PS3)
Offered by gamesdvdscdstoysandsports

5.0 out of 5 stars The best game I've played!, 18 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Max Payne 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
This is probably one of the best games I've ever played. Awesome! You need this game in your life. Hours if gameplay and a great story.

Universal DIN Pocket/Tray
Universal DIN Pocket/Tray
Offered by BASS JUNKIES - Wolverhampton

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but read my points first..., 18 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Universal DIN Pocket/Tray
This is a great little product. Good quality and a snug fit. However there's a couple of things to bare in mind when buying...

1) it does not look like the one in the picture but is still good.

2) You need a din cage to fit it in... I thought it just filled a gap but no.. you need a cage or it rattles

Other than that I am pleased with it and it fits all the odds and ends in nicely.

Johnsons Anti-Chew Spray 150ml
Johnsons Anti-Chew Spray 150ml
Offered by Pet Connection

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor item. Good Seller., 28 Oct. 2013
Ordered this to stop my dog chewing her paw, all it does is make it sore and she keeps licking and biting it. Does not stop her at all.
Not a bad price and arrived quickly (delivery cost was a bit high in my opinion).
Only giving 2 stars because it's not the sellers fault.

I think this is more for dogs that chew shoes or cushions etc but it does say it deters self harm ... not with my dog it don't.

Buying a protective boot to try and stop her getting at it.

Brown Slim Leather Wallet Protective Flip Case Cover for the iPhone 5 and 5S, Screen Protector Included
Offered by Purplemoose007

5.0 out of 5 stars Briliant! Actually changed my life..., 30 Sept. 2013
OK.. so it didn't change my life... but it has changed how much crap I need to carry around. Now I have my phone, bank card, drivers license and a few notes all in one place and no need to carry a wallet too, or find another pocket etc.

I got this after trying to cram my phone, bank card and car parking ticket into one pocket while my car keys were in the other... When I took out my phone to take a call everything else came out with it and I lost my car parking ticket which then cost me £12!

I paid under £5 for this little case and I must say I am really impressed. Not only does the phone fit like a glove, my cards and money fit really well and there is still plenty of give left to close it. The quality is much better than I expected and I have had people comment that they thought it cost a lot more than it did.

There are many comments about the quality and this almost put me off... I am glad I didn't listen. Anyone who thinks this product looks cheap should go and waste their money on something more expensive... I doubt it will be much better.

The only slight complaint I have is that it takes a bit of getting use to when you hold the phone during a call or texting but you soon figure it out. It is a small sacrifice to pay when you consider it is protecting £450 worth of phone.

I will be buying again. I feel I have already got my monies worth out of it.

Duronic HDC2 Small Black EVA Case for External Portable Hard Drive - Suitable for WD/western digital/Toshiba/Buffalo/Hitachi/Seagate/Samsung + more
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Case and fits in my pocket, 30 Sept. 2013
This simple little case is great. Well made, looks good, protects the hard drive and fits in my pocket. The little netted section stores my cable perfectly and... well it just works. Ideal for what I need and a fantastic price.

Autoleads DFPK-113 Car Audio Double DIN Facia Adaptor for Universal 113mm D.Din Cage kit
Offered by BASS JUNKIES - Wolverhampton

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as pictured or as easy as it looks, 9 Jun. 2013
Ordered this for my volvo v40 as I got the order number from Halfords and I know autoleads are a good product. However, when this was delivered it was in a plain box with no autoleads branding at all. Which I thought was odd.

When I opened the box I found that there were no instructions so I had to try and figure out what all the bits did and where they go. I managed to find some instructions via google in the end after spending the best part of an hour trying to figure it all out and taking my stereo in and out and in and out far too many times then I wanted to. When I found the instructions it turns out that there should be some screws with this kit to actually attach the bits to the cage. There were no screws... so I am screwed.
The picture clearly shows 4 screws, 2 keys, 4 plates and 2 spongey things (which I still don't know what to do with).
What I got was 2 plates and 2 little copper slides that release the unit when the keys are used. Also the fascia surround is held on with 4 little clips which are very very tight... so far they have not snapped but hold my breath when I click in on as I am just waiting for it.

I have still not fitted this kit as I got fed up and had enough and now I need to set aside one afternoon to do it once I have purchased some screws and got my PHD in audio fitting before I tackle this.

Given 2 stars because of the missing screws.

Should you buy this?... I guess it depends on your level of expertise... I have always fitted my own stereos and never had any issues, however this is the first time I have done a double din one which requires a lot of fiddling about. I wish I had spent the extra £20 and got someone at Halfords to do it all for me and I know for definite that its autoleads that way.

Not very happy with it and missing screws and instructions... I would think twice next time.

Page: 1 | 2