Profile for Mr. B. P. Moss > Reviews

Content by Mr. B. P. Moss

Mr. B. P. Moss "Brian Moss" (Kingsbury, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Toshiba HDTB310EK3AA 1TB Canvio Basics USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars WELL UP TO THE JOB, 3 April 2015
I bought this to back up three computers some of which were getting old and/or nearly full computers. Just one caveat. I c9nnected it with a 2 metre USB extension flex and it made funny noises and did not work. I then wentback to using the short cable supplied and all is well. Maybe the long flex led to voltatge drop. I have since bought a second identical device and backed up the back up so that I can give one to each of my children who live far away. After my time they will not have to search my computers for family photos etc.

Scotland Appointments 2015 Calendar
Scotland Appointments 2015 Calendar
by Colin Baxter
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars One great thing is the early publication date, 11 Aug. 2014
I ordered severral copies as I did last year. Some I send to friends aborad which they appreciate. One great thing is the early publication date. In past years I had to wait until October or thereabouts by which time I had already neede to enter several publications for the following year. Will order some more shortly..

DataWax Universal Ski & Snowboard Wax
DataWax Universal Ski & Snowboard Wax
Offered by DataWax

5.0 out of 5 stars EASY TO APPLY, 28 Mar. 2014
Needed this wax in a hurry for a last minute ski trip. It arrived in good time and usefully stated the temperature at which it should be applied. Unfortunately my iron thermostat was not calibrated in degrees. I solved the problem by slowly increasing the temperatur until the wax melted. Too high a temperature may damage the sole of the ski.

Olympus VN-732PC Digital Voice Recorder with 4GB Flash Memory, WMA, MP3 - Silver
Offered by Carmarthen Cameras

5.0 out of 5 stars CONVENIENT TO USE, 28 Mar. 2014
About 15 years ago I bought an Olympus VN-120 voice recroder from a High Street retailer for £30. It has served me well but is limited as you cannot wind it forward or backwards at slow speed like you could with the old tape recorders. Also you cannot connect the machine to a computer. At a high quality setting it could only record for less than one hour.
I am really pleased with the new model. I write short articles for the local newspaper and used it at a crematorium a few days ago.
Despite a noisy air conditioner I could make out every word spoken by the woman who took the service thanks to being able to wind forward or backward, if I missed a phrase, I could return to it without going back to the beginning.
Am well pleased with my purchase and its recording capacity is way beyond what I will ever need.

How to Get More from Your Satnav
How to Get More from Your Satnav
by R. T. Scanlon

2.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTING, 8 Dec. 2013
I have a satnav in my pocket, on my bike and in my car. I don't know what I expected from this book but it is the first book in years which has turned out to be so disppointing. I expected loads of information on the workings of satnavs which was just not there.

Brabantia Essential Line Can Opener with Metal Handle and Plastic Grip
Brabantia Essential Line Can Opener with Metal Handle and Plastic Grip

5.0 out of 5 stars DOES WHAT IT SAYS ON THE TIN OPENER, 8 Dec. 2013
Looked around the shops and saw lots of cheap tin openers which looked cheap. I realised that the one which had just worn out was about fifteen years ols and it was a Brabantia. So I ordered this replacement with which I am well pleased.

Pro User 250PSI Car Tyre And Beach Items Digital Air Compressor
Pro User 250PSI Car Tyre And Beach Items Digital Air Compressor
Offered by Equestrian Performance

4.0 out of 5 stars WHY 250 PSI?, 8 Dec. 2013
Cannot fault the product which is very reasonably priced but why is it described as 250 PSI? My Mondeo is quite happy with 31 psi and my bicycle runs nicely on 50 psi. And the pump only goes up to 100 psi!

AstralumenTM A Series 13W LED Light Bulb - daylight white - B22 standard bayonet fitting (80W equivalent)

5.0 out of 5 stars WHITE AND BRIGHT, 8 Dec. 2013
I have now replaced all the filament lamps in my house and all those so called high efficiency bulbs which take a minute to reach their peak brightness. One word of caution. I chose daylight because they generally give most lumens per watt but some people may prefer a warmer white lamp which are available.

13amp Easy Plug
13amp Easy Plug
Offered by TheBigShip

4.0 out of 5 stars WHY AREN'T ALL PLUGS MADE LIKE THIS?, 8 Dec. 2013
This review is from: 13amp Easy Plug (Misc.)
As one grows older it can be hard ro remove Britsh fused plugs. This is the solution. It is easy enough to wire and certainly easy to remove from its socket

AstralumenTM GU10 6W LED Daylight White Light Bulb (6.5w = 50w equivalent)
AstralumenTM GU10 6W LED Daylight White Light Bulb (6.5w = 50w equivalent)
Offered by Homewatt

5.0 out of 5 stars COOL AND BRIGHT, 2 Dec. 2013
I have bought several of these bulbs and and am very pleased with them. I never used this type of bulb in the past because they were so hot. I do buy "daylight" bulbs rather than warm white because they are more efficient but the cold white is not everybody's choice. The GU10 type bulbs can be awkward to fit but this is a function of the design and not of this bulb

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4