Profile for stibule > Reviews

stibule (Surrey, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars recommended, 6 July 2010
Sometimes you do not know what quality you are going to get until you open the package. My daughter and I were delighted with these beads - and quick delivery too. Recommended

Mornings in Jenin
Mornings in Jenin
by Susan Abulhawa
Price: 10.42

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-read, 7 Jun 2010
This review is from: Mornings in Jenin (Paperback)
I absolutely loved this book - I had chosen it for a book club read and we all loved it, although using the word "love" to describe a story so tragic may be a little trite. One of the reviews mentioned that the writing was too simplistic - I felt that the story was simply told, but that this simplicity and lack of detailed desription of all the horror made it all the more poignant and credible. There is only one bit right at the end (when you read it you will know what I am referring to!) that was unsatisfying to read as it did not ring true with the rest of the novel, and was not really necessary to add. I finished the book thinking that I had a much clearer understanding of why people would be driven to do some of the extreme things we read about in the papers, and it gave a Palestinian perspective on the troubles in their beautiful country. I also think that a lot of the book was about love and family and humanity. I cannot believe that it is not a world-wide best seller!

Bead Loom Bracelets
Bead Loom Bracelets
by Anne Akers Johnson
Price: 13.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Bead loom bracelets, 11 Jan 2010
This review is from: Bead Loom Bracelets (Paperback)
This is a great book and kit, and my 11 year old daughter is really enjoying designing and making professional bracelets for family and friends. Instructions are clear and the loom is more substantial than I had expected.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3