Profile for Suzy Shipman > Reviews

Content by Suzy Shipman

Suzy Shipman "suzshi" (Mid Wales, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Melissa & Doug Show Horse Stable
Melissa & Doug Show Horse Stable

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for young horse lovers, 27 Jun. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Review by my daughter, aged 11... This stable is great for kids who like horses and are learning about them. The horses clearly represent some of the different colours, patterns and breeds of horses. They are all the same shape, but for younger children this doesn't matter. The stable is lightweight even with the horses in it and is very easy to carry around. It's well built from wood, and seems unlikely to fall apart. The paint job is good - the contrast between the red paint and the natural wood colour looks nice. The doors open easily and the horses don't get stuck. The stickers for name plates are very good because you can choose the horses' names yourself, whereas with some stables you have to stick with the names the company has given the horses. With the doors open wide, it's easy to access all the horses, and you can create a field for the horses. For more advanced collectors, the stable fits some Schleich ponies and foals. It would also fit Stablemates and smaller models. For collectors like me, I would have appreciated bigger compartments in the stable, and less horses as this would be more realistic.

Wacom Bamboo Pad Light Touchpad with Digital Stylus - Metallic Grey
Wacom Bamboo Pad Light Touchpad with Digital Stylus - Metallic Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little pad, 27 Jun. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was nicely packaged and looks smart. Installation went smoothly - my daughter just plugged it in and off it went. The pen is tucked inside so for a moment she was confused about where it was! At first it was a bit confusing to use, but when you get used to it, it's like using a mousepad on a laptop (but you can use the pen instead of your finger). It's very responsive so you can draw/write quite naturally. It didn't come with any drawing software which was a bit disappointing. It worked well with Paint and Gimp though. We also downloaded the Wacom Bamboo Dock which had some enjoyable apps to try, although the drawing apps weren't that great - one was too simple and the other was too complicated! It's quite small, but not too bad for what my daughter was doing - a good little pad for kids/teens to try.

Mad Catz F.R.E.Q.3 Headset - Black (PC DVD)
Mad Catz F.R.E.Q.3 Headset - Black (PC DVD)

3.0 out of 5 stars Strangely shaped, 27 Jun. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This headset is a strange shape. Take a good look at the picture and decide if you like it before buying them - they're very angular with bits sticking out at strange angles. Fine if you like that kind of thing, but I'm not so sure about it myself. I didn't really like the on ear controls - I kept forgetting where they were and poking about trying to find them! I found them fairly comfy on my ears but the band over my head kept sliding back. If I tightened it to stop it sliding, it wasn't comfortable on my ears :-/ My partner tried them and couldn't get them to be comfortable at all so it wasn't just me! The sound quality was good, though not amazing. I thought the 2 cables was a good idea, so you don't have to get an adapter if your device has a dual socket. Overall a bit disappointing

Melissa & Doug Fold & Go Stable
Melissa & Doug Fold & Go Stable

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but the roof comes loose!, 1 Jun. 2014
This stable is nice to look at, with lots of good accessories and is very useful for the horse-loving child on the go. We bought this so that my daughter could use it to transport model horses back and forth and have it and the accessories to play with along with the horses when she reached her destination. In this task it has been really useful... until now ... after having it for a year, she can no longer use it for transport as the roof is coming loose. It appears that the strain on the roof from being carried by the handles has made the glue fail. This is a bit of a flaw when the stable is designed to be carried in this way! So the stable can no longer be used for it's main purpose, but it's still a nice stable that is being used in a more stationary way in my daughter's bedroom, so I'm not rating it too low!

Schleich Horse Stable
Schleich Horse Stable
Offered by GASCHers

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality and lots of play value, 1 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Schleich Horse Stable (Toy)
I purchased this stable for my horse-loving daughter, who has had various stables (bought and home-made) and this is by far the favourite. It's made of wood, which is a great start, as it's instantly much better than the various plastic contraptions. It also has plenty of good details, like the opening gates and stable doors, and the access via the partially removable roof. It wasn't hard to construct when it arrived, and unlike other stables, nothing has fallen off or collapsed since. My daughter has had this for nearly a year now and it's still going strong.

GB eye Ltd, Bob Langrish, Running, Maxi Poster, (61x91.5cm) PH0225
GB eye Ltd, Bob Langrish, Running, Maxi Poster, (61x91.5cm) PH0225
Offered by Poster Revolution UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Horse-loving daughter gives this the thumbs up!, 1 Jun. 2014
My daughter was the recipient of this lovely poster and she was delighted with it. She has it in pride of place on her bedroom wall (along with many, many other horsey things!). It is good quality and looks great.

3663 White Bread and Roll Mix 3.5kg
3663 White Bread and Roll Mix 3.5kg

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty Bread, 1 Jun. 2014
This bread mix is very good - it makes tasty bread and is very easy and convenient. If you make bread regularly you'll appreciate the size of this bag as it can make several batches. For me it's just a matter of weighing out the amount I need into my Kenwood's bowl, adding warm water, and I'm off. Simple :)

Rii Mini RT-MWK01+ 2.4GHz Wireless Entertainment Keyboard (with Touchpad, Laser pointer, Backlit) for PC, Pad, Andriod TV Box, Google TV Box, Xbox360, Raspberry PI, PS3 & HTPC/IPTV, UK Layout (Black)
Offered by AMPFLOW (VAT REGISTERED)

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work!, 1 Jun. 2014
Maybe we were unlucky to receive a faulty device, but this just didn't work AT ALL. Nothing! It was fully charged but wouldn't connect with any device in the house. Really disappointing as it looks like a really useful mini keyboard. Ours had only a brief visit to our home and quickly went back to Amazon. I hope our experience is not the norm. If it is, they really need to take a good look at quality control!

Pill/Tablet Box - Weekly - Purple/Lime - Medidos No. 1
Pill/Tablet Box - Weekly - Purple/Lime - Medidos No. 1
Offered by zig_zag_lane_books

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful and not clinical, 1 Jun. 2014
I bought this pill box to get more organised with the pills I have to take regularly.

It has a little box for each day of the week which has dividers so you can put in 4 different sets of pills. It's marked on the side with breakfast, lunch, dinner and bedtime, which lets you see at a glance which set of pills you need. Even if you don't actually take your pills at mealtimes, it should hopefully allow you to separate your pills into rough times of day.

It's really useful to be able to put all the pills I need for the week into the compartments and not have to root around for the pills I need at each time. It's small so fits easily in my handbag and my pills are on hand wherever I am. I liked the fact that it's a fun colour rather than being very clinical in style. It looks like a little purple book.

My only minor issues with this are that in one way it's maybe a little TOO small as I have quite a few pills to fit in and it's getting a bit of a tight fit in each compartment ... and the velcro on the little strap is coming loose. But these issues don't detract from how useful it is!

JML Sit Right Graphite
JML Sit Right Graphite
Offered by Keepersdeane

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this product if you are planning to use it while driving!, 1 Jun. 2014
This review is from: JML Sit Right Graphite
I bought one of these following a suggestion from my occupational health adviser that a mesh back support might be helpful for me (I have sciatica).

I tried it in the car and on my office chair and thought it was so comfortable and helpful that I bought 2 more so I could leave them in place on various chairs without having to move them around.

However ... the one in my car (after being used for no more than 5 days of driving to and from work) suddenly snapped while I was driving! The shock alone could have caused me to have an accident! Then I had to deal with the fact that I'd adjusted my seat and driving position and now it was all wrong. Fortunately I didn't have an accident and no disaster ensued, but I was very disappointed. Once I was able to stop and check what had happened I found both of the back straps (which hold the back support in the curves position) had snapped simultaneously. One at the top and one at the bottom - the straps had pulled completely out of the stitching at the edge. It looks like the stitching isn't strong enough to hold it. I have now requested a refund and am returning the back support to Amazon.

The other 2 back supports are on office chairs, where perhaps the stresses on them are less, so they are still in one piece (for now). Possibly this could have been one faulty item, but I suspect it's just the basic "you get what you pay for" - these are cheap, and perhaps that is because they are not as good quality as the similar products you can buy in Halfords for £19.99 (which I've now bought as I don't trust a JML in the car any more!).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15