Profile for Suzy Shipman > Reviews

Content by Suzy Shipman

Suzy Shipman "suzshi" (Mid Wales, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Canon EOS 650D Digital SLR Camera - Black (Inc. 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens Kit) (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Camera, 17 Jan 2013
I recently upgraded from a Canon EOS 400D to the 650D, and I love my new camera. I had previously been very much content with my 400D, but the 650D has many great features which make it a pleasure to use. Some of my favourite points:

- The LCD display is really sharp and clear - great for reviewing your shots - makes the display on the 400D look poor even though it's not really that bad

- You can use the LCD display to take shots which at first I thought was a bit pointless (what's wrong with the viewfinder?), but when trying to take macro shots of damp moss near to the ground it is extremely useful being able to use the LCD display, especially as it angles and tilts, so now I'm a convert!

- The fact that the LCD display is touch screen was something that again I thought was an unnecessary extra - however it is very useful to make quick changes to settings without turning dials and knobs

- The 18.0 megapixel sensor is excellent and is an obvious step up from my 400D's 10.1 sensor. If you need to crop a shot you can do without losing detail and the photos are top notch quality (well, as good as the photographer who takes them!)

- The ISO of up to 12800 is very useful in low light conditions, although of course if you go too far, you do risk grainy shots as with any camera

- The price is not unreasonable for a piece of kit of this quality

- It feels good in my hand - not too heavy but reassuringly solid

- The £50 cashback from Canon was a very nice little extra

All in all I think this is an excellent camera and I'm really happy with the shots I've got with it. The only downside is that it's so good I had to buy a new lens and spend more money! Shots taken with the combination of the 650D and my new Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM lens are definitely worth the money!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 22, 2014 1:52 PM BST

Creative HS-430 Draco Headset
Creative HS-430 Draco Headset

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for online gamers, 17 Jan 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got these for my son who likes to play online games with friends and chat on skype with them as they play. He finds them comfortable to wear for long periods and the sound quality is good. He has no problems with his friends hearing him through the microphone. The only negative about them is that the wires that go through the band round the back of your head came loose after about 3 or 4 months. This lead to tangling and potentially they would have broken all together. We've taped it up and they continue to work fine, but this is an area you'd need to watch and be ready to tape up. Other than that they are really good and I like the round the back of the head style.

Circus World (PC CD)
Circus World (PC CD)

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish!, 17 Jan 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Circus World (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This game sounded like fun and I was expecting something along the lines of Zoo Tycoon or Rollercoaster Tycoon. It is nothing like these. It's difficult to install, and then when you do finally get it installed it's unclear what you are meant to do. It's really boring and dull and confusing with poor graphics. Not a fun game at all! Rubbish!

BT Synergy 5500 DECT Quad Cordless Phone with Answer Machine - Black / Silver
BT Synergy 5500 DECT Quad Cordless Phone with Answer Machine - Black / Silver

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 29 Dec 2012
The only good thing I can say about these phones is that you can use them to call people. This basic requirement of a phone is fulfilled. However, other than that, they are terrible.The worst thing about these phones is the constant list of missed calls that don't actually exist - I thought perhaps there was something up with my phone line but it seems this is a widespread problem. This makes my missed calls list completely useless as I have given up looking at it when it says I have 27 missed calls and none of them are real. It also claims I have messages when I don't. Another issue is that when you receive a call on one of the phones, the other phones list it as a missed call which can be very confusing (if of course you actually bother to look at the missed calls!). One of my phones has now got a problem with its screen so although it continues to receive calls, you can't see any writing on the screen to see who is calling. Lesser annoyances are that you have to set up each phone individually which is rather frustrating, and although there is a facility to use a sim card to add phone numbers to each phone, this is not all that helpful if you don't store numbers on a sim card already. Not recommended. I have had them for 18 months and like many other reviewers, I will not be buying BT phones again and will be replacing them with Panasonic phones.

Delonghi Vintage Icona Storica CTOV4003.BK 4-Slice Toaster, Matt Black
Delonghi Vintage Icona Storica CTOV4003.BK 4-Slice Toaster, Matt Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, 27 Oct 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very stylish toaster which looks good in the kitchen. It doesn't have any amazing new features, and is very similar to other toasters in terms of functionality, but the look is what makes it stand out. You could probably get a toaster that does the same job, just as well as this one, for less money, but if you are looking for a toaster that looks good while it is toasting your bread (or roll, or bagel) then this is a good choice.

Remington D5017 Pro Dryer Kit - 2100 W
Remington D5017 Pro Dryer Kit - 2100 W

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Hair Dryer, 27 Oct 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
One of the first things that struck me about this hair dryer was the feel of quality. It just feels solid and well made, with a bit of weight to it, quite different from my old plasticky hair dryer. It also looks sleek and shiny. Clearly how it looks and feels aren't the main points, but it does help when it is something you use every day. As to functionality - it dries my hair quickly and effectively, the settings are easy to change and work well, and I don't have to have it at the hottest setting to get my hair dry in a reasonable time (which my hands appreciate). The cable is a good length. I'm not too good at styling while drying hair so the the round brush hasn't had much use, but the paddle brush is a really nice brush which I use every day. The attachments are useful to have if you need them, though for me I mainly just use the basic dryer without attachments. The carry case is handy if you're travelling and want to keep your accessories together, and also makes this into in a nice giftable set. Overall a very nice, good quality hair dryer which is better than any I've used before.

Charlotte Street
Charlotte Street
by Danny Wallace

5.0 out of 5 stars Will do wonders for the sales of disposable cameras!, 29 April 2012
This review is from: Charlotte Street (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
You know how some books are like a fairy tale? Fun, good, but nothing like real life, and you can't imagine it really happening? Well this one isn't like that. This one is real. Jason Priestly (not that one) is your average slightly obsessive, slightly messed up man. He's muddling along, living next to a brothel (it's not a brothel!), thinking about his ex a little too much, and not really going anywhere. And then a chance encounter with a girl starts him off on a stalkerish trail with a bunch of photos, his mate Dev and a couple of new friends picked up along the way. It might be fate or it might just be chance, but Jason and The Girl are connected in some way and in the end ... well, I'm not telling you that! I really enjoyed this book and it's true what it says on the cover - it really is "a heartwarming everyday tale of boy stalks girl". It's also funny and really well written - a great read. Now I want to go and get a disposable camera and invest in the moment, and see what I story I end up with after those 12 clicks.

Ripcurl Boys Revert Resin Tint Os Backpack Black
Ripcurl Boys Revert Resin Tint Os Backpack Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong & tough, 1 Feb 2012
My son has had this backpack for just over a year - going back and forth to school, stuffed full to bursting. Only now has one of the zips finally given out. I'm pretty impressed with it as apart from that one zip it's still in really good condition.

The History Keepers: The Storm Begins
The History Keepers: The Storm Begins
by Damian Dibben

5.0 out of 5 stars Great start to a new series, 15 Dec 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My 12 year old son read this and really enjoyed it - he found it hard to put down. He's now impatiently awaiting the sequel. It's full of adventure, excitement & drama and seems like the start of a really special series.

Sure Maximum Protection Cream for Women (3 x 45ml)
Sure Maximum Protection Cream for Women (3 x 45ml)
Offered by M&B Bargains

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, 15 Dec 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I found this really effective and easy to use. I have a tendency to gas myself with spray on deodorant and I can't use traditional roll-ons as they give me an allergic reaction. This type of deodorant was new to me and I really liked it. It's pretty expensive but it does work really well and it lasts for many applications. I started off using it at night as suggested and that worked fine - I didn't keep it up but that was only because I kept forgetting! It also smells nice and is quite subtle. I think I'll have to buy some more as going back to spray on is very disappointing! :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12