Profile for Carolina Moon > Reviews

Content by Carolina Moon

Carolina Moon "cardboard_c" (Sheffield, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
FrameShop Free - Photo Frame Editor HD
FrameShop Free - Photo Frame Editor HD

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice collage app, 23 July 2014
Great app, even the free version has lots of editing options. Works well and in comparison to other collage apps this one easily creates different sizes and shapes of collage quickly making it my favourite one. Easy give stars.

Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek (Kindle Tablet Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this, 3 Feb. 2014
Good value for money, one of the longest puzzle games I've played. Good mystery. I had it on normal mode and I did think it was quite easy, might be worth paying on expert if you wanted a challenge.

The Sims Freeplay
The Sims Freeplay

4.0 out of 5 stars Hopelessly addicted... and frustrated, 30 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Sims Freeplay (App)
First off, this is a great game. Really addictive and most incredibly free.

However it is time draining and frustrating. Everything happens in real time, so if you want your Sims to go in the bath for 30 minutes it actually takes 30 full minutes. Some tasks you need to complete to progress can take 10 hours or more. It's geared towards getting people to make in app purchases to speed things up and I'd frustratingly slow if you're not willing to do this.

However it is a good game and enjoyable.

Window Shopping For Men On Match.com
Window Shopping For Men On Match.com

3.0 out of 5 stars Good start..., 28 Dec. 2012
I enjoyed this book, but I'm not sure I would have started reading it if I realised there is no conclusion to the story and you have to purchase another 2 ebooks to finish it. Disappointing. I would have purchased another book by the author but this tactic of splitting what is essentially one book just seems sneaky. I would have given more stars if I didn't feel deceived.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2012 9:49 AM GMT

Twisted Vengeance: A Supernatural Thriller
Twisted Vengeance: A Supernatural Thriller

3.0 out of 5 stars Distinctly average, 27 Dec. 2012
Unlike some other reviewers I didn't find any of the `twists` surprising, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's predictable. It's reasonably well written, and I've definitely read far worse, but I wouldn't seek out the author again. It's okay but I`m glad I didn't pay for it.

18 Cosmetic Make Up Brush Set with Case Eyeshadow/Blush
18 Cosmetic Make Up Brush Set with Case Eyeshadow/Blush

3.0 out of 5 stars Great - for the price., 13 Dec. 2011
I spent along time looking at brushes on amazon and settled on this one based on the price (lets face it the price is amazing) and the good reviews. I do love this set but i'm going to be honest you do get what you pay for. I bought it primarily wanting a set of eyeshadow brushes and luckily these are the better brushes of the set it has a good range of different angled brushes great for eye makeup.

When i first tried the brushes i found them disappointing as they struggled to pick up but having washed them they have improved dramatically and now i have no problems with any on the eyeshadow brushes. The exception being the larger brushes, the quality of these is much lower than the smaller brushes and i still struggle to pick blusher up with any of them reagrdless of washing them. So have had to resort back to a fcuk bluser brush i already owned. The foundation brush is not dissimilar to a MAC brush i already own. The case is nice and looks really professional, it's actually really impressive.

All in these brushes are a good buy but when i can afford it i will buy a more professional expensive set but until then i will continue to use these every day.

Ultimate Minerals Powder Foundation by Wet n Wild Light
Ultimate Minerals Powder Foundation by Wet n Wild Light
Offered by ***Daisy***

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed., 13 Dec. 2011
I bought this having never tried mineral foundation to see the effect without spending alot of money. Having read other reviews i thought that this colour would be okay for my pale skin - I was wrong. My boyfriend who usually doesn't notice what i'm doing with my face looked at me and said i looked orange, the opposite to what i wanted. Probably better for warmer skin tones but no so good on the super pale and somewhat interesting ;)

Even with my new orangey look i didn't think the coverage merited the effort of even putting it on - I wouldn't buy it or wear it again.

Iams Adult Cat Hairball Control Succulent Roast Chicken 1.5kg 1500g
Iams Adult Cat Hairball Control Succulent Roast Chicken 1.5kg 1500g

5.0 out of 5 stars Hairballs be gone., 1 Sept. 2011
My cat is an 11 year old long haired persian, he sheds constantly and as he has aged hairballs have become more and more of a problem. At the time i switched my cat to hairball (he has always eaten Iams)he was vomitting approx 3x per week due to undigested hair. Although this food doesn't completely stop the problem it has decreased to maybe 1-2 times per month definately worth using to reduce my cats distress.

Iams itself is nutritionally balanced and my vet always comments on the perfect condition of my cats teeth due to eating dried food. With only one scoop of food a day required it's works out brilliant value for money, i would never recommend anything else to any cat owner.

Viva Pinata: Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Viva Pinata: Limited Edition (Xbox 360)

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for children., 21 April 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I read several reviews for this game commenting on how great it was and comparing it to sims with pinatas... that's all i had to read to buy it. Unfortunately i didn't read anything that made this as clear...

****IT IS DEFINATELY FOR CHILDREN.****

It's a nice game, good graphics etc but clearly made for small children NOT a whole family game. As an adult it's painfully slow going and patronising with endless tutorials and well done speeches, will keep my neices and nephews entertained though so not a bad purchase.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 4, 2014 4:06 PM BST

C.S.I: Crime Scene Investigation - New York - Season 1 Part 2 [DVD] [2005]
C.S.I: Crime Scene Investigation - New York - Season 1 Part 2 [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Gary Sinise

5.0 out of 5 stars CSI New York FOR THE WIN., 21 April 2009
I love all the incarnations of CSI but New York is by far my favorite, it's darker and gritter then the others but still follows the orignals winning formula.

This boxset is only the first part of season 1, it is frustrating they released the season in two sets but the price makes its still a good but when buying both compared to other television boxsets and you still get a good amount of episodes per box with added extras.

Page: 1 | 2