Profile for Mrs. Lauren S. Homan > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Lauren S....

Mrs. Lauren S. Homan "Lauren H" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
White 100% pure Linen Fabric by the metre
White 100% pure Linen Fabric by the metre
Offered by QUALITY FABRICS

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good quality fabric., 11 July 2014
Beautiful, soft mid-weight linen fabric - lovely quality. A small issue with the delivery (took nearly 2 weeks to arrive), but the sellers communication was good and this was sorted out satisfactorily. This is the second order I have placed with these poeple and the first order came pretty quick so I'm hoping this was just a little glitch as I am planning to buy more in the future.

A Clash of Kings: Game of Thrones Season Two (A Song of Ice and Fire)
A Clash of Kings: Game of Thrones Season Two (A Song of Ice and Fire)
by George R R Martin

4.0 out of 5 stars Second installment of the Song of Ice and Fire, 31 May 2014
After the tragic events at the end of book one, we start this next installment with a divided realm and four kings. The Stark family are spread about and divided by conflict . Although theoretically this should be really action-packed due to the warring etc, I actually found this book to be a little slow and ploddy in parts, especially at the beginning. I very quickly got bogged down in the ever-more complicated "so-and-so of house such and such, bastard son of Lord somebody or other" descriptions (frequently flicking back to remind myself who they were, again and again!!). I often found myself speed-reading through some of the more lengthy and tedious family histories and descriptions to be honest!! Having said that, there were a lot of good bits, and the battle at the end was intense and immersive. The characters are fascinating and brilliantly written, as each chapter sees events from his or her perspective and is named for them.

A Hat Full of Sky
A Hat Full of Sky
by Terry Pratchett

4.0 out of 5 stars Second Discworld novel to feature Tiffany Aching, teen witch., 31 Dec. 2013
This review is from: A Hat Full of Sky (Paperback)
In this follow on from Wee Free Men we see Tiffany Aching begin her training as a Witch, which features more of Nanny Ogg and Granny Weatherwax, as well as some new witches (young and old). As in the first book Tiffany is accompanied by the hilarious Nac Mac Feegles (little woad covered men with red hair and kilts who like fighting and drinking!). Good fun.

Wintersmith: (Discworld Novel 35) (Discworld Novels)
Wintersmith: (Discworld Novel 35) (Discworld Novels)

4.0 out of 5 stars Third Discworld Novel with Tiffany Aching, 31 Dec. 2013
This is the third installment of the Tiffany Aching novels. This seems a lot more serious than the other two and I have to say, in places, a bit ploddy.... Even the normally hilarious Feegles seem more serious in this installment. It starts off strangely (at the and of the story more or less, then goes back?! - I actually thought I'd missed a book out somewhere). Stick with it - its worth reading because it is quite a good story (although Terry Pratchett seems to run out of steam/storyline halfway through and then it picks up again), and anyway, you need to read book 3 to get to 4! (Tonight I Shall Wear Midnight).

The Wee Free Men: (Discworld Novel 30) (Discworld Novels)
The Wee Free Men: (Discworld Novel 30) (Discworld Novels)
by Terry Pratchett

4.0 out of 5 stars First in another Enjoyable Pratchett collecttion, 31 Dec. 2013
This is the first in a series of books about a young witch, Tiffany Aching. Although not as hilariously funny as others such as the City Watch series (in my opinion) it still has its share of great characters, fun moments and, as always, Terry Pratchetts fantastic, comic and often very deep insight into human nature. In this book we are introduced to Tiffany as she discovers her "witchiness" and at the very end she briefly meets the other famous Discworld witches, Nanny Ogg and Granny Weatherwax. Very enjoyable read.

30 Gold Blonde Traditional Kirby Hair Grips Slides Clips Pins 5cm
30 Gold Blonde Traditional Kirby Hair Grips Slides Clips Pins 5cm
Offered by AllsortsAccessoriesUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and good value., 7 Nov. 2013
Just the colour I wanted, good amount and good value.

Have had a job to find clips this colour in the shops.

The Narrowboat Builder's Book
The Narrowboat Builder's Book
by Graham Booth

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable, 7 Nov. 2013
Some of the prices and products may be slightly outdated, but this is an invaluable guide to anyone fitting out a narrowboat from scratch.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little elastics, 7 Nov. 2013
Ideal for braiding - I have blonde hair, but they are see-through so are ok for all hair colours, Great.

Godefroy Eyebrow Lightening Kit Blister
Godefroy Eyebrow Lightening Kit Blister

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - and good value., 7 Nov. 2013
I must admit I was skeptical about dying my own eyebrows - I have sensitive skin and naturally black, thick hair and eyebrows to match! Recently decided to go blonde and thought I'd try doing it myself instead of paying a salon to first bleach and then colour my eyebrows - brilliant!! As long as you follow the instructions fully you should have no problem changing even black eyebrows like mine to really light brown. Take note of the developing times carefully - If you try to leave it more than the maximum time of 4 minutes in one go then you will up with slightly gingery eyebrows - I have managed to get my eyebrows to go a sandy blonde to match my my by applying every few days for 2-4 minutes and lightening them gradually. in addition, I have had no problems whatsoever with stinging or skin sensitivity with use, and I have really fair, sensitive skin.

One tip - I used half the amount it stated on the instructions and it is just enough to do both eyebrows - the first time i mixed the amount they said and ended wasting a lot. Make sure you mix well and really work into the eyebrows. I found really rubbing it from root to tip of my eyebrows with the wand more effective than combing it through, but that's my personal opinion.

At £15 for many months worth of product it really is very economical and extremely quick and easy to use - JUST MAKE SURE YOU DON"T LEAVE ON TOO LONG!! If you do end up with slightly gingery brows you can always pencil over them with a light brown/blonde brow pencil until they need re-doing, so its not the end of the world.

Nice to find something that does actually work exactly as it says, and works well. It must be good stuff to lighten my brows from black to light brown/blonde with no nasty skin issues. In my opinion, its well worth the money. Anyone who says it doesn't work is simply not following the instructions or using it properly?

BaByliss 5548U Dry and Curl 2100 W Hair Dryer
BaByliss 5548U Dry and Curl 2100 W Hair Dryer

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant value - no frizz!, 7 Nov. 2013
I have very coarse, curly hair that's prone to frizziness. This is an excellent value dryer that actually doesn't make my hair go fluffy. Its also quite quiet too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3