Profile for K. Newton > Reviews

Content by K. Newton

K. Newton (London)

Cinema Affair
Cinema Affair

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Cinema Affair' - Lisa Friend’s sparkling tone soars over the wonderful accompaniment of the City of Prague Philharmonic, 26 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Cinema Affair (Audio CD)
Having purchased Lisa Friend’s two previous albums of which were wonderful, I could not wait to order her latest album ‘Cinema Affair’ after hearing some preview tracks on Classic FM ‘Album of the Week’ this week. A beautiful collection of romantic film themes. Lisa’s sparkling tone soars over the wonderful accompaniment of the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra! I’ve listened to this CD
endlessly and never tire of the tracks. Wonderful album! What a CD! Highly recommend.

Luminance
Luminance

5.0 out of 5 stars An Inspiring & beautiful CD for all ages alike, 10 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Luminance (Audio CD)
I bought this lovely CD for my daughter as I thought it would inspire her with her own flute playing and learning. I couldn't have picked a better CD. She has listened over and over again and is now practising madly. My daughter and I absolutely love the cover of the CD and the playing is just as beautiful. The CD arrived promptly!

Deep In My Soul - Lisa Friend
Deep In My Soul - Lisa Friend

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful album!, 7 Feb. 2014
I've just bought 'Luminance' 'Solo & Duo Works for flute and piano' after hearing it on Classic FM. I was so touched by the beautiful playing of flautists Lisa Friend and Anna Stokes, it prompted me to order 'Deep in my Soul' which is an absolutely lovely collection of romantic and film works!