Profile for C. Bowers > Reviews

Content by C. Bowers

C. Bowers "Chilled" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
TV Aerial Coax Splitter 1 Male to 2 Female by electrosmart® ~ Converts an existing Female Coax Socket to Two Female Coax Socket Outputs
Offered by electrosmart

5.0 out of 5 stars Just works, 9 Aug. 2012
What can I say it just works,deliverd on time and low cost, hard to say much more on such a simple product

Philips 32PFL4007T 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Smart LED TV with Freeview HD

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price, 9 Aug. 2012
This TV is OK but not great. The picture is sharp crisp and with the WiFi dongle it has access to BBC iplayer etc. There are some drawbacks which stop me giving it 5 stars. First the sound is a bit weak, it lacks clarity has some distortion and no bass so if you do not have a separate sound system this will dissappoint. I use it with an external sound system so not bad except the remote will not mute or control output volume into my system easily. The out of the box settings give terrible motion artifacts esp on SD video scaled up or zoomed to the HD display. You need to adjust the HD Motion settings for this to be OK even then it is OK not great. HD video is superb and the freeview HD tuner works well. HD content via HDMI is superb.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 29, 2013 6:38 PM BST

Get Me Some
Get Me Some
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars Jeff Healey What can I say, 30 July 2012
This review is from: Get Me Some (Audio CD)
Brilliant I will repeat this 20 times as repeated words don't count! Jeff Healey at his best just turn it on listen and enjoy.

Archos 502036 Gen 9 8 inch Tablet (1.5Ghz ARM processor, 512MB RAM, 16GB Memory, Android 3.2 Honeycomb (upgradeable to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Versatile, 30 July 2012
I wanted a tablet to take out for weeks ends away to review photos and not have to lug my laptop with me. This 8 inch Archos tablet is spot on, not too big and a useful size screen. Yep the iPad Screen is better but this has a micro SD slot and a USB connector so just works perfectly. It arrived on time updated to ICS no problem I have downloaded several app for email news sport BBC iPlayer movies etc. Add to that the price vs overpriced Apple products and it is a winner.

SanDisk SDMX18-008G-E46K Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player - 8 GB, Black
SanDisk SDMX18-008G-E46K Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player - 8 GB, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little player, 20 Feb. 2012
I use this for the gym it is astounding. Beats my iPod in terms of audio quality hands down. Yep the volume is restricted out of the box but this is easily fixed with firmware updates and region settings. I dont see how Apple can charge what they do for the shuffle!

Bush 320GB Hard Drive Freeview Recorder DTR with Twin Tuner (Amazing Price)
Bush 320GB Hard Drive Freeview Recorder DTR with Twin Tuner (Amazing Price)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use, 6 Jun. 2011
what can I say this is a Ronseal product in that is does exactly what it says on the tin. Simple to use no fuss no bother just does it. Good picture quality.

Back In Black
Back In Black

5.0 out of 5 stars AC/DC at their Very best, 23 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Back In Black (Audio CD)
What can I say a classic rock album not a duff track on it! Bought this to replace an old broken CD.

Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Lens
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Lens
Offered by Electron UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great All Purpose Lens, 23 Dec. 2010
I bought this to go with my Nikon D3100. I have several lenses but out and about changing them is a pain. I do a lot of walking and like to snap wildlife landscapes anything that takes my fancy. Results with this lens are very good across the whole range. Maybe not quite as good as multiple narrower range lenses but I would have missed many picture opportunities changing lens to get the right length. The VR works well.

Update I have had this lens a while now and it is great. It is a good compromise maybe not as long as some but means I don't have to change lens while walking and I have grabbed several shots I would have missed. Recently at a RSPB reserve with lots of very serious photographers there with massive professional long lenses. A Bittern broke cover and flew - I had the cheapest lens kit but I was the only one to get shots of the bird.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 2, 2016 12:13 PM BST

Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens Kit (14.2MP) 3 inch LCD
Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens Kit (14.2MP) 3 inch LCD
Offered by WAA Electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Does Exactly What It Says, 23 Dec. 2010
Bought this camera lens kit late November. It does exactly what it says. Easy to use lots of automatic help with the flexibility to take control. Pictures are sharp low noise and vibrant colour if a little over exposed on the automatic settings. This is easy to correct by manual control of the camera or editing of the pictures, better a little over exposed than under exposed in my view. A great DSLR starter package with a great lens.

Update I have had this camera a little over 7 months now. Used it is Africa, UK, indoors, outdoors. All types of pic landscape. portrait, wildlife, sports. I have invested in a number of Nikon lenses and I have to say I am very pleased with the results. It is simple to use but has all the features of many more expensive DSLR cameras. It is nothing short of amazing in low light and/or very high ISO.

Guitar For Dummies
Guitar For Dummies
by Mark Phillips

1.0 out of 5 stars Get a lesson!, 14 Feb. 2008
This review is from: Guitar For Dummies (Paperback)
I bought this for my son who wanted to learn. What a waste pay for a few lessons with a teacher quite cheap for kids. Used for a couple of days then discarded. Anyone who has been playing more than a month will find this a waste of money.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 8, 2012 4:14 PM GMT