Profile for Ms. J. Jentzsch > Reviews

Content by Ms. J. Jentzsch

Ms. J. Jentzsch "strawberry" (UK)

We Need To Talk About Kevin (Five Star Paperback)
We Need To Talk About Kevin (Five Star Paperback)
by Lionel Shriver

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring!!!!, 22 Nov 2007
I read a lot in any spare time I might get, but this book has been putting me to sleep. I hate giving up a book as I alwyas think it might get better. This book did not get better and I gave up reading it half way through. The author goes on and on about very insignificant details. There is no real story line that could possibly grab your attention. It is basically the story of a mother feeling sorry for herself and telling her enstranged husband about it.
I bought this as it was constantly recommended by Amazon so I though I would give it a go. Please save your money and by yourself a good book. However if you have sleeping problems this might just be the solution!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2008 12:23 AM BST

The Three Evangelists
The Three Evangelists
by Fred Vargas
Price: 6.29

4.0 out of 5 stars A must read book, 13 Sep 2007
This review is from: The Three Evangelists (Paperback)
I love all of the Fred Vargas work. However the translation is not amazing. I have read her books in german and english and the german version is so much more enjoyable. Fred Vargas has the ability to make the reader love all her characters. You will start to love Adamsberg and all the characters helping him to solve the cases. If you are lucky enough to read french or german read it in these languages. Otherwise just give her a try and you will soon buy all her work.