Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Call to Arms (Black Fleet Trilogy, Book 2)
Call to Arms (Black Fleet Trilogy, Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 July 2015
Great storyline, looking forward to next book in the series

QuickBooks Pro 2015 3-User [Download]
QuickBooks Pro 2015 3-User [Download]

3.0 out of 5 stars Awful online support, 10 Jun. 2015
We have used 2008 for many years and it does the job fine however it is running on and old XP machine and was single user so we decided to upgrade to the three user version. Before purchasing I used the live chat on quickbooks site to verify that I could upgrade to 2015 and the system would be able to transfer the data from our 2008 files. Talk about a run around, it took 30 minutes of live chat to eventually get the support guy to admit that I had to use there upgrade service and I would need to pay for it but he would not say how much. Instead he wanted all our details so a company support specialist (great name) could help me with deciding what I really needed (upselling) and transfer my files. At this point I gave him the heave ho and investigated myself low and behold there on there own web site is the information on how to upgrade the system.
As I pointly remarked to the live chat specialist, their system is 'not fit for purpose', all they want to do is get the maximum revenue irrespective of your needs.

Gaudi. The Complete Buildings
Gaudi. The Complete Buildings
by Rainer Zerbst

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 15 Jun. 2014
An excellent book especially for the price, covers all his life with plenty of excellent pictures of buiildings and drawings.

Antoni Gaudi (Temporis Collection)
Antoni Gaudi (Temporis Collection)
by Jeremy Roe

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Pictures, 15 Jun. 2014
Having recently visited Barcelona and seeing the buildings myself I was interested in learning more about Anton Guadi, some brilliant pictures

Toward Yesterday
Toward Yesterday

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 15 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Toward Yesterday (Kindle Edition)
I Have read all the Extinction Novels which like this one I found difficult to put down, if you are into Science Fiction this author is a great read.

Bring on the next on.

C-S2/CS2 GENUINE BLACKBERRY BATTERY CURVE 8520 & 9300 3G - ORIGINAL REPLACEMENT
C-S2/CS2 GENUINE BLACKBERRY BATTERY CURVE 8520 & 9300 3G - ORIGINAL REPLACEMENT
Offered by a1cheapshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service with fast delivery, 18 April 2013
The battery was purchased as a replacement as the Blackberry phone was no longer holding enough charge for even one day mainly on standby. The only problem with the new battery was that there were no instructions so first time I put the battery in the phone it would not charge, on inspecting the battery I noticed the very small plastic film covering the contacts. Once I had removed film the battery worked well and restored the phone to its normal operation.

Targus AWE55EU Laptop Cooling Pad 2 fans laptop cooler fits 15"-17"
Targus AWE55EU Laptop Cooling Pad 2 fans laptop cooler fits 15"-17"

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent chill mat, 24 Nov. 2011
I have a 17" laptop that gets very hot when used on my lap, after reviewing a number of different products I opted for this one and very pleased with it, power consumption is very low, fans are extremely quiet and the laptop is running about 10 degrees lower than without the mat. Product is also just the right size for the laptop, just got to get used to the extra height.

Jquery Mobile First Look
Jquery Mobile First Look
by Giulio Bai

5.0 out of 5 stars jQuery Mobile First Look, 3 Sept. 2011
jQuery Mobile First Look
As a long term user of the jQuery library for web applications I found this book was a great introduction to using jQuery for mobile applications, giving explanations not only of the differences with the web version but also of mobile application requirements. The book starts by explaining the jQuery framework and discussing the differences with other mobile frameworks before moving on to configuration and extending jQuery over the first three chapters. The rest of the book concentrates on techniques for mobile applications including dealing with navigation, the use of AJAX with forms and list views for organising and laying out content. At the end of the book is an appendix which presents a useful list of API calls and properties for jQuery Mobile internals.

In all I found this a great book to get a handle on using this new version of an old favourite.