Profile for Dimorrow > Reviews

Content by Dimorrow

Dimorrow (Northern Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Buzz-Off 100% Natural Mosquito Repellent Bracelet Five (5) Pack - Deet Free - Guaranteed to Work - Fast, Easy Deters Bugs for Hours - Natural Oil Bug Repellent - Kid Safe Insect Bracelets
Offered by Gordon and Bond

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, 7 Jun. 2016
I really like the idea of these and really want them to work as I am always the one in the family to get bitten! We could all be standing in the one place and I will end up covered in bites which then go on to swell up and become infected and nobody else even has a bump!!

These bracelets are in a resealable packet with you can apparently put them back in after wearing as they are good for 240hrs exposure to the air, personally when we go on holidays I plan to never take the thing off! They are a pale green microfibre material which is soft to wear and doesn't look like it would make you sweaty round the wrist. There is a strong smell of citronella when you open the package but it's not obvious when you are wearing them.

I have only worn one braclet for a few hours so far as I'm saving them for when we go on holidays which is where I'm attacked most but I didn't get any midge bites the night I wore it whereas I did the night before, so it's a good sign.

I'm hoping these will be a success as I hate using the sprays for insects as it sets off my asthma.

I received these at a discount in return for an honest and unbiased review

Swim 2pc Inf00 Navy 7-8 Yrs
Swim 2pc Inf00 Navy 7-8 Yrs
Offered by Style Discount UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Two happy boys!, 17 May 2016
Lovely swim set for young boys, however it is on the small size and I would buy the next size up

TEQIN Life Hammer Keychain Car Escape Emergency Survival Safety Tool, Seat Belt Cutter + Car Window Breaker + Whistle(Blue)
Offered by Dewin

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but essential car tool, 13 May 2016
This is one of the products you buy but hope you will never have to use but after a tragedy that occurred recently locally where 5 members of a familytragically drowned it is an necessity in every car I feel. It is also quite difficult to review as you don't want to test it out. It came well package, mine is a bright blue so should be easy to find in the glove box. The packaging has a diagram on the back explaining how to use all the bits of it. The blade is protected so people shouldn't accidentally slice their fingers on it, the hammer part seems to work by pressing against the window and pushing it hard, the 'shockwave' from this then shatters the window. It's important to note that it does say it won't work on window screen or adonised glass which I assume is tinted glass?The whistle is quite loud, my two dogs appeared instantly beside me when I blew it! I did receive this at a discounted price to provide an honest review but at £6.99 I think I would happily pay full price for it anyway.

School Backpack Rucksack - Boys Girls Medium Size Bags - A4 Folder Backpacks - 5 Kids Unisex Colours, Plain Black - Lightweight Childrens Rucksacks 0.5kg - 25 Litre Capacity - 42cm x 32 x 20 - RL32K (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, compact bag, 9 May 2016
This is a good quality rucksack it feels sturdy but light. I wanted it for my three year olds hand luggage when we go on holidays as wheelie suitcases are more trouble than their worth when you're trying to juggle a 6 yr old, 3 yr old crutches and bags! The back straps are padded and adjustable and so should be comfortable for my son, the back of the rucksack is also padded for extra comfort. The main compartment of the bag has a double zip opening as does the long front pocket. The bag would hold a decent amount of stuff but for my son it won't be over packed. There are an additional two front single zipped pockets plus two side mesh pockets. I received this at a discount for an honest review which I have provided, I would have liked to have been given the choice of different colours instead of just black but I've bought some superman patches so hopefully that will keep him happy.

Backpacks Rucksacks for School - Childrens Rucksack Multiple Pockets - Boys Girls Medium Size Bags - A4 Folder Backpack - 5 Kids Colours, Plain Black - 0.5kg - 25 Litre Capacity - 46cm x 33 x 20 RL37M (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy backpack with comfortable straps, 9 May 2016
This is a good quality rucksack it feels sturdy but light. I wanted it for my six year old hand luggage when we go on holidays as wheelie suitcases are more trouble than their worth when you're trying to juggle a 6 yr old, 3 yr old crutches and bags! The back straps are padded and adjustable and so should be comfortable for my son, the back of the rucksack is also padded for extra comfort. The main compartment of the bag has a double zip opening as does the long front pocket. The bag would hold a decent amount of stuff but for my son it won't be over packed. There are an additional two front single zipped pockets plus two side mesh pockets. I received this at a discount for an honest review which I have provided, I would have liked to have been given the choice of different colours but I've bought some spiderman patches for it so I'm sure he will approve of that.

Gelindo Stainless Steel Measuring Cups - 4Pcs (60ML/80ML/125ML/250ML)- Food Grade Metal Measure Cup - Lifetime Diet Measuring-Cups with Engraved Measurements! Dishwasher Safe
Offered by GelindoDirectUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily cleaned and great product, 22 April 2016
I received these at a reduced price to give a true and honest review.

I ordered these for my husband as he is the baker in our house. He frequently complains about recipes having American cups as a measurement. Obviously you can look up online what these are but that's a hassle when you are in the middle of baking.

The measures come in a set of 4 and were well packaged. They are in a cloth bag inside the box which I assume is to stop them scratching however in a general working kitchen I don't think it's practical to keep them inside it at all times. The cups are attached together but are easily separated so it isn't going to have an effect on their use.

As well as each cup having an overall measurement inside there are smaller measures eg 1 cup can also measure 3/4, 1/2 and 1/4.

These are made of stainless steel so are easily cleaned but should also mean they will last a long time.

Hubby has only used them once since I got these (used immediately) but he was very impressed and can see them being a great help in his cooking.

August SWB100 - Bluetooth Fitness Wristband / Bracelet Watch with OLED Display and Smart App - Step, Distance, Calories, Pedometer and Sleep Tracker - With Alerts, Alarms and Notifications
Offered by Daffodil UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Smart looking tracker with some good features but others could be improved, 12 April 2016
I had been looking for a fitness tracker for a while as in due to have hip surgery soon and wanted one for afterwards as a motivational tool to encourage me to keep moving and better the previous day's step count as I felt this visible sign of progress would help me on the bad days, however I didn't feel like spending up on £100 on something that might not be useful to me.

I was offered this product at a reduced price for a true and honest review so I decided why not I'd give it a go.

It did take a while to arrive as it was out of stock at time of ordering and I was aware of this and it did arrive when expected. Once dispatched I was constantly emailed updates of its movement through the postal system. I was also emailed the manual before delivery so I was able to download the app and read up on its use before I received the product.

On arrival the tracker came in a very smart hard plastic box which would look lovely as a gift. I removed the fitness tracker and immediately put it on the charger which fits into a usb plug, it was fully charged within an hour and a half. While waiting for it to charge I had set up my goals on the app which was easily downloaded from the App Store and appears very easy to use.

The strap of this fitness tracker is made of silicon and is a good size and fits nicely with lots of holes for different sizes of wrist. It is very smart looking and has a silver clasp with August at the back. This adds to the pleasing aesthetically pleasing view of the tracker which could be worn by males or females.

On use of this fitness tracker I do like it but I feel the step counter is very generous with its counts and has counted steps when I was washing my teeth with my other hand but when actually walking it's not to far out.

I was really interested to see the sleep tracker as I have been having a lot of disturbed sleep due to my hip pain. According to this tracker I slept all night but had extended periods of light sleep. I only wish I had slept all night! A lot of the time I was awake in the middle of the night was counted as light sleep, when I'm awake at night I don't jump around or get up and wander round the house as I don't wish to disturb the rest of the house and I'm trying to get back to sleep but I might have to waggle my arm around to prove to it I'm awake. I had also set my sleep times but the tracker didn't automatically go into sleep mode I had to set it and it didn't wake me up in the morning as there was no vibrating. However I have since found that you need to set a reminder to wake you up so I will try that tonight.

As a whole this is a lovely little tracker and as I wear it I may get more used to some of the different quirks and how to get round it. Will I maintain with it or move to a more expensive one? I honestly don't know but at the minute I am happy with the tracker as it is.

Dog Shampoo for Itchy Skin - The Best Smelling Cat Shampoo (Long Lasting 16 oz) Oatmeal + Aloe + Shea Butter - Rich Lather and Easy Rinse - Conditioner for Soft Skin and Shiny Fur
Offered by HaloBrands

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant smelling dog shampoo, 20 Mar. 2016
Have been looking for an oatmeal shampoo for my dogs for a while as I was told that it can be very good for irritated skin. My dogs are double coated breed so they can suffer from hot spots and scanning, this is meant to be soothing for them.

This is a nice size of bottle for the price as dog shampoo does not come cheap! This shampoo has oatmeal and Aloe Vera in it both which are good for sensitive skin. It is a creamy white colour and quite thick and smells very nice. It lathered up very well and did not have to use a lot to get a good lather up. It was easy to rinse out and has left the coats very soft and shiny looking. Only time will tell if it is as good for irritated skin as it's supposed to be but at the minute I am very pleased with it.

Taken iphone 6 wallet Case - iphone 6s PU Leather Case - Card Slot - Ultra Slim (Sapphire Blue)
Offered by SB18 SALES

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 14 Mar. 2016
Disappointed with this case. It is a lovely colour but this is one of the only good things I can say about it. The phone does sit into the holder part ok but I would worry about how secure this would be as it is not completely enclosed in a rubber holder, it is only partially held in place.

The front of the case does not lie flat over the front of the phone. It appears to have been made for a much bulkier phone and then adapted for the iPhone 6 and there is a lot of movement in the front flap over the front of the phone. I don't think this case would last for a long time.

I received this at a reduced price/free in an exchange for an honest review

Camping Size Backpack 55 to 60 Litre - Ideal Festival Rucksack Bag - Lightweight Only 900 Grams - Top and Front Handles - Waist Strap and Clip - Glastonbury Bags - Plain Black - Roamlite RL01K (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart looking but useful backpack, 4 Mar. 2016
I was pleased with this backpack when I got it.
It came in a standard Amazon box but was delivered a day later than expected, but I'm sure that's more due to Royal Mail than the company selling it.

I was looking for a backpack for hand luggage for holidays, after doing the airport with two young children and regular carry hand luggage we realised how useful it would be to have both hands available to hold small hands and push trolleys. This is a good size and you could easily use it for short breaks and get all in that you would need unless you tend to over pack!!

It is a dark navy and black colour and has lots of pockets on the outside. It has an elastic but at the front that something could be secured under, and you can tighten it if need be. There are a couple of pockets with zips which are always useful for securely storing items and a few webbing pockets so you can see what are in them. There is a strong rubber handle at the top for carrying the backpack .
All of the zips run freely and don't stick, or catch on anything. The bag itself is very light.
The main part of the backpack is a good sizes with two click straps that can be tightened if needs be.

On the back there is a strong, broad, padded shoulder straps, that have two webbing straps at the top of them, with clips to securely hold extra items, there is also a large padded waist strap for going round your waist.

This hasn't been used for its original purchase use yet but it looks strong and secure and definitely appears confortable to carry.

I have received this product at a discount in return for an honest review. I hope you have found my comments useful and helpful.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3