Profile for Scott Parker > Reviews

Scott Parker

Terminated
Terminated

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting read, 22 May 2015
This review is from: Terminated (Kindle Edition)
Kept me engrossed throughout. Excellent characterisations & a truly nasty piece of work who made me squirm the whole way through.
Working through the back catalogue now that I've found a new fave author.

Nightshade: The 4th Jack Nightingale Supernatural Thriller
Nightshade: The 4th Jack Nightingale Supernatural Thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant follow on, 10 May 2013
Having loved the previous books, I was always going to buy this as soon as it came out BUT did have reservations as to how it could possibly follow on. I needn't have worried! Strong characters, well written and totally absorbing read. Whilst it probably could stand up on it's own, I would recommend reading the first three books beforehand. Already looking forward to the next...!

Midnight: The 2nd Jack Nightingale Supernatural Thriller
Midnight: The 2nd Jack Nightingale Supernatural Thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent follow on from the first book, 1 Dec. 2011
I found this book much easier to get into than the first Jack Nightingale BUT that is down to my initial preconceptions on what I had come to expect from Mr Leather as I have worked my way through all of his Spider Shepherd books and indeed most of his back catalog. Having already gone through a horror phase I must admit to some initial disappointment at this change of direction to a supernatural subject PRIOR to reading. A lot of the books I have read previously of this ilk, whilst great at building tension and keeping the readers attention, don't seem to know how to end, which usually comes very abruptly, leaving me slightly dissatisfied and with unresolved plot issues. HOWEVER, Stephen Leather handles the whole concept of Satanism and Devil worship with aplomb, delivering not only believable lead characters but also believable demons and an excellent plot. I felt more of an affinity with the lead characters second time round to the point where I was almost dreading turning the page at some points in case something was going to happen to one of them. All in all an excellent read. My only complaint is that the price for the download was actually costlier than for ordering the 'dead tree version', which does seem slightly askew - the Kindle edition was £6.99 and the paperback £3.56. I paid an 'impatience' tax because I was so keen to read it!
I'm very much looking forward to the third instalment out next month.

Smart Lunar R2 Rear Light
Smart Lunar R2 Rear Light
Offered by Y Frame Discounts Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent light and good value!, 8 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Smart Lunar R2 Rear Light (Sports)
Delivery was prompt. Light is very bright and, after a good few weeks of use, I'm still on the supplied batteries. Am considering another one to wear on my rucksack in flashing mode to draw extra attention, though that's mainly due to my commute being on unlit country roads. For general cycling, this is an extremely capable light and darn good value.