Profile for Mary Smith > Reviews

Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl Written by Herself
Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl Written by Herself
Price: 0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't get into it and haven't read it., 9 Jun 2014
I cannot tell you why I didn't like this book - the style of writing just didn't flick any switches for me. I abandoned it after a short time, which is something I don't do very often. So did my sister. We have similar tastes and, as a guide, like Lianne Moriarty, Deborah Moggach, Kate Atkinson (most of) - is that any help?

Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 7.94

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it and so does my other half?, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: 21 (Audio CD)
Music is so subjective!! I love Adele and I really like most of this album but, if you're not a fan of hers, then you may not like it. My other half feels pretty much the same. I have to say it's not one that gets put on a lot so I can't give it a five rating. (We're both over 60 years old if that's any help!)

PICTURE PERFECT INSTAHANGER
PICTURE PERFECT INSTAHANGER

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant bit of kit, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: PICTURE PERFECT INSTAHANGER
This was brought for a small bedroom that has occasional visitors in. It's perfect for that and also for hanging things if (like me) you do your ironing in the same room. It folds away completely so doesn't take up space like a rail or wardrobe.

Sea Sew
Sea Sew
Offered by positivenoise
Price: 9.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a gift, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: Sea Sew (Audio CD)
Didn't do it for me but the recipient loved it. So, basically, it's all down to taste - as all music is!! So hard to give stars to. The service was fine though.

Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision Noise Isolating Ear-canal Phones - Black
Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision Noise Isolating Ear-canal Phones - Black
Price: 32.76

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't suit what they were ordered for., 9 Jun 2014
I can't really give a proper opinion, sorry. They were ordered for my son who had to send them back as they didn't stay in his ears when he was running and they didn't work properly with the MP3 player he had but they could be brilliant for all I know

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very funny - at first!, 9 Jun 2014
I thought this book was very clever, mixing real events and absolute nonsense. I laughed a lot at the beginning but it began to wear a bit thin towards the end. Unusual though and definitely worth a read.

The Universe Doesn't Give a Flying Fuck About You (Epic series Book 1)
The Universe Doesn't Give a Flying Fuck About You (Epic series Book 1)
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny! and a bit harsh (but true!!), 9 Jun 2014
This was a very different self help book and made a refreshing change from the endless stream of usual love yourself kind of stuff. It made me laugh so that can't be bad. But I think you might have to be in a decent frame of mind to read it. Someone who felt 'delicate' might have a bit of a problem with it.

THREE PACKS of Marigold Bathroom Gloves Medium
THREE PACKS of Marigold Bathroom Gloves Medium
Offered by Homecare Essentials Limited
Price: 5.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, 9 Jun 2014
Brilliant! Exactly the same as the ones I've had before but have been unable to get hold of recently in my local shop. Thank you.

Sweet Child O' Mine
Sweet Child O' Mine
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great track that I've always loved, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: Sweet Child O' Mine (MP3 Download)
This piece of music was chosen as one of the (many) favourite tracks of my brother, for whom we were compiling a mix for the funeral he always said he would want (though he would have not chosen it so soon). In that respect it is meaningful but not,for me, worthy of five stars. (My brother might have said differently).

This Woman's Work
This Woman's Work
Price: 0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my taste but not my choice either, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: This Woman's Work (MP3 Download)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7