Profile for Mary Smith > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Someone Saved My Life Tonight
Someone Saved My Life Tonight

4.0 out of 5 stars Not my type of music, 9 Jun. 2014
This piece of music was chosen as one of the (many) favourite tracks of my brother, for whom we were compiling a list for a special occasion. In that respect it is meaningful but not, in my opinion, worthy of five stars. (My brother might have said differently).

I Heard It Through The Grapevine
I Heard It Through The Grapevine

4.0 out of 5 stars Chosen as one of a music mix for a funeral, 9 Jun. 2014

Tom Traubert's Blues [Waltzing Matilda]
Tom Traubert's Blues [Waltzing Matilda]

4.0 out of 5 stars Not really a true rating, 9 Jun. 2014

Gone, Gone, Gone (Done Moved On)
Gone, Gone, Gone (Done Moved On)

4.0 out of 5 stars Chosen for a music mix for a wake, 9 Jun. 2014

A Street Cat Named Bob: How one man and his cat found hope on the streets
A Street Cat Named Bob: How one man and his cat found hope on the streets

4.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming story, 9 Jun. 2014
The book's an easy, heartwarming read but it's not a literary masterpiece! The cat and its owner both sound lovely and the book takes you on their journey as they build their relationship. I can't give it five stars because I reserve that for books that I feel are particularly well-written and, though this is a lovely book it doesn't fall into this category for me. I recommend it as a light read

The Hypnotist's Love Story
The Hypnotist's Love Story

5.0 out of 5 stars One of her best, 6 May 2014
I love Liane Moriarty's books and this is one of the best. It keeps you gripped all along, has humour and is insightful. I'd highly recommend it.

Eucerin Q10 Active Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream 15ml
Eucerin Q10 Active Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream 15ml
Offered by BoxofColor

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooths out wrinkles without irritation, 4 May 2014
I've used this product for a long time now. It seems to reduce wrinkles round my eyes very effectively - I am 62 years old so I have a few! It doesn't irritate my skin like other creams do. I would recommend it for people who have sensitive skin.

How to Get a Grip - Forget namby-pampy, wishy washy, self-help drivel. This is the book you need

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheers you up just reading it but not for the faint hearted!, 20 Mar. 2014
A no nonsense guide to getting a grip on life. It's worth reading just because it cheers you up and it's got some useful tips in there amongst the humour.

SanDisk SDMX18-008G-E46K Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player - 8 GB, Black
SanDisk SDMX18-008G-E46K Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player - 8 GB, Black
Offered by Playgo

3.0 out of 5 stars Had to return it, 20 Mar. 2014
Bought as a present for my son. He said the sound was OK but it wouldn't work with his sports earphones and the ones supplied with it kept falling out. I guess it's OK as long as you're not going to be doing anything too active whilst using it. But I can't be sure because I didn't use it myself.

Kokuyo Harinacs Japanese Stapleless Stapler Black SLN-MSH108D
Kokuyo Harinacs Japanese Stapleless Stapler Black SLN-MSH108D
Offered by JAPAN-SUBCULTURES

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful bit of kit, 20 Mar. 2014
OK, so it doesn't do thick wedges of paper - 3 or 4 sheets is enough but it's blooming good. I keep it at work and everyone borrows it. I might have to buy some more (but get work to pay!!) As office Green Champion, I'm pleased to say we've probably cut our staple use in half - and we are a public office that gets through a horrendous amount of paperwork. This is the best stapleless stapler I've seen (and it's the third one that I've tried).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8