Profile for hungrybabydino > Reviews

Scotch® Packaging Tape - Brown - 3 Rolls Per Pack - 50mmx66m
Scotch® Packaging Tape - Brown - 3 Rolls Per Pack - 50mmx66m
Offered by HOUSEWARES-ONLINE

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect tape for parcels, packing etc, 17 May 2014
I've always used this particular type of tape from Scotch 3M to post out parcels and seal boxes. It works a lot better than regular packing tape as it is very sticky and holds very strong. And how can you complain about the price? At can only get one, not three, of these if I were to buy it at the stationary store.

John Frieda Frizz Ease Miraculous Recovery Crème Serum 50 ml
John Frieda Frizz Ease Miraculous Recovery Crème Serum 50 ml
Offered by Kiara Hair and Beauty

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye split ends!, 7 May 2014
I didn't buy this from Amazon, instead got it from a high street drugstore as it was around 2 pounds cheaper there when on offer. I was looking around for some sort of serum that would help me 'heal' my hair. I've got relatively thin straight hair that comes down over my chest area, and I'm not one to care much for my hair. However, I noticed a terrible amount of split ends, which undoubtedly came from me blow drying my hair on the hottest setting every other night. Just for the record, I don't use hair conditioner either, as it usually leaves my scalp feeling greasy, but I do not style my hair with curlers or straighteners - blow drying is only to get it to dry faster so I can hop into bed.

Obviously my hair isn't completely 'dead', per say, but it definitely isn't healthy either, given the number of split ends. I decided to do something about it, and wanted something that could act both as a heat protectant and a healing serum at the same time. This is just the ticket really. I've used it for maybe 5 times on alternating nights when I need to blow dry my hair, and following their instructions, I squeeze a pump of the serum on the palm of my hand, rub it with the other and then I pat and 'pull' it in my hair. It isn't recommended to 'rub' it in as friction can cause more split ends so I heard, so I just apply it evenly throughout using the flat of my palms. Also, I only apply it from the middle to the end tips of my hair. Do not put this on your head! This is not the proper way of using it - it is a serum that is meant to help your split ENDS.

After application, I just proceed to blow dry my hair. Only 5 uses and I can see the change! I hold the tips of my hair in sunlight and can no longer really see split ends unless I actively search for them and even then, that takes awhile before I manage to find any. I'd recommend this strongly to anyone who has problems with split ends. Make sure you apply them only to the ends of your hair and one squeeze is sufficient, maybe one and a half if you've got a lot of hair. This is not something to apply to your entire scalp in generous gobs, as that would obviously defeat the purpose of the product. Would definitely grab this again if it went on sale!

The House of Hades (Heroes of Olympus Book 4)
The House of Hades (Heroes of Olympus Book 4)
by Rick Riordan

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick delivery, good price., 7 April 2014
Can't beat the price offered by amazon! Bought this for a happy younger sister, and the delivery was very fast. Don't know about the storyline itself, but it seems that young teenagers nowadays are into books like these. Would recommend if you're thinking of getting a book or novel series for someone between 10 to 15.

Ranger's Apprentice 12: The Royal Ranger
Ranger's Apprentice 12: The Royal Ranger
by John Flanagan

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick delivery, good price., 7 April 2014

5 Star Air Duster Can HFC Free Compressed Gas Flammable 400ml
5 Star Air Duster Can HFC Free Compressed Gas Flammable 400ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's meant to do!, 7 April 2014
Managed to snag one of these when they were ridiculously cheap under 2GBP as an amazon add-on product. It worked wonders on my laptop which was covered in nasty dust and goodness knows (I do know actually, but who needs the details) what other horrendous bits. Used this 4 times on different laptops and it blew away all the crap stuck under the keyboard. For the more hardcore grime, I'd suggest plucking out the keys and wiping down excess fluff/dirt before blasting it with some compressed air.

Can't fault it, though I think there might only be enough for maybe 1 or 2 more laptop cleaning sessions! Also make sure you shake it well, if not you'd be blowing out frosted air on your laptop.

Derby Moisturising Super Shaving Cream Normal/ Lemon/ Menthol and Lavender Gift Set
Offered by SHAVINGWORLD

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy boyfriend, 7 April 2014
I purchased this on behalf of my boyfriend because he was interested in trying them out. He's not one to give long-winded reviews, but has commented that he likes it and that it does what it's meant to do well. According to him, these will last him a number of years, so it's well-worth the money too.

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque 177 ml + 59 ml Free
Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque 177 ml + 59 ml Free
Offered by afrocosmetics4u

3.0 out of 5 stars Might not be your answer if you're looking for a blackhead-removing cleanser, 7 April 2014
My skin is not extremely sensitive, it is ever so slightly on the oily side, but I do not suffer from acne, pimples, spots or any particular skin condition. I've been told that my skin is considered 'good', so that is my only disclaimer to my review. However, ever since I've started taking my birth-control pills, I've noticed that my skin tends to produce more oil than usual. As a result, I started getting more noticeable blackheads than I previously had. Searching through amazon and looking at reviews from customers, I decided to settle on this face mask - the first face mask I've ever bought and used. There are many people who have written raving reviews that this cleared up their blackheads in an instant, and I was sold by that conviction.

Delivery was fast and the packaging was discreet as usual. I applied it after I showered and had already washed my face with my usual Clean & Clear face scrub. I dried my face off, but left it slightly moist. The masque-creme, if I can call it that, is a wonderfully vibrant shade of what I'd consider to be sea-green-ish, and is really quite thick. Application was easy and smooth, and I did not need to use very much to cover my face. I felt a lovely tingling feeling a few seconds after slathering it on, particularly around my cheek/nose area, but didn't feel the tingle anywhere else on my face; not even my eyelids. I made sure that my face was a nice shade of green before I left it on for a good 15 to 20 minutes until it had more or less dried up and then washed it off with warm water and patted my face dry with a towel.

If there were results, I wouldn't say they were immediate. However, what I can vouch for is that my face felt quite a bit smoother to the touch, and there was a relatively healthy shine to it. Some small pimples of mine which were quite red and sore-feeling had reduced swelling and didn't feel so obvious. Unfortunately, my blackheads were no less pronounced than they were before the mask and on top of that, the smell of the mask lingered. It is not a pleasant smell, and while it is slightly minty, there is something quite foul about it, like a hair-salon/beautician chemical sort of smell which I did not quite expect. I used it again the night after specifically on my nose where the blackhead problem is, and subsequently every alternate day after that, but the blackheads still remained. Perhaps mine are too serious and need more intensive treatment? But I've definitely seen worse than mine, and I've been told mine are 'mild', so I'm not too sure.

Anyway, I'd list out the pros and cons in my honest opinion as follows:

PROS:
1) Very cheap, and you're also getting extra for free. You get a really large tube and I was quite happy with it.
2) Don't need to use much each time round. The masque-creme is thick but can be easily slathered on and spread around, so use good judgment and don't squeeze out half a tube of it each time. Maybe 2 or if necessary, 3 times of 4cm long squeezes will be more than plenty to cover your face properly.
3) Pleasant tingly feeling during application
4) Refreshed face immediately after, some reduced swelling/redness of smallish pimples, clean and smooth skin to touch

CONS:
1) It smells strange. It doesn't just smell unpleasant during application, it smells pretty funky after as well. I washed my face properly with warm water, and made sure no bits were left, but the smell remained. In fact, it was so strong, the face towel I used to wipe and dry my face retained the smell too! The morning and day after I used this (used before going to bed) it still smelt funky, even after I applied scented face cream/moisturizer.
2) Doesn't remove blackheads as many people touted it to have done

I do think if you're looking for a generous amount of facial masque for a cheap price, this is the answer for you. Perhaps I'm just an anomaly seeing that there are so many other satisfied people claiming it has worked wonders for them.

Sylvanian Families Seaside Restaurant
Sylvanian Families Seaside Restaurant
Offered by jadlamracingmodels

5.0 out of 5 stars Money well-spent!, 7 April 2014
In comparison to a number of other restaurant/building sets that SF offers, I would say this is one that is well-worth your money. I manage to get this when the price was down to some 16.50GBP thereabouts, and there was free postage too. Considering this set has over 65 pieces, inclusive of cutlery, seafood-themed food, wicker-patterned furniture, stickers/cardboard pieces, and that this costs 30GBP by itself without postage from the official SF website, I'd recommend buying this for any SF enthusiast, lover or collector.

Perhaps the down-side to this, some may say, is that there are no figures included, but to me it isn't a problem, as I own many figures of my own and also find it troublesome to collect additional figures if the figure included in the set was not already a member of a SF family I own. Nevertheless, the intricacy and durability of this product lives up to the usual SF standards. Thumbs up from a happy collector!

Sylvanian Families Village Store Owners
Sylvanian Families Village Store Owners

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to any growing Sylvanian Families collection, 5 Mar 2014
I purchased this to complement my Harvey cat figurine which I got free when I purchased the Village Store. I was slightly surprised at first because I did not see spectacles on the figures, but after opening the box the spectacles are behind with the other bits of card and stickers. Also, as this comes in a pair, it would be great to use it to 'start' or 'complete' the Harvey cat family. I noticed the price had dipped below 5 quid, but rose some 30 pence before I was able to snag it. A good bargain nevertheless, as my stores will need tending to!

Hunter Unisex-Adult Adley Navy Wellington Boot W24184 7 UK
Hunter Unisex-Adult Adley Navy Wellington Boot W24184 7 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, water and snow proof, 2 Feb 2013
I had sold off my knee-high Hunters and decided to opt for a shorter version since I didn't want to look so chunky on my calves area. The additional shearling piece is not detachable, unfortunately, because it would have made the boot more versatile to be worn not just in winter.

I wore these on a trip to both Netherlands and Iceland, where it was raining all 5 days of my stay in Netherlands and Iceland was snow and ice covered for the 3 days I was there. My feet were dry throughout those trips, but to stay warm, I recommend getting a pair of thick woollen socks and to line the boot with a fleece or wool insole. The grip of the boot was perfect during rain, but I had a little problem while walking on icier snow covered paths in Iceland. However, it still managed well during my treks about. All in, for 8 days I walked a good 5 to 6 hours average per day, if not more, and there is no wear showing on the sole.

I'm a UK6.5, and opted for a UK7. While it is roomy on the sole area, it allows for me to have the added insole and thick socks for warmth. My only gripe would be that the opening of the boot is too large. I'm not a stick skinny person, rather, a moderately healthy person. I stand at 168cm and weigh about 52kg. My legs are of an average size, but there was a gaping gap between my calves and the boots. The laces are there only for show - they do nothing to tighten the boot. In fact, it is so loose that I can easily pull the boots off without having to undo the laces. However, no worries, the structure of the boot WILL keep your feet in while walking, or else I'd have returned the boot.

The boot arrived extremely quickly. Amazon so far has not failed me. The actual authentic Hunter box itself is wrapped and surrounding with brown paper and packed into a large roomy Amazon box, which I've found useful to store other items.

Page: 1 | 2