Profile for J Cattermole > Reviews

Galt Toys B Glam Fashion Designer Studio
Price: 10.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for any fashionista!, 24 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a nice little set for any little girl beginning to enjoy fashion. My 10 year old has decided she is going to be a fashion designer when she grows up so took this set very seriously!! She liked the different materials to use and the different stickers you can include in your creation - although we ended up gluing them on in the end as they peel off very easily.

The set doesn't include scissors or pens but they were easily added - also once it was used up it seemed a shame to throw everything away so we will be buying new materials so it can be used again - it provides a nice basis for budding fashion designers to use again and again - my little girl has trouble drawing girls when she tries to design clothes so this has been ideal for her.

Nice set - maybe a tad overpriced as i've seen similar things in discount stores but this is of higher quality so would make a great gift.

Galt Toys First Book
Galt Toys First Book
Price: 10.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, cheerful, interesting first book for the little ones., 24 July 2014
This review is from: Galt Toys First Book (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A nice bright, simple, fun and interesting book for babies. It is a classic - with the different textures, rustles etc. It is engaging and nice for baby to hold or chew! We have this in the car all the time so we always have something we know our little one will like on journeys.

Soft, safe, bright and cheerful for babies or young tots - best of all it is machine washable for when it gets covered in orange food!

Ambi Toys Baby's First Car
Ambi Toys Baby's First Car
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, fun and durable., 24 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely - no frills - traditional toy car like I used to play with when I was younger! These types of toys are very much in fashion at the moment with toy companies bringing back the old versions of the basic Fisher Price toys etc so this looks great as a gift for any child.

It's a pretty solid, cute little car, his eyes move as you roll him along and he has a little horn on top. He's bright, friendly and my 2 year old carts him around everywhere - he loves him! The car has survived quite a few whacks into the furniture and is still going strong and best of all..... no batteries!

Highly recommended - sometimes you don't need lights and music to entertain the little ones.

Galt Toys Robo Crew Wind Ups
Galt Toys Robo Crew Wind Ups
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value set!, 24 July 2014
This review is from: Galt Toys Robo Crew Wind Ups (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love this little set and so did my son and daughter - for just 5 this looks a great gift and kept my 2 occupied during the making process and afterwards while they played with them.

At 10 and 6 my boy and girl assembled these pretty quickly - they had fun designing them and then racing them afterwards! I'm not entirely sure on the durability of them in the long run but for the summer holidays they've certainly been winners!

I'll certainly be buying more of these for birthday party gifts - great value, easy to assemble and the children love the sense of pride knowing they've created something - highly recommended.

Galt Toys Fairy Glitter Domes
Galt Toys Fairy Glitter Domes
Price: 7.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely set -great results., 24 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely creative gift for any little girl (or for boys that like to copy their sisters!) This set contaibns everything you need to make 2 beautiful fairy glitter domes.

They can select their pictures and decorate them before inserting into the globe - we got a bit creative and after colouring in the pictures and inserting them (bit tricky - an adult might need to do this) we had a go at cutting out some photos so now we have one fairy glitter dome and a lovely photo gift dome also!!

Both my son and daughter enjoyed making these aged 10 and 6 - my little boy likes to do anything his sister does so he insisted on making one also!

Doesn't keep them occupied for too long as there is only a small surface to decorate but they were both very proud of the results and each have one displayed in their room proudly.

A good price for a nice gift with great results - recommended.

Bright Starts Safari Adventures Musical Soother
Bright Starts Safari Adventures Musical Soother
Price: 29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you could need in a soother., 21 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is fantastic and has been a life-saver with my very noisy little boy!! He finds sleep times particularly boring and we've tried numerous things to entertain him like star projectors and many other mobiles and musical numbers but he has really taken to this and it's given us some better nights sleep!!

This is a fun colourful musical safari scene with lights that you can control with the remote with is perfect so when it eventually stops you can start it up again without your child seeing you - my favourite part is the wind down feature which gradually quietens the music so that it doesn't stop suddenly and awake the child and I find this feature does calm my child down and nearly always he is lulled to sleep without needing another go at it.

Requires 4 C batteries - I havent had to replace these yet and I've been using it for about a week and they haven't run out so I'm not sure on the average battery life as of yet.

All in all a lovely, fun, relaxing and calming cot attachment for any cot as it is adjustable and perfect for any baby/young toddler struggling to go to sleep. Highly recommended.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2014 11:42 AM BST

Remington CI96W1 Silk Curling Wand
Remington CI96W1 Silk Curling Wand
Price: 25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic price and quality., 21 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Perfect curler. I curl my hair daily and have tried numerous curlers from all price ranges and for just 25 this is high end quality but at an affordable price.

The wand is ceramic so this doesn't leave your hair feeling coarse and dry - it leaves it full of bouncy curls but feeling soft and healthy. It takes around 30 seconds to heat up and you can create whatever your desired style is and they are long lasting.

I use this to curl my hair first thing in the morning and with hairspray and weather depending my curls last all day!

I highly recommend this - it is easy to use - has a swivel cord for flexibility and even comes with a glove to prevent burns.

Braun Oral-B PRO 4000 CrossAction 4-Mode Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Braun Oral-B PRO 4000 CrossAction 4-Mode Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Price: 55.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best toothbrush you could buy!, 12 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is all you could need in a toothbrush - it holds its charge well - you could more of less get a week of brushing out of this on a charge. It has 3 different heads for 3 different purposes which you can change throughout your brushing if you have the time. The pressure sensor is great and makes sure you're not damaging your gums by pressing too hard.

It makes my mouth feel the cleanest it's ever felt and my teeth feel shiny and smooth - it's good at getting close to the gums without making them bleed so it is great for people with sensitive mouths - as close as you could get to a dentist clean.

Excellent toothbrush, best you could buy.

Philips PerfectCare Azur Iron GC4910/10 - One Perfect Temperature Steam Iron, 180g Steam Boost
Price: 89.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Idiot proof ironing!!, 12 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This really is a wonder iron. No more wondering if you've got the right setting and hoping for the best this has one optimum temperature for all fabrics as it uses steam power to battle through the creases rather than the heat settings.

This has many features that make it attractive and a joy to use. First of all the best setting for me if the auto switch off - so you can even rest your iron face down on a fabric and it won't burn it, it cools down so if you get distracted by the phone or something gripping on the TV you can be rest assured you will never scorch anything ever again and now my husband has no excuse not to iron!! He'd always say he'd never understand the dial and now much to his dismay he can iron his shirt at 6am for work instead of waking me up!!

Easy to use, it is quite heavy but I think this adds to it's ability to iron so well, you can move from cotton to silk and not worry and it cuts through creases in half the time.

Highly recommended, well worth the money for hassle free ironing.

Ambi Toys  Pounding Apple
Ambi Toys Pounding Apple
Price: 15.53

3.0 out of 5 stars Traditional fun.., 12 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I like this as it's just like toys I had when I was younger -no flashing lights, no sounds, just basic fun.

It is sturdy, doesn't require batteries to go and for my little 8 month old boy he loves hitting things so he spends a fair bit of time playing with this - it is a bit repetitive though - the worms aren't spontaneous - you know which one is going to pop up next.

it's great and would withstand a lot of hitting - the apple shape and the worms are cute but I don't know how long he'll play with this before moving onto something a little bit more exciting.

A great toy if you get bored of the sounds and music from regular battery powered toys, recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20