Profile for Hi > Reviews

Content by Hi

Hi

Page: 1 | 2
Anker USB-C to USB 3.0 Cable (3.3ft) with 56k Ohm Pull-up Resistor, for USB Type-C Devices Including the new MacBook, ChromeBook Pixel, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nokia N1 Tablet, OnePlus 2 and More
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Does everything expected of it, 29 Mar. 2016
Does everything expected of it, it's on the list of cables tested by that Google engineer who's passionate about usb-c and found to actually work unlike the cheap ones. So overall a good buy if slightly expensive for what it is.

Omaker Intelligent 6.6A / 33W Premium Aluminum 3 USB Car Charger With Smart Sharing IC for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad 5 4 3 2, Air 2, mini 3,Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3 2, Tab 4 3 Pro,Nexus, HTC One,Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, External Batteries and more
Offered by CHERRY STORE

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, 29 Mar. 2016
High quality, feels sturdy. Slots into the car's charger slot solidly. Three usb ports at the top and good rate of charging for my Nexus 6p, which some cheaper chargers can't achieve. The profile is low, so I can close the armrest and still have my phone connected, which is good. I bought this after reading a good number of comparisons online (bit sad I know) and this really is the best one. Sometimes it's worth spending a bit more to get something that you know is good quality and is going to get the job done. You will need to buy a usb cable to connect the charger to your phone which adds to the cost, but it's worth it. Make sure you check the list made by the Google engineer that shows which cables actually do support usb-c, the cables made by Omaker do, it's not worth buying cheap ones.

Sons of Anarchy Men's Main Logo Short Sleeve T-Shirt, Black, Small
Sons of Anarchy Men's Main Logo Short Sleeve T-Shirt, Black, Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Jun. 2015
Fit as expected and looks good

HTC One M8 Black Leather Flip Case Cover Pouch + Touch Stylus Pen + Screen Protector & Polishing Cloth
Offered by GB Online Sales

5.0 out of 5 stars Why wouldn't you, 8 May 2015
For £2, you can't go wrong. It feels sturdy and the phone fits into it perfectly, doesn't feel like it would fall out. Seems like it would give good drop protection, the lip extends past the top of the phone so it would take an impact there and the hinge/cover at the bottom would take an impact from there. I like this type of case because the screen is protected when it's in your bag, pocket etc. I had a similar price and design of case for my last phone (probably different company) that lasted 2 years and it seems like this one would last too. So overall, you've got nothing to lose in trying out one of these before moving on to more expensive cases if you don't like it. Only thing to consider is why it's so cheap, corners of some type (environmental, labour standards etc) might have been cut somewhere in the world but the price is irresistible so I overcame my moral qualms.

Microfibers Cleaning Cloths - 5 Large Colorful Cloths Suitable for Cleaning Glasses, Spectacles, Cameras, iPad, Tablets, Phones, LCD Screens, Silverware and Other Delicate Surfaces by ECO-FUSED(8 x 8 inch / 20 x 20 cm Black, Grey, Green, Blue, Yellow)
Offered by ECO-FUSED UK

iPad Air 2 Case - The Original Black & Tan Leather Smart Cover for iPad Air 2 2014 (6th Generation)

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually is really good quality, I didn't believe it would be at ..., 8 Dec. 2014
Actually is really good quality, I didn't believe it would be at first. But it's good quality and works perfectly. Excellent value for money, no point spending £30+ on competitors.

Calvin Klein Body Modal Trunk Medium White
Calvin Klein Body Modal Trunk Medium White
Offered by Boxers-and-briefs

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice underwear, 7 Oct. 2014
Wonderfully soft and comfortable.

Sennheiser HD 558 High End Open Over-Ear Headphones with E.A.R. Technology
Sennheiser HD 558 High End Open Over-Ear Headphones with E.A.R. Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing headphones, 11 Mar. 2013
Having these headphones for a while now, I must say they are amazing. Excellent sound quality, very comfortable. I previously had hd215s which have lasted for over 4 years of rough treatment and are still going strong. So I decided to upgrade to the next level and went for Sennheisers again because of the excellent performance of the previous. The only problem I had with the 215s was that they pressed against my ears and caused some pain if I wore them for over an hour. I went for the 558s because they are borderline audiophile headphones and they were also reputed to be very comfortable. No part of the earcup touches the ears, unlike the competing Grado headphones which certainly have excellent sound but which squeeze right against your ears and I imagine would get very uncomfortable very quickly.

When I first tried my new hd558s I was not wowed. The sound quality was certainly very good but not great. However I have found that after a burn in period they have certainly improved. But the most important factor has been to connect them to my hifi rather than to my laptop. I was at first sceptical that this would make any difference at all since the sound is still originating from my laptop - why would putting a hifi in the middle have any effect? Trust me, it does. The bass has now become much punchier, all sounds are clearer, and overall the sound these headphones produce has gone from 'pretty good' to 'amazing'. So that is my conclusion - these are amazing, extremely comfortable headphones, but you do need to use an amplifier to get the best out of them. If you are wondering about buying them - just go for it, you won't be disappointed.

Sennheiser HD215 Closed Back Headphone
Sennheiser HD215 Closed Back Headphone

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 Sept. 2012
I bought these head phones as 'computer headphones' in February 2008 and they are still working completely perfectly and, beyond some wear on the leather, look pretty much the same as when I bought them. I was reluctant to spend as much as I did on a set of headphones (£30 or a bit more in 2008) but they have been much much much more than worth it to spend the little bit extra on when you consider that ear buds or cheap headphones would have undoubtedly broken or got lost by now and been replaced multiple times (once or twice a year, £10 a time?). I have been by no means gentle with these and regularly drop them, go travelling with them, lend them to friends etc. but they remain perfect.

When I bought them the sound quality was great for someone who had never had anything beyond computer speakers or sub £10 headphones at the time, but even now that I have floor speakers and a pricey amplifier these are by no means puny by comparison, especially given the price. The sound at all ranges is excellent and very 'clear' and you can pick up details in the music you might have missed before (see other reviews for audiophile verdicts). The only negative for these headphones is that after an hour or two they can get a bit hot and uncomfortable.

If I had to choose one word to describe these headphones it would be 'solid'. You probably won't need another pair for a good few years and you will be more than happy with the sound quality. Based on their performance any headphones I buy in future will no doubt be Sennheisers. Buy them you won't be disappointed I promise you!

One For All URC8305 Kameleon Remote Control 5 in 1
One For All URC8305 Kameleon Remote Control 5 in 1

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, 27 Nov. 2010
Note this is not a touch screen in the sense that an iphone is a touch screen. This is more of a 'clicker' touch screen where you depress the front and the buttons are displayed behind. Probably makes it sturdier but still not something I realised. The product does what it is designed to do well and had no problems learning my TV's commands and when I programmed individual buttons in. The range is good, and it is easy to switch between devices and to teach it new commands, and to add in chain commands. The only complaint I might have is that the product is quite big and heavy when compared to a normal remote.

Page: 1 | 2