Profile for gc8787 > Reviews

Content by gc8787

gc8787

Page: 1 | 2
ORB Wireless Sensor Bar - Black (Nintendo Wii/Wii U)
ORB Wireless Sensor Bar - Black (Nintendo Wii/Wii U)
Offered by Fuzion

5.0 out of 5 stars So simple!, 11 April 2014
This couldn't be easier to use, you simply put in the batteries and switch it on! There's no need to sync it to the console or anything! You just have to remember to switch it off once you've finished with it. My kids have been using this for around 2 weeks now; they've had a good few hours use out of it and we haven't needed to change the batteries yet.

LeapFrog Explorer Game: Disney Doc McStuffins (for LeapPad and LeapsterGS)
LeapFrog Explorer Game: Disney Doc McStuffins (for LeapPad and LeapsterGS)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best in our collection so far, 6 Nov 2013
I have bought this for my daughters Christmas present but have opened it to give it a try.

The graphics seem pretty good quality (for a leapster game) and the game is set mainly inside the docs clinic. It seems very interactive and relatable to the tv show. The mini games are a bit repetitive but fine for the target age group.

over all I'm very happy with this game and pretty certain my daughter will love it!

Doc McStuffins: Friendship is the Best Medicine [DVD]
Doc McStuffins: Friendship is the Best Medicine [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great length compared to other childrens dvds, 11 Oct 2013
I'm really happy with this DVD its a great length and includes a good variety of episodes. I bought it because we don't have the Disney channel and I'm fed up of watching the same old shows on cbeebies so my kids have never seen this show before. They both (2yrs and 4yrs) really enjoyed it and watched a good chunk without getting bored and wondering off. I think we've found a hit!

LeapFrog Explorer Game: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic (for LeapPad and Leapster)

4.0 out of 5 stars better for slightly older children, 11 Oct 2013
My Daughter got this game along with the Leapster GS for her 5th birthday. She has only really played simple games on my phone and pc before having this but shes had no problems picking up how to play. The graphics and characters are colourful and exciting to a small child. The maths puzzles (particularly the ones focused on probability) however are, I feel, slightly too old for her at the moment and would be more appropriate for a 6/7 year old. I realise this will allow her to learn new skills when we work through them together but it does become frustrating for her when she can't play the game without help.

I like this game and would recommend it to others however, unless your child is particularly good at maths, I would suggest buying it for a child 6+ years old.

LeapFrog Explorer Game: Dora the Explorer Dora's Worldwide Rescue
LeapFrog Explorer Game: Dora the Explorer Dora's Worldwide Rescue

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for any Dora fan!, 11 Oct 2013
My Daughter got this game along with the Leapster GS for her 5th birthday. She has only really played simple games on my phone and pc before having this but shes had no problems picking up how to play and has needed very little help from me.

The game plays like an interactive version of the tv show which is great! I don't think its too short for the age group its aimed at and it seems to have a lot of replay value for them. I'd say this is a great starter game as an introduction to games consoles that is both fun and educational!

LEGO Bricks & More 628: X-Large Grey Baseplate
LEGO Bricks & More 628: X-Large Grey Baseplate
Offered by Gameline GmbH.

4.0 out of 5 stars best value I could find!, 11 Oct 2013
I'd been looking for a large lego board and this was the cheapest I could find.

My daughter has built a little scene on it using her lego friends sets and, while it does work perfectly well for this, moving the scene is difficult as the board is so flimsy and bits tend to ping off! I'm still happy I bought it and would recommend it to others as the alternatives are cheap lego copies that are more expensive!

Trunki Pencil Case (Blue)
Trunki Pencil Case (Blue)

2.0 out of 5 stars nothing like the picture!, 11 Oct 2013
I bought this for my 2 year old to keep his colouring pencils in so he could have a pencil case 'just like his big sisters'.

It does fit his pencils, but only just, and they are shorter than usual! The picture suggests that it has a hard/sturdy case however its actually soft and flimsy and not at all what I was expecting!

This gets used because its there but I definitely wouldn't have bought it if I had seen it first!

Disney Princess Colour Change Brush Rapunzel
Disney Princess Colour Change Brush Rapunzel
Offered by PANGADGETS UK

4.0 out of 5 stars I keep the brush in the freezer!, 11 Oct 2013
I was unsure about buying this for my daughters 5th birthday but as she asked for it over and over I gave in.

To be honest, after reading the reviews on here, I was expecting it to be far worse than it is! Sure its not worth £20 but the hair does change colour with ICY water and my daughter is delighted with it! She loves carrying it to school on chilly mornings as the hair stays pink!

As I knew it wouldn't work well with cold water alone, immediately after unwrapping the brush my daughter and I filled it with water and popped it in the freezer drawer for 5 mins. Even wafting the dolls hair in the cold air in front of the freezer is enough to make it change colour. We now keep the brush in the freezer so it is always cold when needed :)

LeapFrog LeapsterGS Explorer Fashion Handbag (Green)
LeapFrog LeapsterGS Explorer Fashion Handbag (Green)

5.0 out of 5 stars So Cute!, 11 Oct 2013
I bought this to go with the GS my daughter got for her 5th birthday. She loves it!

The bag holds 6 cartridges and the console perfectly but won't fit the charger in as well. Its really padded inside and wipe clean on the outside. I would definitely recommend this!

Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD]
Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars You've got to stick to it!, 11 Oct 2013
I love this DVD!

Yes its repetitive and yes it gets annoying BUT if you stick to the plan the exercises do work and that's what I look for in an exercise DVD!!

Page: 1 | 2