Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (doncaster, s.yorks United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Come Of Age [Deluxe]
Come Of Age [Deluxe]
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars Sell everything you need to, to buy this!, 19 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Come Of Age [Deluxe] (Audio CD)
For the first album I made comparisons. The Vaccines are like XYZ. Now The Vaccines are Just the Vaccines. I think in 10 or even 20 years time, people will be saying "I think they might have been influenced by The Vaccines". I could compare the lyrics but I wont they are brilliant and original. I could compare the sound..They seem to have found a sound no one has had before. Its almost like friends who formed a band became lovers and gave birth to a child of Genius. Enjoy!

320GB 2,5" WD Scorpio WD3200BEVT SATA 5400rpm 8MB
320GB 2,5" WD Scorpio WD3200BEVT SATA 5400rpm 8MB
Offered by TeknoBits Ltd.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wouldnt buy another. Didnt last long!, 20 Jan. 2012
I bought The WD 3200BEVT just over a year ago as a PS3 Upgrade. At first I was Impressed. The seek times were good and the drive was working well with plenty of extra space. Recently though Every time I tuned on the PS3 I got a message that the PS3 was not turned off correctly and that the Drive must be checked. I thought this was odd as I never turned off the PS3 with the power switch I always used the option on the controller? Well yesterday the PS3 stopped recognising the drive altogether. The PS3 had been switched off properly (again) and hadnt been dropped, or moved while the power was turned on.

After doing a google search for WD3200BEVT one of the top results was "WD3200BEVT problems". I thought this was ominous. It turns out there are a good number of results for this. All the results I read had the same symptoms as I have. I have even tried the drive in a SATA caddy in our desktop PC and the results are the same as I found In google.

The last thing I did on the PS3 was Install some data for a game I rented from love film. I wouldnt say the PS3 gets overly heavy use either. It does get some gaming action but not every day and not all day. I also use it to watch streaming Movies as we have Love Film but even so one movie an night a few nights a week isnt heavy use compared to what our Xbox360 gets (A certain person in our Family is a COD addict...lol).

This seems to be a recuring fault lately. Ive got smaller drives in my desktop that are years old and still going but ive had Large drives (greater than 120gb) that dont seem to last 5 minutes. Im not sure if this is down to size or manufacturer since I dont think all the failures have been WD. For my next drive im gonna try a Samsung since everything we own thats made by Samsung seems very reliable. I just hope their drives are the same! Having to replace a HDD at about 80 quid a year is a big expense!!!!

ULTIMATEADDONS Swivel Air Vent Car Kit Mount for Samsung Galaxy S + Car charger with 2 metre Long straight cable

4.0 out of 5 stars A good, well made Item, 9 Jan. 2012
The Item Is well made and tough. Will withstand a good number of uses without snapping when you take the phone out (like some do).
The USB cable is a bit long. Maybe there should be an option on this? 2M from the cigarette lighter to the air vent? Maybe this depends on your car. Personally I used the 1 meter cable that came with the phone otherwise anyone in the passenger side would get tangled up in the cable

Only problem is that in our MK4 Golf the vents move so they flop to the bottom when this is fitted. This is not a major issue as we just adjust the balljoint to angle the phone. Also the Gaps in these vents are very tight. Once this Is fitted Its almost Impossible to remove. Good for the seller though as Im thinking of buying another to use in another car.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3)
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3)
Offered by GAMES CONSOLES BARGAIN

3.0 out of 5 stars Another Letdown!, 14 Nov. 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I heard recently that an online reviewer gave this 4/10 and there was a public outcry. Frankly I wouldnt give it much more. The whole thing is just the same old, same old. I think the problem is that Uncharted 2 set such a high standard that its very difficult to Improve on or even equal.
Uncharted 3 just gives me the feeling that im stuck in a tunnel. The game play is that linear. Keep moving in one direction and fight off wave after wave of enemy. Thats really how it works. You Trigger the enemy in one area. Kill them all then run around collecting all the ammo. Move to the next area, repeat!
Theres very little Imagination to the story. Where are the Mythical creatures and suspence of uncharted 2? Where are the surprises and "make you jump" moments? As for the supposed puzzles, well a six year old could solve them. The game has a 15 rating couldnt they beef up the Intelligence factor a bit? Why did it get a 15 rating? Because there are some swear words! Thats it! Even when the puzzle may be a bit taxing the game narative goes and spoils it by giving you the answer. I just got a feeling I was been "nannied" through the whole thing. How do they make the game harder? well by reverse view "escape" levels. Basicly you have to control the character while hes running towards you. So really you cannot see where you are going. Very annoying!!
Maybe its another Victim of online Syndrome. As more is put into making a multiplayer mode the story mode suffers. Soon there wont be any "story" games! Every game will just be about running around shooting other people online and thats a shame!
I read the other day that Game Piracy is on the Increase. Well when Ive paid nearly £40 for this I can understand why.
Worth a play but wait till the price is below £20. I paid full pre-order price and feel a bit ripped off!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 16, 2011 9:54 PM GMT

Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by Clickforgamesltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Single Player Campaign, 29 Oct. 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This is a review for Single player Campaign only.
I have to say im feeling a little bit let down with BF3. I really liked bad company and found the single player campaign immersive and fun. Plus it lasted (me at least) more than an afternoon. I dont always want to play in the online arena's, sometimes I want to chill out into some alone time. The problem has come that battlefield 3 has fallen into Step with Call of Duty and given us an almost half hearted single player campaign. The whole thing doesnt feel well thought through or in places even finished.
One of my first gripes is muzzle flash. In the daylight levels it seems apparent when it should be ie when the weapons are not supressed. In the night time levels though its completely missing as far as I can see. This is a realism issue for me. When its hard to see anyway, an indicator like a muzzle flash is vital for targeting.
My second gripe is the AI. Now im not saying I want clowns for AI but they seem to be clairvoyant. This is the scene. Im keeping in cover in the dark and im a fair distance from the enemy. Im belly crawling as to keep low and make no noise. I break cover by just a little bit and every bot instantly "sees" me and opens fire. Before anyone asks i didnt have the flashlight turned on. Its not just that, half the time they dont even need to see you. There is a level where you are with 2 other men. I left them in a fire fight and decided to flank the bots. There is a doorway with some boxes on the outside. So I figure, cant hear (there is a firefight afterall) and cant see (hidden behind boxes). Im just thinking how funny it would be to flip a grenade over the boxes when bullets start tearing through the boxes and im Dead. If thats not Clairvoyant AI I dont know what is.
Given the above factors and the fact that a good deal of the game takes place in "darkness" levels the AI clairvoyance spoils any sort of stealth aspect you might be able to employ.
Now back to the flashlight half the time it doesnt seem to work properly. Late in the game it tells you to push up to toggle flashlight on and off. It turned on and off once then stuck off.
The other annoying thing is the seeming hit area of the AI. I was on a level with a 50cal sniper rifle. I can see a bot "hiding" behind a tree. He wasnt making a very good job of it since most of his arm and shoulder was stuck out. Im scoped in and firing shot after shot at "him" and not one shot hits. It seems the same when the bots are not in cover. Im not saying Im the best shot but when they are dead in the scope and you keep firing and nothing happens its a little annoying for a FPS.
There are other flaws too. You can sometimes take a differnt path and you dont seem to trigger the AI into action mode. They will stand there like lemons and let you walk right up and shoot em in the face if you like.
Your weapon will loose sound during firefights and there seems to be lags or gliches where the game hangs for a moment (during reload animations i found it most). Im now off to see if the online mode is anygood. It was legendary in Bad Company I hope they havent made a mess of that as well!!!!!!!!

What Did You Expect From The Vaccines?
What Did You Expect From The Vaccines?
Offered by hifi-media-store

5.0 out of 5 stars Did it just a bit better!, 5 Jun. 2011
Albums like this come along every day....you pick out the influences. Compare them to the sex pistols, the Stone Roses, The Smiths, The Cure and the Clash...its generations of music...BUT... The Thing I find with the Vaccines is I can see the influences but they just dont compare to them. They took everything and did it better. It will be all over your life in a years time...Slightly Immature on the first album which is great...too many bands go on to make a mature second album and it dies....Stroke the naughty but intelligent puppy!

Call of Duty: Black Ops (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Black Ops (Xbox 360)
Offered by Turbotrance

4.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Expected., 13 Nov. 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Lots has Been Said About Infinity Ward VS Treyarch. Well to be honest I loved COD4 and really didnt see the problem with WAW. Some of the younger gamers complained that they wernt bothered about WW2 with its rubbish guns. Since Im quite a bit older I grew up watching WW2 movies and really liked the feel of WAW. The problems for me came with MW2. Again the story was too short and well lets say run of the mill for a game of this type. Online there was so much hulabaloo over ballanced maps I found it virtually unplayable. I just got so bored. No matter where you were on the map you had to look out in 4 directions. The other thing was the maps seemed almost round. I once commented that we may as well remove all the scenery and fight on a cricket pitch and the best shot will still win every time. With Black Ops i think the online maps are much better. You can use some sort of tactics though there are not really that many "Camper" spots. So unlike MW2 the game isnt just running around shooting the enemy (something that really should have evolved out by now. If thats your thing Im sure theres still a Doom server somewhere). Though the online Mission is still short its original. Well WW2 has been kicked soft through the COD series and Modern Warfare has been done twice now. I thought the Cold War plot was kinda original. One thing that I was disappointed about was the missing campaign Co-Op. This was one of the best features of WAW. It was less intense playing with M8's against AI and made a nice change from Online Vs play. Shame they didnt bring it back.....(hoping for an update Id pay to add it on!!!).. All in all better online than MW2 and its close to COD4 so that makes it pretty special, original game modes might give it the edge. Good offline but again too short though an original way of telling the story.

Swing Like a Pro: The Breakthrough Scientific Method of Perfecting Your Golf Swing
by Ralph Mann

5.0 out of 5 stars Science is the answer, 31 Oct. 2010
I gotta give this book 5 stars....I played golf pretty well when I was younger...I took it up again and couldnt hit a thing staight...the first chapter of this book is about grip and for me how to judge the size of the grip....I bought clubs with regular grips.....got blisters and shot balls all over...I just couldnt hold the clubs right no matter how hard I tried to make a proper grip....Then there was the first chapter in how to judge a grip size....I went on e-bay bought a mid size and jumbo grip tried em for feel and liked the jumbo. Had the jumbo's fitted to my woods for starters and tried em at the range...70% improvement...most of that in confidence! I dont feel the club is turning and I dont have to hold it like im gonna LOOSE it in the follow through...secondly I was tought as a youngster not to get my right hand too invloved....this book destroys that theory...its not your right hand its your whole right side you need to get involved...dropping my right elbow was a revalation...gave me in to out swing...I could go on about how to swing right....Ive only been playing again a month and already im better than I was at 16...oh im 6'2 and have pretty large "piano players" hands...long fingers

Lungs
Lungs
Offered by Leisurezone

5.0 out of 5 stars Breath Taking, 23 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Lungs (Audio CD)
I wasnt sure Id like this album since I pictured Florence as a Choir singer. I kept hearing the songs on the radio though and kept hearing rave reviews from some most unlikey sources for the musical style. She has the finest voice ive heard for sometime and the composition is catchy and upbeat. Its an album that just keeps growing on you every time you hear it. I Loved it the first time I heard it. Now I have an almost addictive compulsion to play this album as often as possible. The original is in the CD player. There is a copy in my car and ive ripped it to my phone. Its still not boring after these weeks! Whats more ,everyone that hears it comments on it in a positive way. Its rare my freinds and I agree totally that an album is AMAZING.

Kings & Queens
Kings & Queens

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING!!!!, 14 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Kings & Queens (Audio CD)
This was delivered by the postman this morning and I half expected a second album that doesnt quite live up. That seems to be the norm these days?. Not only is this album better than the first, it takes the first album, throws it off a motorway bridge and laffs as it gets run over by large trucks! This is better than most albums Ive heard for the last 10 years. Very very talented! Amazingly intelligent! Pokes a finger in the eye of political correctness sometimes with a slightly edgey tang. Other times its very tounge in cheek. A refreshing take on modern life with outstanding composition. I could bang on about this album all day but I wont. All I say is buy it! Buy your freinds it! Buy it and give it to people in the street! OUTSTANDING!!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3