Profile for P. Evans > Reviews

Content by P. Evans

P. Evans

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Anker® 8200 DPI High Precision Programmable Laser Gaming Mouse for PC, 9 Programmable Buttons, Weight Tuning Cartridges, Omron Micro
Offered by AnkerDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mouse and extremely good value for money, 27 Feb. 2015
I bought this as the left-click button on my five year old Logitech Gaming mouse started to malfunction. I don't actually play games but, as a photographer, writer, and a WYSIWIG website software user, I need programmable buttons on my mouse for Cut, Copy and Paste.

This Anker 8200 DPI High Precision Programmable mouse has over twice as many buttons on it as did the Logitech and, although I use only three of them, it's much more convenient to have a choice. For example, my 'Copy' button on the Logitech was a the scroll wheel but, because I was worried about possible wear on the wheel, I've used the button immediately in front of the scroll wheel on the Anker mouse instead.

The Anker mouse seems to have a different material on its feet, compared to the Logitech, and it doesn't seem to pick up crud from the mouse mat like the Logitech one did; it glides nicely. I had to use all the supplied weights to give the same feel I'd grown use to with the Logitech (which wasn't fully weighted), but that doesn't matter to me, I wouldn't want it any heavier.

I've held back from rating it 5 stars for two reasons:

I use dual monitors and when I fire up the Anker software it sits half on one monitor and half on the other so I have to drag it across each time I use it. Of course, now that the mouse is set up as I want it, I don't use the software often, nevertheless it was very annoying at the time and, as no other software I own does this, it seems a bit sloppy and amateurish for it not to appear in the centre of the main monitor (or the last monitor it was used on, which would be even better).

Secondly, whilst it's possible to alter the colour of the Anker logo (or turn the light off), this doesn't apply to the DPI lights to the left of the scroll wheel; these are constantly blue. As I have red illumination on my keyboard, it would have been nice to have changed the the DPI lights to red as well.

But those are minor points; overall this Anker 8200 DPI High Precision Programmable mouse is excellent and it's much, much better value than my old Logitech one, which cost me almost twice as much.

Suunto Observer Sr Strap
Suunto Observer Sr Strap

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, but it's Hobson's choice, 27 Dec. 2014
Suuonto must make a fortune on replacement straps. I've had two stainless steel and two polymer in ten years; the quality is very poor and I'm lucky not to have lost the watch itself. The trouble is I can't find replacements anywhere else but from Suunto.

BLACK+DECKER 18V Lithium Ion Pole Hedge Trimmer
BLACK+DECKER 18V Lithium Ion Pole Hedge Trimmer
Offered by Big Red Toolbox

3.0 out of 5 stars It's quite heavy and unwieldy but great for cutting the top of my 2 metre high hedge., 18 Sept. 2014
I have an equally heavy and unwieldy trimmer that runs from a 12v car battery and is much better for the hedge sides. However, for the top of the hedge, this is great.

It would be much better if the handle were telescopic.

Battery life is about 40 minutes so with a 3 hour charge, a second battery is a must if you have a lot of hedge to trim.

Universal DISHWASHER Cutlery BASKET Fits HOTPOINT BOSCH SIEMANS
Universal DISHWASHER Cutlery BASKET Fits HOTPOINT BOSCH SIEMANS
Offered by EzeeFix - Spares

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit all Hotpoint machines without some modification, 18 Sept. 2014
The basket is too wide to fit in between the upright plate racks of our Hotpoint machine (which is a full 12 service machine). However, by un-clipping one end of one plate rack upright, I was able to make it fit.

Lexar 32GB Class 10 High Speed Micro SDHC Memory Card without Adapter
Lexar 32GB Class 10 High Speed Micro SDHC Memory Card without Adapter

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for high quality video on a GoPro, 27 May 2014
Unofrtunately, the 'High Speed' description is not 'high speed' enough to capture high quality video on a GoPro. My mistake

Top Elecs Smallest Portable GSM Tracker Mini A8 GSM/GPRS Global Locator For Car Real-Time

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT GPS!!!!, 17 April 2014
Despite the claimed specifications and description, this is NOT a GPS unit. It works from SIM card location and is therefpore accurate to kilometres, not metres. A complete waste of money. I filed a claim and got a refund in 24 hours without even having to return the unit. That was good because it was a shorter journey to my dustbin than to my nearest post office.

Logitech 2.4 inch Harmony Touch Universal Remote Control for Home Entertainment System
Offered by SE DEALS

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 21 July 2013
I had a Harmony One which was great until it got destroyed by water following a burst pipe in the ceiling above. After the insurance payout I thought the Harmony Touch would be a good replacement. It wasn't.

It's not intuitive like the One, it's awkward to use, unlike the One, and it doesn't light up when you pick it up, as does the One.

In short, I now wish that I'd replaced my broken One with another One

Straw paper cowboy hat with neck cord and shapeable brim. Black
Straw paper cowboy hat with neck cord and shapeable brim. Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great and fits perfectly. Excellent value., 11 May 2013
I've never been a hat wearer but recent minor skin cancer problems have meant that I have to keep my face out of the sun here in southwest France so a hat has become essential. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that the hat is a comfortable fit and the elasticated headband means it stays put in the wind. An if the wind is really strong, there's a drawstring to put under your chin (or the back of your head.

My wife loves the dark grey colour and says it suits me much more than the light brown straw one I bought from the same company.

The only issue I had was that the packaging was a bit flimsy and the hat was slightly crushed when it arrived. As the hat is actually made of paper, the minor damage that caused is permanently visible.

Straw cowboy hat natural with wooden band summer sun
Straw cowboy hat natural with wooden band summer sun

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and great design, 11 May 2013
I've never been a hat wearer but recent minor skin cancer problems have meant that I have to keep my face out of the sun here in southwest France so a hat has become essential. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that the hat is a comfortable fit and the elasticated headband means it stays put in the wind. The only issue I had was that the packaging was a bit flimsy and the hat was slightly crushed when it arrived.

Rokono® BASS+ Mini Speaker for iPhone / iPad / iPod / MP3 Player / Laptop - Black
Offered by Gadget Hunter

4.0 out of 5 stars It's not Hi-Fi, but what do you expect for the price?, 30 April 2013
I'm amazed at some of the negative reviews and comments this item has engendered. It costs just a few pounds for goodness sake so get real - it is not going to give you Bose or B&O quality sound!

I wanted it simply to amplify the music from my smartphone whilst I was in the bathroom - and that's exactly what it does. I didn't expect a super bass response as that's physically impossible from a product like this.

It's very small and very convenient is supplied with a combined USB charging/speaker extension cable; it even comes with a little drawstring bag to keep it in when not in use. It's also safe to use in a bathroom environment. Perfect for the purpose I bought it for.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10