Profile for Mimi Barbour - New York Times & USA Today Best-selling Author > Reviews

Content by Mimi Barbour -...

Mimi Barbour - New York Times & USA Today Best-selling Author "Mimi Barbour" (Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
A HEAVENLY CHRISTMAS (Heavenly Christmas series Book 1)
A HEAVENLY CHRISTMAS (Heavenly Christmas series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars The door to Heaven was open..., 14 Jan. 2016
A Heavenly Christmas was written by one of my favorite authors, Patrice Wilton. It’s lovely story that takes place in a small fictional town called Heaven, Pennsylvania. This is where the hero lives and owns a restaurant. When the widow, Jennie Braxton is on her way home for the holidays she’s involved in a car crash, an accident that’s his fault. From the time he rescues her, he’s smitten with the lovely mother of two and for me, it was a delightful read to watch them find each other and have their happy ever after ending.

An Android's Smile
An Android's Smile

5.0 out of 5 stars Debut book - 5 stars!!, 4 Jan. 2016
What a surprise this book was! Wanting to support a young man who’d created incredible covers for the Brides collections I was involved with in the past, when his debut book came out, I bought my copy asap. But… once I started reading it, I forgot all about everything else. His story about the android robot Galatea 1.1 kept me enthralled. It was well written from the first page and I thoroughly enjoyed lines like: “Jagged bolts of power ripped through the city, striking tall metal rods placed to gather the forces of nature and convert them to energy.” And: “Humans often didn’t say what they really thought to preserve the feelings of others.” Mr. Walter’s talented manner of writing had the story flowing so professionally that at no time was I tempted to stop. In fact, I read the book in one sitting and if I had any complaint whatsoever, it was …..aww darn it’s over.

CHRISTMAS HOME (Off World Series, Book 5): A Fantasy & Futuristic Romance Short Story

5.0 out of 5 stars Short - but really good!, 9 Dec. 2014
Faith Callahan had applied to be a bride on a planet far from her home and began to regret her decision when her new husband turned out to be a moody man who all but ignored her. Deciding to give him a special treat for Christmas, she sneaks into their shed where she works every spare minute she can. Cash sees her and he finally breaks down and goes after her, searching for answers. The ones he gets brings them both more happiness than they ever expected. In this short novel, Ms. York writes a story that is a wonderful way to spend an hour and be entertained by a pro.

Italian Christmas Baby (Sweet Italian Christmas Book 2)
Italian Christmas Baby (Sweet Italian Christmas Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Short but sweet!, 9 Dec. 2014
This is a sweet romance, typical of Ms. Taylor’s style – which I happen to really like. Her books always draw me in and I love her wonderful stories. The Italian’s Christmas Baby was a typically good read. When Emily Trevathan decided she needed to share the news of her approaching childbirth with the father of her baby, she steeled herself against letting him get too close. After all, he’d broken her heart nine months earlier when he’d walked out on her after their three-week fling. Only now he seemed to want much more than to be a parent to their baby boy, he wanted her. And she just wasn’t willing to let him break her heart a second time.

No Perfect Secret
No Perfect Secret

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book, 7 Dec. 2014
This review is from: No Perfect Secret (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book. Jackie Weger has a way of writing so vividly that I had trouble putting the book down and when I did, I couldn't wait to get back to the story. Anna Nesmith was in a load of trouble, married to a man who turned out to be everything one detests in a male. No wonder when State Department Frank Caburn comes into her life to tell her the truth about her husband she thought she knew and loved, she has trouble opening the door once again to her heart.

Pimples and Periods (When We Were Kids, Book 3)
Pimples and Periods (When We Were Kids, Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth reading!, 8 Oct. 2014
I just finished Pimples and Periods and was sorry to reach the ending. Ms. Barnett’s stories are such a wonderfully nostalgic experience for me and I’m sure - many others. Betty Lou and Danny could have been me and my brother going through the same growing pains of zits, cramps and jerks who liked to bully anyone weaker. No matter when you lived your teenage years, today or years ago, there’s a message here that can’t be ignored. Teens have to know that they aren’t alone; suffering through these traumatic times. This book is well-written and created to include so much of a teens life that anyone who has a young teen in their family can gift this book and know there’s a lesson for them that’s well worth learning.

Love Poison
Love Poison

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a good book!, 27 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Love Poison (Kindle Edition)
Love Poison is a fun read that takes some crazy twists – probably why I liked it so much. Not only was it well written, but the heroine, Amber, had a real mystery to solve. Both her and her boss, Mark, lost their jobs and it was all over the powerful reactions felt when inhaling fumes from a special fungus which Amber accidently took home from the lab where she worked. Now all they needed to prove was that the properties of this particular mushroom really did have the power to drive any man breathing its fumes into a state of sheer sexual abandonment.

All For Love
All For Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable - from beginning to end!!, 27 Sept. 2014
This review is from: All For Love (Kindle Edition)
I must tell you that I fell in love with Lorelei Webster from the very first page of this delightful story. What a feisty, strong-minded woman! She couldn’t stand to see her friends, or the children in her care, mistreated. Even took a beating to save an old workhorse. And in the old west where men thought they were allowed to do whatever they wanted with their women and children, this schoolmarm had a battle on her hands. Then we meet up with Doctor Seth Taylor. Ms.Wells wonderful descriptive writing helped me visualise this charming fellow and I fell for him too. Now these two people were made for each other, no doubt about it. Only problem is, his past stood in their way. And when she needed his support, he let her down – or did he? You must read it for yourself. And I can’t begin to tell you how enjoyable you will find the story from beginning to the end.

You're in Good Hands with Al Tate
You're in Good Hands with Al Tate

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun read and not to be missed!, 19 Sept. 2014
The two main characters in this book, Al and Susan, quickly became favorites for me as I got to know them better. They made me laugh, cry, sigh and then laugh again. Ms. Gafford has a unique style of wit that draws you into the lives of these unusual people and you won't be disappointed. Sexy Susan needs a good man and Al fits her needs – so what if his repair skills aren’t quite up to par, there were more important desires that he could satisfy. Two mismatched individuals who both want something different and yet need the same things. Each other!! A fun read and not to be missed.

Finding Home
Finding Home

5.0 out of 5 stars My newest favorite author!!, 8 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Finding Home (Kindle Edition)
I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed this book. Ms.Weger's writing is superb and stays true to the characters in the story. Those people grabbed me from the first page and their outrageous exploits kept me laughing to the end. Phoebe Hawley is a girl who makes the best of everything, but not in a way that's usual. She's from the south and has her own way of looking at the world. Everything can be turned to her advantage and she proves that over and over again. Rather than her and her siblings being homeless, out-of-work and broke, she moves into Gage Morgan home and takes over his life. Her plans start to go awry when she realizes her lies are building up and her whole make-believe world will tumble down around her if she's not careful.
Some favorite lines *She seldom allowed herself to feel down-spirited for long. If it got to be a habit, that's where a body stayed. Down. But she couldn't seem to pull herself up.* And... *She fed him from a tray and left him lying on his stomach, arms and legs stretched out, like an unpapered kite.
Give yourself a treat! If you have a sense of humor and a vivid imagination, I know you'll lose yourself in pure enjoyment in the same way it worked for me. I was just sorry when I came to the end. Off to buy the next book by Jackie.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20