Profile for Mrs. J. S. Godfrey > Reviews

Content by Mrs. J. S. Godfrey

Mrs. J. S. Godfrey "Bookworm" (Wales, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Dead Simple (Roy Grace Book 1)
Dead Simple (Roy Grace Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a lot thrown in, 2 Nov 2014
You can not be bored with this book. With all it's twists and turns, it will take you on a mad rollercoaster of plots, which make it impossible to put down.

Daisy Miller
Daisy Miller

4.0 out of 5 stars Something and Nothing, 25 Oct 2014
This review is from: Daisy Miller (Kindle Edition)
This short book seemed ever so long. It dragged on and was not particularly interesting. In fact it was disappointing. If all Henry James Miller's books are like this, I shan't bother reading them!

Calum's Road
Calum's Road

5.0 out of 5 stars Admirable feat of engineering, 25 Oct 2014
This review is from: Calum's Road (Kindle Edition)
An amazing portrait of ingenuity, motivation and stamina against all odds. I particularly like the historical tales of life on the island. There are some repetitions which makes the book, at times, seem never-ending. You would need stamina to read it through to the end.

Wallander's First Case (Kindle Single)
Wallander's First Case (Kindle Single)

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read, 8 Oct 2014
I found this book easy to get into. I got a bit fed up towards the end and was glad to finish it. I don't think that I will read another book by this author.

Guardian & Observer daily edition
Guardian & Observer daily edition

5.0 out of 5 stars A Friend In My Bag, 8 Oct 2014
I have only tried out this Daily Guardian for the past 2 days on my Kindle Fire,. I am amazed by the convenience of dipping into it whenever and wherever I am. I particularly like the crosswords - where's the Suddoko? I download before I leave the house, just in case I can't get a signal.

Island Wife: living on the edge of the wild
Island Wife: living on the edge of the wild

5.0 out of 5 stars A story of a wild family coping with the wild, 27 Sep 2014
A true story, that is well worth reading, of a journey through life and it's many ups and downs. It kind of echoes what many have to cope with plus many set-backs. It was comforting to realise that we are not the only wild ones in this world!

A Voyage to St. Kilda [Illustrated]
A Voyage to St. Kilda [Illustrated]

5.0 out of 5 stars An Insight Into A Lost World, 8 Sep 2014
An extremely interesting account of life on this now extinct island. A life of toil and order with actual photographs of the time.

Candy Crush Saga
Candy Crush Saga

1.0 out of 5 stars Finally succumbed to try it after pressure from everyone - yuck- confirmed why I hate computer games!, 30 Aug 2014
This review is from: Candy Crush Saga (App)
Hated everything about it & now deleted.

Tales of the City Episode 1: Taking the Plunge
Tales of the City Episode 1: Taking the Plunge

3.0 out of 5 stars Bland, 4 Mar 2014
A bland kind of book. Not my style. Saw the author on Breakfast TV, and thought I'd give his books a whirl. Started with this one as it was free on Kindle - Shan' t bother with the rest!

The Lady and the Laird (Scottish Brides - Book 1)
The Lady and the Laird (Scottish Brides - Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit more than Mills & Boon, 21 Feb 2014
Didn't like it much & will certainly not read another book by this author. Decided to see it through to the end so that I could read something else.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4