Profile for Catherine > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Prize [DVD] [1963] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Prize [DVD] [1963] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film. "DVD" appears to be "Blu-Ray" though..., 23 Aug. 2014
One of my best films! The only thing to note: this DVD doesn't play in any of my DVD players (Region 1 or region free) but does play in my Blu-Ray player. For me, that's actually a good thing!

Peaky Blinders - Series 1 [DVD] [2013]
Peaky Blinders - Series 1 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Cillian Murphy

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 15 Jun. 2014
Wow! This is just such a brilliant show. I was hooked from the beginning. The cinematography, music, acting, everything just excellent. I was happy to hear there will be a second season - can't wait!

Dark Angels Revealed: From Dark Rogues to Dark Romantics, the Most Mysterious and Mesmerizing Vampires and Fallen Angels from Edward Cullen to Count Dracula Come to Life
by Angela Grace

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun..., 23 Oct. 2013
This is definitely not a "serious" book and shouldn't be taken that way. It covers the "main" popular culture vampire/fallen angel characters that have come through from movies and books over the years and includes many of the more recent characters. For me, this book is just what I was looking for - a bit of them all (old and new) and covering the good, bad and ugly. The book is made up very nicely and well worth the money. It is just perfect (and for the record, no, I'm far from a teenager who has been caught up in the latest vampire hype).

Rock With Me (With Me In Seattle Book 4)
Rock With Me (With Me In Seattle Book 4)

1.0 out of 5 stars No story..., 18 Oct. 2013
What a load of rubbish. There is no story (or is that the point of this type of book?). This could have been a really cool book if there was some sort of character development and a bit more thought put into it. Sam, who clearly has issues at the beginning of the book just casts them aside within pages. Why didn't the author develop the relationship?

Missing You
Missing You

3.0 out of 5 stars Was sweet but..., 15 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Missing You (Kindle Edition)
something was just missing. At times I felt it "plodded" along. I finished the book but never felt like I had a satisfying read.

Forget Me Not [DVD]
Forget Me Not [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tobias Menzies
Offered by ____THE_BEST_ON_DVD____

4.0 out of 5 stars What a beautiful film, 20 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Forget Me Not [DVD] (DVD)
So, the opening wasn't what I was expecting for a love story, however, after that initial opening, I wanted to know "why?" and wow, what a stunning movie this turned out to be. The acting was brilliant, so natural, that it all came across like I was watching two real people. Wow, is all I can say. A wonderful art-house movie. I'm glad I got the DVD - I will definitely watch this again.

Sweet Memories
Sweet Memories

2.0 out of 5 stars Shallow and dull..., 5 April 2013
This review is from: Sweet Memories (Kindle Edition)
I was very disappointed by this book. There seemed no variety, no story other than an annoying young girl and a guy who was after her - there was no emotional connection at all and both characters were shallow. What really annoyed me was that the author couldn't stop referring to "the davenport" and "his calloused fingers". Yes, yes,I kept thinking, I know he has calloused fingers - why keep reminding me in exactly the same words. And anyone in the story always sat on the davenport.

Beneath the Sea 5000 Piece Puzzle
Beneath the Sea 5000 Piece Puzzle

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and challenging, 21 Jan. 2013
This puzzle was quite a challenge but at the same time fun. Having read other reviews there is mention of duplicate pieces or the puzzle being made up of two halves - I did not have this problem at all and the puzzle in no place looks duplicated. There was no piece that could have been placed in a different location. Possibly the puzzle has been changed.

The pieces are durable and the puzzle well made - every piece is there and no pieces have bits missing.

Putting it together was extremely rewarding...but give yourself lots of time.

Gusti Genuine Leather Handbag Purse Shoulder Bag Satchel Vintage Flapover School City Leisure Bag Small H29A

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice bag, 9 Jan. 2013
I am very happy with this bag which appears sturdy and well made. As pointed out by the seller, there is a smell but it is not really noticeable when the bag is being worn and appears to be fading already. Bag comes with leather balm. Will buy another bag from Gusti leather anytime.

JVC HA-FX35-S Marshmallow Comfortable Fit Earphones - Silver
JVC HA-FX35-S Marshmallow Comfortable Fit Earphones - Silver

3.0 out of 5 stars So, so..., 19 Oct. 2012
I'm reasonably happy with the product - the sound is really clear however, 4 months later and the foam parts are cracking. I don't use them extensively so not from over-use.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4