Profile for HarryS > Reviews

Content by HarryS

HarryS

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but loud, 9 April 2013
It's a cheap, average HDD which does the job. I haven't encountered any problems with it. The only downside is that it is kinda loud compared to the rest of the system. But isn't as loud as other HDDs in the price range. I would recommend this HDD for cheap builds. If you want a better HDD, but more expensive, go for a Western Digital.

XFX 450W Core Edition 80+ Bronze Wired Power Supply
XFX 450W Core Edition 80+ Bronze Wired Power Supply
Offered by Bora-Computer GbR

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Entry Level PSU, 9 April 2013
Not much bad stuff I can say about this PSU. The fan is pretty quiet. It has all the connectors an entry level PC could need. I would highly recommend this PSU to any low price system.

BitFenix Merc Beta Midi Tower Chassis - Black
BitFenix Merc Beta Midi Tower Chassis - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good case, 17 Mar. 2013
I bought this case for a £220 PC. It was the Gigabyte A55M-DS2 Motherboard.

The I/O plate went in easy, just that one of the mounting holes for the mATX mobo didn't exist. So only had 4 screws in the holes not 5. (If I can remember correctly).

PSU fitted in nicely and was easy to screw. The holes for cable routing are nice and large, with an indentation to put the cables, so the back went on easily.

HDD and optical drive went in easy and screwed in. Overall the case looks fantastic.

It has a modern and sleek look. The front part of the case is plastic, but still looks great. Everything else is metal.

Not a worry for me, as the parts won't get that hot, just that there is only two places for case fans. At the back, which already has a fan installed, and on the bottom. Unless I'm very mistaken and you can put one or two on the side, but it doesn't look like it. If you want to add more case fans I would suggest getting the Alpha version of this case.

All in all, this is a nice looking, good case. I would recommend it for general use PCs.

Oh forgot to mention, all the screws and such like come in one bag. Not in separate bags. And not labeled.