Profile for Ian Stewart > Reviews

Content by Ian Stewart

Ian Stewart "ianianian" (UK)

How I Escaped My Certain Fate
How I Escaped My Certain Fate
by Stewart Lee

4.0 out of 5 stars Clever and Funny?, 10 April 2011
I'm not sure how clever or funny Stewart Lee is in the great scheme of things. Bear in mind that the bar has been set pretty high in those areas (the Marx Brothers; Benjamin Franklin) but I'm convinced that he is cleverer and funnier than most contemprary comedy. Buy this. Read this. You'll like it. Trust him.

August DA900C 9 Inch Freeview TV & Recorder / Analogue TV / Media Player, supports Red Button Multi-Screen Teletext

5.0 out of 5 stars great value little gizmo, 5 May 2010
I've got mine in the kitchen and it's ideal: small, neat and excellent picture quality. Living in Salisbury (where we have a transmitter close by) means I don't even need an additional aerial - the built on one works just fine.

The menus are a bit of a fiddle and it has all manner of features, but if you just want to see the news while you cut yourself a sandwich this is the fellow for you!

David Bowie's "Low" (33 1/3)
David Bowie's "Low" (33 1/3)
by Hugo Wilcken
Price: 6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars A Worthless Exercise, 9 Mar 2008
If you've read Buckley's biography of Bowie, have heard Low more than twice and are even vaguely aware of kraftwerk you'll learn nothing from this very disappointing book. The 'best' sections are lifted almost directly from Buckley. The thirty three and a third series is hit and miss, and this is a miss.