Profile for A to Z > Reviews

Content by A to Z
Top Reviewer Ranking: 115

A to Z
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Do You Know Pippi Longstocking?
Do You Know Pippi Longstocking?
by Astrid Lindgren

4.0 out of 5 stars 70 years young!, 2 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The eight year old and I weren't sure when we started reading this picture book together if it was going to be something we would enjoy, the prose to begin with, as translated from the original Swedish is a little clumsy; "they are playing croquet in their yard. It's okay." - however it didn't take us long to fall under Pippi's spell. Pippi is the amazing girl who moves into the empty house next door, with her horse and monkey, as you do, and who does everything for herself. She's super strong, gets into all sorts of adventures and is a "thing-finder" who doesn't need parents to have the most extraordinary life.

We enjoyed the fantasty in this book almost as much as the illustrations. At 70 years old, yes this book is a little anachronistic in parts, but it's classically charming, fun to read - despite feeling alien in this day and age of rhyming books and being translated - and it's grown on us. A great introduction to a great character - we enjoy this book.

Cetaphil 100 g Moisturising Cream
Cetaphil 100 g Moisturising Cream

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great non-fragranced emollient for use on very dry skin, 2 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great non-fragranced emollient for use on very dry skin, eczema or psoriasis in easy to dispense form. It's not too runny and is easy to apply and, in my experience, provides instant relief to those itchy areas. It is fairly quickly absorbed. It does the job as I would expect. You can use it all over the body - it's a no-frills cream which is a good choice for providing relief for children's eczema and the like. Will buy again when this tube runs out.

The Friendly Swede Trilobite Extra Beefy / Wide 500 lb Paracord Survival Bracelet With Stainless Steel Black Shackle - Best Fit 6 to 7-inch Wrists - Retail Packaging - Lifetime Warranty (Black)
Offered by The Friendly Swede [UK]

5.0 out of 5 stars well made, 30 Jun. 2015
Length:: 0:20 Mins

This is a great fit for my 17cm wrist as you can see from the video. It's a solid 3cm thick and there's a fair bit of adjustment via the clasp which has three holes. You get a spare securing pin too. I haven't tried unravelling the cord but it seems really well made and the bracelet itself is uniformly and neatly made. It comes with instructions. High quality item in my opinion that I would be happy to recommend to others.

*disclosure* sample received for review purposes

Premium HD iPhone 6 Tempered Glass Screen Protector - Top-Quality 9H Hardness, .33mm Thick - Protects From Drops & Scratches - Highly Responsive, Feels Exactly Like Your Cell/Mobile Phone's LCD Screen - No Smudge, No Fingerprints - Is 100% Clear - Looks Great on Black, White, Any Color Phone - Lifetime Warranty (iPhone 6 (4.7 inch))
Offered by Sarah's Source, LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars This glass screen is excellent; it comes with everything you need to fit ..., 29 Jun. 2015
This glass screen is excellent; it comes with everything you need to fit it; clear instructions, a cloth, and even stickers to get the last bits of dust off your screen prior to fitting. It fits the cut outs of my iPhone 6 perfectly and was fairly easy to attach.

It's stayed in place well and does the job it is intended for with no loss of touch sensitivity that I can detect. The screen is a bit smaller than the face of the iphone but this is as the edges curl slightly. It's really thin - as billed - and doesn't affect my phone's appearance.

Great quality that I would recommend.

*disclosure* I was sent a sample for review

[Apple MFI Certified] iXCC ® 3200mAH [Black] Power Bank-Mini Portable External Battery Charger with Exclusive ChargeWise (tm) Technology, for Apple iPhone 4/4s/5s/ 5c/ 5/ 6/ 6 Plus; iPad Air/Air 2, iPad Air mini/mini 3; Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4; Note 3 2; the new HTC One (M9); Fire Phone; Google Nexus and More

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like this powerbank, 29 Jun. 2015
I really like this powerbank, which I was sent to review. The fact that it is Apple certified is a real reassurance, and in real life it's really well made, with great finish on all the ports and the buttons. For a small lipstick size powerbank I'm impressed that it has LED indicators so you know how much power is left and that it doesn't overcharge. I can fully charge my iphone with it in an emergency and it's handily small for slipping in a handbag. I have used this a lot since I got it and it's hassle free. I would definitely recommend this - I've come to expect quality from this brand and this is no exception.

Battat Airplane Take-Apart
Battat Airplane Take-Apart

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a great toy for both boys and girls who like taking ..., 29 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Battat Airplane Take-Apart (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great toy for both boys and girls who like taking things apart or putting them together. It comes nicely presented and overall it is well made and designed - though mine had a few surface scratches, they don't detract from the overall look of the toy. There are just enough components to keep the build and unbuild interesting without it being over-fussy. Though the toy looks quite complicated from the instructions, actually a child can soon learn all the steps. We particularly liked the little motorised multi-tool which is a good size for small hands.

Overall a nice toy which promotes thinking and imagination, and which is a little bit different from other toys that are around and is also pleasingly non-gender specific. I would recommend for these reasons.

LEAP® Memory Chronograph Stopwatch Watch Date Calendar Alarm Clock Sports Purple New

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great stop watch with a clear screen that works well ..., 28 Jun. 2015
This is a great stop watch with a clear screen that works well and has all the functions that you would expect - a stopwatch to have. It comes with batteries and full instructions. I've been using mine in a classroom setting and am very happy with it; it's not difficult to use at all.

It's pretty well made and I like the colour. It would be good if the cord had a safety clasp (ie bit that broke if pulled) but you don't have to use it around your neck, it sits well in my hand. I use it a lot and would recommend.

Disclosure I was provided with a sample in return for an honest review.

DISNEY INSIDE OUT Sadness Soft Toy
DISNEY INSIDE OUT Sadness Soft Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars Sadness is a Valid Feeling too, 28 Jun. 2015
Sadness was probably my 11 year old's favourite character in the Inside Out film and she was over the moon to get this plush toy to try from Tomy - proving that 11 year olds are not too old for cuddlies. What she really likes about it is that at 22cm high it's the perfect size and squishiness for taking to sleepovers. The fact that you can press her hand and hear phrases from the film is fun too.

I think this toy has been really well made. It's faithful to the film, despite having non sparkly hair, and the fabric is really soft and lovely. I was impressed too that it came with batteries installed, ready to go and like the fact that the glasses are felt, rather than a hard plastic.

Excellent toy that is a great reflection of a fantastic Pixar character, I think Sadness is likely to be cherished for a long time in this house.

Inside Out I Cry Candy Bing Bong
Inside Out I Cry Candy Bing Bong
Offered by US-ZINC

4.0 out of 5 stars Bing Bong made real toy, 28 Jun. 2015
This Bing Bong toy was an instant hit with my daughter, aged 8, who loved the Inside Out film and, in particular this character, who is the imaginary friend of Riley the main human character. The toy is true to the film - he's part candy floss dolphin, part elephant and part cat and he cries candy tears (this will make more sense if you've seen the film). Bing Bong says about 7 recognisable phrases from the film plays the Bing Bong music when you press his tummy. The voice is not over-loud and can be turned off via a velcroed hole in his back. As well as having a voice he's got a mini snow globe in his head and this allows him to "cry" the candy tears as per the film - basically sequin candy swish around his eyes.

At 28cm high Bing Bong is a good size for cuddling, the inner plastic workings are quite far in so he isn't over hard. He doesn't actually smell of cotton candy as per the description and the inner bit is a little tricky for kids to work, hence the 4 stars - though on a plus this does mean no random noises in the middle of the night when he's being slept with! Bing Bong is well made and comes in a lovely presentation box that does not have too many ties, and his batteries are installed ready to go - yay! I think he would make a lovely present - my daughter loves him.

*disclosure* I was supplied with a sample of the toy in return for an honest review

The Friendly Swede Silicone 7 LED Bike Light Set, White and Red
The Friendly Swede Silicone 7 LED Bike Light Set, White and Red
Offered by The Friendly Swede [UK]

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple to install, work well, 28 Jun. 2015
Length:: 0:30 Mins

I was sent these lights to review and they do the job pretty well. You can change the settings as you can see in my short video, and they are easy to set up (you need to install 3AAA batteries, not provided) and they wrap around your handlebars or seat pole and secure quickly and easily.

The back light is a great warning light. I think the front one is probably best for lighting the way in a lit streetscape. The silicon coverings protect the light well whatever the weather and everything is well made. I would recommend, if you don't mind them being a little bit bulky and don't need to light the way ahead a huge distance - for my child's bike they are a perfect choice.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20