Profile for R. A. Stewart > Reviews

First Impressions Of Earth
First Impressions Of Earth
Offered by Assai-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars read it, 22 April 2006
anyone who criticises this album has very little musical appreciation or ear. this is the best band ever to grace our ears for at least a decade. total unwitheld accolation for this band. total invention and simplistic genuis from start to finish for 3 albums straight. kick back and relax. its all ok. we live , we die. we listen to the strokes.

Kasabian
Kasabian
Offered by DVD Overstocks

3.0 out of 5 stars Kas-maybian, 7 Mar. 2005
This review is from: Kasabian (Audio CD)
I am shocked that the words "The Music" have not been uttered once throughout all these reviews because the likeness is so glaring - the difference is that this album lacks the glorius guitar loops of 'The Music's eponymus album, and to a certain extent the passion in the vocal. I like the quasi clockwork orange/space oddysey 70's synth in this album and there are some banging songs that certainly get the blood rushing. Other than that I think the appeal just lies in the fact that this is a really well produced album. It will take about 4 listens to get you totally hooked, and this isnt a waste of a tenner dont get me wrong but it certainly lacks the passion to be still getting listened to in years to come.

Your Arsenal
Your Arsenal

5.0 out of 5 stars the modess, 26 Dec. 2004
This review is from: Your Arsenal (Audio CD)
impossible to bring out a true best of morrissey album and produce a record that truly encapsulates every facet of such an ingenius creative talent. just a snippet of a legend that will stay with me until the grave. For people just discovering Mozzer id reccomend this and viva hate, and if you arent completely devoted after that you never will be.

With the Lights Out
With the Lights Out
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars tribute, 26 Dec. 2004
This review is from: With the Lights Out (Audio CD)
Ive read some rinse written about nirvana in my time from guys that are clearly passing fans. This box set offers what you'd expect..its poignent and special, just another glimpse from a shy guy that wrote some really good music. yes its tragic that we have to get ripped off from geffen to see & listen to this stuff. Rest in peace little guy.

Monday at the Hug & Pint
Monday at the Hug & Pint

5.0 out of 5 stars Swirling low-fi brilliance, 29 Feb. 2004
The latent beauty of this album is locked underneath some magnificent production and subtle licks and trails, it winds on endlessly and can only really be properly listened to in the dark early hours of the morning after some nice central nervous system therapy if you get my drift. Everything gels so perfectly that I wouldnt be overstating calling this a work of genius. More eclectic than elephant shoe, even though I do prefer that album for different reasons, its secrets will be a permanent and potent fuel to my imagination like few others can touch.

Now I'm A Cowboy
Now I'm A Cowboy

4.0 out of 5 stars Hand rolled, 12 Dec. 2002
This review is from: Now I'm A Cowboy (Audio CD)
Angst crooning , superbly poised guitar bellyaching , look for 90's indie rock in the dictionary and this will be close by, but dont be fooled this album is one that will remain in the gold collection forever. Gladly not dragged through the fame spotlight treadmill in the truest sense and for me it is to its credit, at least I never noticed if it was.
Perhaps the message on these song is too riske, but it is beatiful to hear such brilliantly written and performed music played with some passion.
Get your air guitars out and prepare to jump around your living room a bit, and although the subject matter is mostly depressing I feel stragely uplifted by the whole experience. I am mad.

Lets Rumble
Lets Rumble

5.0 out of 5 stars Raw, 13 Oct. 2002
This review is from: Lets Rumble (Audio CD)
Will anyone ever read this reveiw ? I dunno, I just love this album - 10 of the greatest rock tunes ever written in my opinion and sorely underratted
its just pure rock and roll and the catchyiest tuneful lyrics your likely to hear.
Jizzy just puts so much power and feeling and pure energy into this music you cannot fail to be inspired by it
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2015 9:53 PM BST

In Our Gun
In Our Gun
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Shotgun, 25 Mar. 2002
This review is from: In Our Gun (Audio CD)
The beauty of Gomez is that they sound like - Gomez. This CD is worthy of the Mercury music prize if only they hadnt already released two albums of comparable quality. They make it sound easy to produce these beautiful hooks and riffs, so chilled out the album flows with absolute style. The hairs had only just stopped standing up on the back of my neck from watching them at Leeds festival 2000 and then they go and do it again.
I personally thank Gomez for existing.

If You've Never Been
If You've Never Been
Offered by hifi-media-store

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and relaxing, 16 Sept. 2001
This review is from: If You've Never Been (Audio CD)
The latest embrace album sees a more laid back approach to the catchy chorus sing alongs. The formula is still there for sure, but the anger is missing. I found this a technically brilliant album, and very honest and very genuine - which sums the band up. Embrace can make timeless songs. Thats a talent.

Yes Please
Yes Please

4.0 out of 5 stars Good trip to Barbados, 25 Mar. 2001
This review is from: Yes Please (Audio CD)
You have to forgive the mondays for anything they have ever done wrong - and up to now that is nothing. This album dissapoints because its not pills, thills n' bellyaches and there aren't enough guitar loops and hooks going on in true Mondays style. A departure indeed, but i'm giving 4 stars because Ryders lyrics are of their usual top quality and the Netto song is just a beauty - and any Mondays fan should have this in the collection just for sentimental reasons. There will never be another Mondays or anything close.

Page: 1 | 2