Profile for mumoftwo > Reviews

Content by mumoftwo

mumoftwo

As They Slept - Part 4 (The comical tales of a London commuter)
As They Slept - Part 4 (The comical tales of a London commuter)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 19 Nov 2013
This was a brilliant ending to a great series of books. Having to commute daily myself I could really relate to his stories and often found myself laughing out loud which got me my own strange looks on the train.

Still Standing: The Savage Years
Still Standing: The Savage Years

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 25 Sep 2013
I am not a massive fan of Paul O`Grady but this was a very good book.
He has obviously led a very eventful life and the fact that he can mix comedy with just the right level of reality makes him a great writer.
I will definitely be reading his other books.

As They Slept (The comical tales of a London commuter)
As They Slept (The comical tales of a London commuter)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining, 30 Jun 2013
I really enjoyed this book. It felt like he was telling me what everyone else is thinking but too embarrassed to say. Can't wait to read part 2

Dear Fatty
Dear Fatty

4.0 out of 5 stars Very funny but also touching, 13 May 2013
This review is from: Dear Fatty (Kindle Edition)
I thought this book was a great way to write an autobiography, because the letters were to specific people it felt like she opened up a lot more and I found it to be emotional in places.

Between the Lines: My Autobiography
Between the Lines: My Autobiography

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 14 April 2013
I never really knew much about Victoria Pendleton but this book has been both entertaining and eye opening. It is very well written and you feel all the emotions she has felt during every race. I would definitely recommend.

Confessions of a GP (The Confessions Series)
Confessions of a GP (The Confessions Series)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting, 9 Mar 2013
Whilst this book was funny in parts it was also used as an opportunity to have a single about the NHS, the government and how G.P 's have it bad which put me off a bit.

The Hobbit
The Hobbit

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly brilliant, 24 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Hobbit (Kindle Edition)
I have read this book a number of times since I was young but it never ceases to amaze me. Tolkien is so descriptive you feel like you are living each adventure. One book that I hope my children read in the future.

Life and Laughing: My Story
Life and Laughing: My Story

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening and entertaining, 19 Jan 2013
I gave this 5 stars because I really enjoyed this book. It was full of surprises and in places laugh out loud funny.

Cheryl: My Story
Cheryl: My Story

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye-opening but funny, 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: Cheryl: My Story (Kindle Edition)
I have never been a massive fan of Cheryl Cole. Tending to believe what was written in the papers or magazines. However I really enjoyed this book. It was a chance for her to tell her story and it is clear she has worked hard to get what she has achieved

LeapFrog Explorer Game: Disney Tangled (for LeapPad and Leapster)
LeapFrog Explorer Game: Disney Tangled (for LeapPad and Leapster)

4.0 out of 5 stars Educational and Fun, 15 Sep 2012
I bought this for my 5 year old to keep her entertained on a flight and she loved it. It was easy for her to understand, she didn't need any help from me in playing the game and it had her favourite characters from her favourite Disney film, overall a winner