Profile for A. S. Papadopoulou > Reviews

Content by A. S. Papadopoulou

A. S. Papadopoulou "Nati" (Kozani Greece)

Archaeology: Theories, Methods and Practice
Archaeology: Theories, Methods and Practice
by Colin Renfrew
Price: 30.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Why did not I buy it earlier!, 3 Aug 2013
I wanted to buy a book like that for a long time.I was fortunate to be able to afford it.I bought it and I am very satisfied.It is what I was looking for.You can really learn the methods.I was really impressed.It even has the anatomy of an animal so as to know what part of the animal is the one found.It is explanatory with pictures and details.If someone wants to learn archaeology it is the book to buy.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy Book 1)
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy Book 1)
by Stieg Larsson
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good!!!!, 7 May 2013
This review is for the whole trilogy.I liked it even if at times it is really cruel and dark.The book is more intense than the movie.You can feel the emotions,you do not get blured by the speed of the actions,even if at some points you wished you could.The first is what makes you go to the other two,but the whole is a very good story.Do not get afraid of the size of the books.If you like reading books,it will not stop you once you get started.

The Complete Chronicles of Narnia (The Chronicles of Narnia)
The Complete Chronicles of Narnia (The Chronicles of Narnia)
by C. S. Lewis
Price: 17.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Conserning the edition, 7 May 2013
Really beautiful.Not very heavy in weight.The images are the original ones , which I really like.You get a true idea of what the author had in mind when he was writing the story.

Murder on the Orient Express (Poirot)
Murder on the Orient Express (Poirot)
by Agatha Christie
Price: 5.51

5.0 out of 5 stars One of her best, 7 May 2013
One of my favorite Agatha Christie's books...Really good.If you have not read any , which is unlikely,read this to get the idea.

Beatrix Potter The Complete Tales: The 23 Original Tales
Beatrix Potter The Complete Tales: The 23 Original Tales
by Beatrix Potter
Price: 23.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Very beautiful book., 7 May 2013
I like the binding.I bought it two times.One as a present to a friend of mine and one for me.It is a very good edition and I think children will love it.It is a bit big , but I can manage it.It makes you want to read it.

The Lord of the Rings
The Lord of the Rings
by J. R. R. Tolkien
Price: 22.75

4.0 out of 5 stars All times favorite!!!!!, 7 May 2013
This review is from: The Lord of the Rings (Hardcover)
I give four stares because I was not satisfied by the maps.You can not rotate them and the enlargenning is not helpfully.Otherwise it is my favorite book,even if I have read many many many others from many categories.I just emmerse myself in it , every time I start it.Have read it 5 times already.Have it in 4 editions and two languages.My advise to you...READ it even if the language is a bit difficult ,if you are not english yourselves.I am Greek and I have not yet read the Greek edition,although I have it.Read it and form your own opinion.

The Forgotten Garden
The Forgotten Garden
by Kate Morton
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting saga, 7 May 2013
This review is from: The Forgotten Garden (Paperback)
I give 5 stars because I did not expect the outcome from the beginning.I usually can understand the plot from the first chapters but this one was really good.Yes I suspected some of the plot,but the thirst of the characters to learn their roots was something I cared about.It had twists,you think of something and then you understand that it is not so and then you change again.Like in real life, there are misunderstandings that change people's lives and our opinion for them and their actions.I know I am not giving away very much,but it is because I never tell,not in books,not in movies.I want others to find out for themselves.Read the book if you like family sagas with mystery in them.You will be rewarded.I was.Do not be afraid of the size,once you , then you do not want to stop,or end.

Death on the Nile (Poirot)
Death on the Nile (Poirot)
by Agatha Christie
Price: 5.52

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best, 12 Aug 2009
I wanted to read this book for a long time now. It was worth it 100%!!!

Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga)
Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga)
by Stephenie Meyer
Price: 11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars the end, 8 Jun 2009
I liked the book itself. I like hardcover books. The story itself was great but reminds me of most american movies where the hero obtains in a very short time extreme powers , greater than others before him. I liked very much the way the new person ( do not want to reveal much ) was introduced. But I felt very old to read some parts of it. I would like to ad that I liked the whole series and I would recommend others to read it, not buy the expensive print but to read it in mass-market paperback because it is breathtaking !!! Even if I am 33 years old.