Profile for MCalcot > Reviews

Content by MCalcot

MCalcot

LINQ to Objects Using C# 4.0: Using and Extending LINQ to Objects and Parallel LINQ (PLINQ) (Addison-Wesley Microsoft Technology)
by Troy Magennis
Price: 26.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful guide, 20 Sep 2012
Although I have been using Linq for several years I found this book consolidated my knowledge, gave me new insight into ways I could use Linq and some useful new tricks I could employ. Excellent work.

Metro Revealed: Building Windows 8 Apps with Xaml and C# (Expert's Voice in Windows 8)
by Adam Freeman
Price: 8.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Good starting guide, 20 Sep 2012
This is an excellent starter guide to get you up and running, a detailed working of an example application covering all the major elements that define a Windows Store application. Easy to read and short enough to read cover to cover in a day. I found it very useful.

iPhone 4 / 4G / Black / White Handsfree Car Kit with Window Windscreen & Dashboard Mount / Charger / speaker / MIC Non-Bluetooth Hands Free works with Tomtom

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice piece of kit, 15 Mar 2011
Works very well, the charger works reliably, charging the battery even when running Sat Nav software and the handsfree speaker is loud and clear, and improves on the built in iPhone speaker for Sat Nav use. The iPhone fits snuggly into the holder and is held very firmly. The windscreen mount works well but I couldn't get it to stay on the dashboard using the supplied sticky plate but that is more likely because my dashboard has a stippled finish. I would be happy to recommend this.

DURAGADGET 17 to 17.5 inch Reversible Water Restistant Neoprene Laptop Cover for ASUS Zenbook UX21E & Dell Inspiron 1750
Offered by GADGETPLUSUK
Price: 14.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Too small for a Dell 1750, 15 Mar 2011
This item may well suit other laptops but for the Dell Inspiron 1750 I bought it for it is just too small. It slides into the case very snuggly but is too short and you cannot place the sleeve top cover over the edge of the laptop. Fortunatley it did fit my sons somewhat smaller Toshiba laptop so I didn't have to send it back.