Profile for simon wheeler > Reviews

Content by simon wheeler

simon wheeler

The Broken Isles (Legends of the Red Sun 4)
The Broken Isles (Legends of the Red Sun 4)
by Mark Charan Newton
Price: 13.51

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing, 25 July 2013
Having read the first three books of this series, I awaited this (supposedly) final installment with much anticipation. Unfortunately, I must confess to being ultimately disappointed with it. Where the other books seemed (to me at least) to have a great balance and pace to the story, Broken Isles seems very rushed. All speed and little substance if you know what I mean. Fans of the series will certainly still want to read it of course, but I can't help but feeling that another 300 pages or so might have fleshed it out a bit better.

ScoopFree Ultra Self-Cleaning Litter Box
ScoopFree Ultra Self-Cleaning Litter Box
Offered by Luzern
Price: 169.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well but refills are prohibitively expensive, 8 July 2013
Litter box is very good, and cat took to it well. But before you rush out and buy it, I would read some reviews about the refills you will need.

ScoopFree Litter Tray Refills
ScoopFree Litter Tray Refills

2.0 out of 5 stars 20-30 days my arse!, 8 July 2013
I have one cat in good health, and these cartridges tend to work well for about 7-10 days, rather than the 20-30 promised. The smell of cat pee then becomes overpowering very quickly. After shelling out over 100 for the litter box (which does work really well), you kind of feel obliged to keep buying the refills. When I bought them for the first time, they were 11.95 (for 1, even though there is a picture of 6 on Amazon - read the ad carefully fellow shoppers - grrrrr), the price was recently hiked up tp 16.95 overnight. I feel that I'm throwing good money after bad, and unless the price comes down drastically, I'm going to have to look for an alternative solution.

Trail Hiker Unisex 2 Man Tent - Grey
Trail Hiker Unisex 2 Man Tent - Grey
Price: 34.07

1.0 out of 5 stars For kids only, 4 July 2013
This tent is a lot smaller than advertised. I am about 180cm tall, and if I stretched out on my camp bed with my feet pushing hard against the back tent wall, I still couldn't zip up the inner tent. (Found this out at a recent music festival). It's meant to be 210cm long. Access is very tight too, with the single central zip on the fly, and a small door on the inner. It gets one star for not leaking during the rain.

Samsung E1200 Sim Free Mobile Phone
Samsung E1200 Sim Free Mobile Phone
Offered by total digital stores
Price: 12.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little phone, 4 July 2013
Does exactly what it says on the tin, calls and texts. Battery life fantastic. Took it away for a six day trip, used it every day and it lost one bar off the battery life meter during this time.

Leather Case Cover Suitable for Suitable for Samsung galaxy SIII SII S II i9100 Samsung S5830 Galaxy Ace Galaxy Nexus Samsung I8150 Galaxy W HTC ONE HTC Desire HTC Sensation XL HTC Wildfire Nokia Lumia Nokoia N8 Motorola RAZR Blackberry Bold Blackberry Torch Sim Free Sim-Free Smartphone
Offered by BestpricecenterUK
Price: 10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well, 30 Jan 2013
I bought this case for my Galaxy S2. It fits the phone perfectly, the phone feels secure but is still easy to get in/out. If I had one minor criticism, it would be that you should always use the belt loop attachment, as the clip alone comes off the belt too easily. As I always do this, I didn't score it any less.

Petnap Round Red Heated pet heat pad pet cat dog bed Item 604
Petnap Round Red Heated pet heat pad pet cat dog bed Item 604
Offered by Petnap Ltd
Price: 38.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, kitty loves it., 30 Jan 2013
I have a 14 year old moggy who craves warmth for his old bones. I can't leave the heating on for him all the time, and this bed has provided the perfect solution. I've put it on one end of a sofa, so it's a nice soft surface (base is quite thin). It's definitely now his favourite place!