Profile for AndrewV > Reviews

Aurora 12V G4 Omnidirectional Capsule LED Bulbs - Warm White
Aurora 12V G4 Omnidirectional Capsule LED Bulbs - Warm White
Offered by Lights4u

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bulb!, 30 Mar 2013
I bought this to replace a G4 10w halogen capsule in a table lamp. It's LED so it has the advantage of generating less heat, using less energy and therefore saving money. The colour tone is very slightly cooler than the halogen but I prefer it this way.

It's possible LED technology may not currently allow this bulb to be any smaller in size, however, I thought I would note that it is NOT the same size as a G4 halogen capsule. If it was, I would have been able to purchase over 10 of these to put in my ceiling fixture but the bulb is too wide to fit in. For that reason I am disappointed. But it does not claim anywhere to be identical in size to the G4 halogen capsule and the seller does list the size dimensions so i've given it 4 stars because it works very well in my table lamp. Hopefully in the near future LED G4 capsules will become available which are identical in size to a halogen one.

To conclude, if you want to replace a 10w GU4 halogen capsule, then buy this. Just make sure it will fit in your fixture!

4W LED Candle Light Bulb E14 SES Warm White, Frosted High Power LED Candle
4W LED Candle Light Bulb E14 SES Warm White, Frosted High Power LED Candle

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great LED bulb, 30 Mar 2013
I bought 2 of these bulbs after being pleased with purchasing the B22 equivalent. I bought them a few months ago and they are being used in table lamps approx 5 hours a day. I think the colour tone is identical to an Incandescent and a CFL and they have the advantage of starting instantly and generating hardly any heat all. This is good for summer when you want to keep the house cool or if you have a lamp positioned where children could reach and burn themselves.

The only down side is the price but they will pay for themselves!

They are very efficient cosuming only 4w. They will use less electricity and therefore save you money. I highly recommend them to anyone looking to replace a CFL or incandescent bulb!

AV-Link 128.234 3-Way Input Expander
AV-Link 128.234 3-Way Input Expander
Offered by DJ2GO LIMITED

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good peice of kit!, 30 Mar 2013
I have been using this for over a year now and I bought it because one of my stereos only had one auxilary input. I now have a computer, a turntable and a TV connected to the unit using good quality belkin leads and everything works fine. The buttons are, as the manufaturer claims, heavy duty and not flimsy. Overall, I'm very pleased with this purchase.

I recommend this to anyone who has an amplifier with not enough inputs for their requirements!

4W LED Candle Light Bulb B22 Bayonet Warm White, Frosted High Power LED Candle
4W LED Candle Light Bulb B22 Bayonet Warm White, Frosted High Power LED Candle

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bulb!, 30 Mar 2013
I bought this in Novemember to replace a failing CFL in a living room table lamp. I chose an LED because I wanted to save energy and money. As it was the first LED bulb I had bought I didn't know what to expect. However, i'm really pleased with it! The colour temperature is almost identical to an incandescent and it lights instantly. It generates hardly any heat at all which is good in summer or if the lamp is placed where children could burn themselves. I use it approx 5 hours a day. Consuming just 4 watts it's very efficient and therefore uses less energy and less electricity.

The only down side is the price (currently £8.29) but it will pay for itself in the long run.

I highly recommend this to anyone wanting to replace a CFL or an incandescent!

SPARE PART LINK FOR BASIN POP UP WASTE/SINK CONNECTOR
SPARE PART LINK FOR BASIN POP UP WASTE/SINK CONNECTOR
Offered by Ziggiziggi

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 30 Mar 2013
I bought this to replace the same part on my bathroom sink pop-up plug mechanism which had corroded and rusted. This is of good quality and hopefully will last a long time. I'm pleased that I didn't have to replace the whole plug assembly as it would have required more effort and costed more!

Pepsi Can (24x330ml)
Pepsi Can (24x330ml)
Offered by NANOBITS LIMITED (PROMPTLY DESPATCHED WITHIN ONE WORKING DAY)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good at all, 27 Jan 2012
This review is from: Pepsi Can (24x330ml) (Grocery)
Bought this last year for £11.20 (yeah they've put the price up) supplied by Electro World. Every single can was dented, must have happened during transport because they were very poorly packaged. No bubble wrap or anything of the sort to protect them from that kind of damage. Some fizzed everywhere when I opened them.

Delivery was rubbish anyway, two slips put through the door to say they had been returned to the depot and then the neighbor came round with them so they could have drunk them all if they'd had liked and I wouldn't have known.

Never again!

Premier Housewares Round Shaped Folding Stool with Chrome Frame - 45 x 30 x 30 cm - Black
Offered by FINE STAR

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice stool, but a little expensive, 27 Jan 2012
I bought this stool last year and use it quite a lot. It isn't flimsy at all, in fact it's very stable and there's even a safety catch to stop it folding while you're sitting on it. Chrome finished frame is nice and shiny, much better than what you'd buy in the supermarket.

However I bought this for £15 which I think is quite a lot just for a stool but I've given it 5 stars anyway because of the quality of it. If you don't mind spending £15, go for it guys!

2D 16w GR10q 4pin 10,000 Hours Energy Saving Light Bulb Lamp 3500k
2D 16w GR10q 4pin 10,000 Hours Energy Saving Light Bulb Lamp 3500k

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bulb!, 27 Jan 2012
I bought this bulb from Palmer Riley. First one was lost in the post but upon contacting them they sent another one out straight away and I received that within 3 days so they were excellent.

Bulb is of good quality - bright light and fast starting times. That's about it really! A great buy I must say since B&Q were selling this at £6+