Profile for DeeQ > Reviews

Content by DeeQ

DeeQ "click, read, click" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
The Queen's Cat (First Year at The Palace Book 1)
The Queen's Cat (First Year at The Palace Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Engaged my young daughter whilst we were waiting for a ..., 30 Oct. 2014
Engaged my young daughter whilst we were waiting for a tyre to be changed on the car. It allowed us to talk about 'getting on with each other' anf not having to be friends with everyone.

The Olive Grove
The Olive Grove

1.0 out of 5 stars I tried but this book didn't engage me. I ..., 30 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Olive Grove (Kindle Edition)
I tried but this book didn't engage me. I tried re-reading the start, but, no it didn't capture my imagination. I very rarely don't finish a book that I have started, but I deleted this book after twice reading the first chapter.

The Waiting (Lancaster County Secrets Book #2): A Novel
The Waiting (Lancaster County Secrets Book #2): A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Oct. 2014
A good, thoughtful story. Engaging throughout.

The Search, A Novel (Lancaster County Secrets Book 3)
The Search, A Novel (Lancaster County Secrets Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Not too strong on the religion front., 30 Oct. 2014
Easy read. Not too strong on the religion front. Overall a good and engaging story

Making Sense of Change Management: A Complete Guide to the Models Tools and Techniques of Organizational Change
by Esther Cameron

Excellent quality

The Zombie Chronicles - Book 1
The Zombie Chronicles - Book 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Zombie series at its best!!!, 22 May 2013
I purchased the first book in the series when it was a free download. I was hooked after about 10 pages! The scenes that involve the characters meeting the the zombies are so well written I could feel my heart rate increase due to the tense atmosphere that is created.

I went on to purchase the remaining 3 in the series (I can't wait for book 5) and ultimately read all four books in the series over the space of a long weekend.

Gripping stuff with an amazing twist in book 4.

If you like zombie stories, you will not be disappointed.

TensCare itouch Sure Pelvic Floor Exerciser
TensCare itouch Sure Pelvic Floor Exerciser

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 28 Dec. 2012
I've suffered from mild urinary incontinence since being pregnant and giving birth naturally to my rather large baby nearly 4 years ago. As much as I made the effort to do the pelvic floor exercises the midwife gave me after the birth I didn't keep it up once my newborn became more active and is now a very active little girl.

After researching methods of sorting this problem out I decided to go with the itouch because of it's significant price difference compared to similar products.

The instructions were easy to understand and the machine was easy to operate.

When I first used it I found that the first few pulses felt as though they were nipping a bit, but I've since worked out that this could be because I needed time for the ky jelly to 'melt' a bit to allow the pulse to conduct more easily.

My vaginal probe only works efficiently on one side (they have 2 metal panels, one on each side), but I don't mind too much, because I just ensure that I put the more efficient side of the probe on alternate sides on opposite days, by switching the machine on and then seeing which side is pulsing the most. If it's on the side that I did the day previously I just spin the probe round so it's on the other side.

I started with the machine being on 88 and within the week I was on the highest setting of 99.5. I felt immediate improvement, by feeling more lifted. I found that my incontinence had improved at my worst time (just before my period) after only 10 - 12 days of use.

I've been a bit intermittent with it's use due to having my period (even though the instructions say you can use it during this time, although I feel far to tender) and then with being away at relatives for Christmas.

I'm certain I'll feel a great improvement with the exerciser and I can feel a definate improvement in the control of my pelvic floor exercises without the machine, which I was doing whilst I was away at relatives.

For the money I can't fault the machine and I would recommend it to friends if the problem ever came up in discussion. I would have given it 5 stars if the vaginal probe worked as efficiently on both sides, but as I've already written, this was a minor problem to myself because I had some control already, it was just a matter of improving that control, rather than toning my pelvic floor from very weak control.

Are We Nearly There Yet?: A Family's 8,000-Mile Car Journey Around Britain
Are We Nearly There Yet?: A Family's 8,000-Mile Car Journey Around Britain

5.0 out of 5 stars a true life 'british family' - funny, sad, truthful!, 22 Nov. 2011
I've just finished reading this book and I flew through it. It is about a family that go on a 8000 mile round UK trip visiting attractions suitable for a family to write a travel guide. Ben and Dina travel with their two young children aged 4 & 2. The writing is done in such a way as you start nodding in agreement because it is so descriptive and sometime so funny I was laughing out loud and sometime shedding a tear.

I myself have a young daughter within the age group of Bens two children and the incidences that occur are so true i'm sure he's got a secret video camera watching in on my life! Bens descriptive writing of how he explains the illness of his father is so heart wrenching that if you have ever been close to losing a parent or indeed have lost your parent(s) then it will have you swallowing a few lumps in your throat.

It basically describes in truth the life and thoughts of a family over a 8000 mile car journey including young children, personal relationships, illnesses, death, accidents and the realisation that they are truely a great family.

A excellent read.

Boob Tube (a soap opera novel)
Boob Tube (a soap opera novel)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not what you might expect - an easy but interesting read, 2 April 2011
I've just finished reading this 'book' and the story, although easy to follow, does have a few twists which don't come to light until right at the very end. If this book was turned into a film, it would be a film for TV, but very easy to watch. The characters are described in such a way that I found I mentally created an image for each one.

It is obvious that the writers have 'inside knowledge' with regards to TV work because they describe it very well and very clearly to make it easy to follow the lives of the characters.

If you want an easy read, but with a 'dramatic' twist, then this is a book for you.

Page: 1 | 2