Profile for Mrs K > Reviews

Content by Mrs K

Mrs K (Amersham, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Knitted & Crocheted Slippers (Cozy)
Knitted & Crocheted Slippers (Cozy)
by Alison Howard

5.0 out of 5 stars Great range of slippers, 17 Mar. 2015
First I borrowed this book from the library and liked it so much that I bought a copy. Excellent range of knitted and crocheted slippers and slipper boots. Has a very good section on making up and how to make slippers non slip. My problem now is trying to decide which ones to make first!

Stovax Fireplace Limestone Cleaner/Stone Floor/Tiles
Stovax Fireplace Limestone Cleaner/Stone Floor/Tiles
Offered by Galleon Fireplaces

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked fine for me, 25 Jan. 2015
I used this to clean a limestone surround which had not been touched for 12 years, and had some central light smoke staining, which has visible after repainting the room. As recommended I tested it on a small patch first just to see if it had any adverse effect. All OK there so I set to with a sponge and clean cloth to wash off. It worked well - I could see the smoke stains lifting off and it did not leave any streaks although I was careful to work the product in over the surface as evenly as possible and rinse thoroughly. At first I wasn't sure that it had done the job, but when it was all dried it looked so much cleaner. It didn't take me longer than about an hour and was money well spent. Would be interested to see how it worked on a heavily stained fireplace

Finishing Techniques for Crochet (C&B Crafts)
Finishing Techniques for Crochet (C&B Crafts)
by Pauline Turner

5.0 out of 5 stars A useful book, 13 Nov. 2014
I bought this one after borrowing it from the library as it contains lots of tips on how to get that professional finish to crochet work. It is often the small things that really make a difference to the finished article and I can thoroughly recommend this one. It is a very useful addition to my craft book shelf

The Go-to Book for Irish Crochet Motifs
The Go-to Book for Irish Crochet Motifs
by Kathryn White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great source book of patterns, 13 Nov. 2014
An excellent source book for Irish Crochet motifs. UK readers will need to translate to US terms, but otherwise the instructions are clear and easy to follow. I would recommend for anyone wanting to learn or improve their skills in this beautiful craft

Inniskilling Diaries 1899-1903
Inniskilling Diaries 1899-1903
by Denis M. Cassidy

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 13 Nov. 2014
Very readable and fascinating account of the South African War in which my Grandfather served.

Crocs Crocband, Unisex-Adults' Clogs, Navy, 5 UK (M)/6 UK (W)
Crocs Crocband, Unisex-Adults' Clogs, Navy, 5 UK (M)/6 UK (W)

4.0 out of 5 stars Even so they were bigger than I thought, 17 Mar. 2014
Having read the reviews I went for a size 6 which lengthwise was fine. They are wide though, but as I wanted them for wearing down to the ski locker room this won't be a problem. They are comfortable and lighter than I expected. As long as you are happy with the width they are fine.

BaByliss 2777U Big Hair Rotating Styler - 42 mm
BaByliss 2777U Big Hair Rotating Styler - 42 mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd bought one years ago, 26 Feb. 2014
Having suffered a frozen shoulder I wanted to make drying my hair a little easier. My neighbour had just bought one of these and was raving about it. She has long thick hair. I have bobbed chin length hair that is difficult to turn under on one side - but this does the trick - it puts body and curve into may hair giving that neat bob effect rather than curl which I what i wanted to achieve. The control is a little fiddly at first but you soon get used to it. Excellent .

Supergets® Samsung Galaxy S3 S I9300 Red Wallet Side Flip PU Leather Case, Screen Protector, Stylus and Polishing Cloth
Offered by MOBILEJOY

3.0 out of 5 stars Protects phone, 26 Feb. 2014
Bought this as a temporary cover for phone. It is OK but is cheap looking, but I wasn't expecting much for the price. You can get to the control buttons and jack on the phone and the magnetic catch works well so it does what it is supposed to. I don't love it though.

SELF ADHESIVE FOAM WEATHER STRIP 2 PACK WINDOWS/ DOORS
SELF ADHESIVE FOAM WEATHER STRIP 2 PACK WINDOWS/ DOORS
Offered by Bargain Warehouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 26 Feb. 2014
Wanted to replace the seal on my Velux window but didn't want to pay £8 for 1 Metre of the "official" product, so thought I would give this a try. It adheres well although I thought the strip would be 2.5cm wide - it is made up of 2 strips. Not a problem for me as I just stuck layers of the strips until it was the depth I needed to get a good seal. Excellent value for money and does what it says. I will be interested to see how long it lasts, but thought it would be worth giving it a try. Seller delivered very quickly and item was very well packaged so overall experience good!

Barbara Currie: Power Packed Yoga [DVD]
Barbara Currie: Power Packed Yoga [DVD]
Dvd ~ Barbara Currie
Offered by Discs4all

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great DVD from Barbara, 27 Feb. 2013
Now I have a couple of DVDs from Barbara, but I treated myself to this one on the basis that it was cheaper than signing up for classes and having to go out on a cold wet night. Although a large section of it is exercises that she has demonstrated before, there are some excellent balances in one section and more advanced positions so it is a useful addition to my library. The stretches for the shoulders are particularly good. Because of the repetition (I could almost quote word for word in places on the first viewing which is scary), and I find the talk tends to get in the way of the workout I have rated this as 4 star. In all though it is enjoyable and split into workable 20 minute sections - after doing 2 of them I really felt a difference in my arm muscles.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3