Profile for Mrs K > Reviews

Mrs K (Amersham, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Crocs Unisex-Adult Crocband Slide Sandal Navy 11016-410-006 6 UK
Crocs Unisex-Adult Crocband Slide Sandal Navy 11016-410-006 6 UK
Price: Click here to see our price

4.0 out of 5 stars Even so they were bigger than I thought, 17 Mar 2014
Having read the reviews I went for a size 6 which lengthwise was fine. They are wide though, but as I wanted them for wearing down to the ski locker room this won't be a problem. They are comfortable and lighter than I expected. As long as you are happy with the width they are fine.

BaByliss 2777U Big Hair Rotating Styler - 42 mm
BaByliss 2777U Big Hair Rotating Styler - 42 mm
Offered by Premier Products

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd bought one years ago, 26 Feb 2014
Having suffered a frozen shoulder I wanted to make drying my hair a little easier. My neighbour had just bought one of these and was raving about it. She has long thick hair. I have bobbed chin length hair that is difficult to turn under on one side - but this does the trick - it puts body and curve into may hair giving that neat bob effect rather than curl which I what i wanted to achieve. The control is a little fiddly at first but you soon get used to it. Excellent .

Supergets® Samsung Galaxy S3 S I9300 Red Wallet Side Flip PU Leather Case, Screen Protector, Stylus and Polishing Cloth
Offered by MGT Group

3.0 out of 5 stars Protects phone, 26 Feb 2014
Bought this as a temporary cover for phone. It is OK but is cheap looking, but I wasn't expecting much for the price. You can get to the control buttons and jack on the phone and the magnetic catch works well so it does what it is supposed to. I don't love it though.

SELF ADHESIVE FOAM WEATHER STRIP 2 PACK WINDOWS/ DOORS
SELF ADHESIVE FOAM WEATHER STRIP 2 PACK WINDOWS/ DOORS
Offered by BargainShop_London

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 26 Feb 2014
Wanted to replace the seal on my Velux window but didn't want to pay £8 for 1 Metre of the "official" product, so thought I would give this a try. It adheres well although I thought the strip would be 2.5cm wide - it is made up of 2 strips. Not a problem for me as I just stuck layers of the strips until it was the depth I needed to get a good seal. Excellent value for money and does what it says. I will be interested to see how long it lasts, but thought it would be worth giving it a try. Seller delivered very quickly and item was very well packaged so overall experience good!

Barbara Currie: Power Packed Yoga [DVD]
Barbara Currie: Power Packed Yoga [DVD]
Dvd ~ Barbara Currie

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great DVD from Barbara, 27 Feb 2013
Now I have a couple of DVDs from Barbara, but I treated myself to this one on the basis that it was cheaper than signing up for classes and having to go out on a cold wet night. Although a large section of it is exercises that she has demonstrated before, there are some excellent balances in one section and more advanced positions so it is a useful addition to my library. The stretches for the shoulders are particularly good. Because of the repetition (I could almost quote word for word in places on the first viewing which is scary), and I find the talk tends to get in the way of the workout I have rated this as 4 star. In all though it is enjoyable and split into workable 20 minute sections - after doing 2 of them I really felt a difference in my arm muscles.

6 x Clear Screen Protectors for Nikon D5100 Digital SLR - Anti-Scratch LCD Guards / Display Savers
Offered by Membrane Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Good job there's more than one of these, 11 Jan 2013
Because the Nikon has an articulated screen, I though these would be a good idea to help protect it from scratches They do what they're supposed to but I found them quite fiddly to fit - and not get airbubbles in. So I ended up wasting one of them which was a bit annoying. I'll be interested to see how long they last before I have to put the next one on but so far so good - much better than a scratched screen anyday.

Timberland Women's Stratham Heights Black Ankle Boots 25673 5 UK
Timberland Women's Stratham Heights Black Ankle Boots 25673 5 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Boots, but sadly didn't fit, 11 Jan 2013
I have to say these are lovely looking boots, and have that nice balance of style and substance. They are really well made and perfect for walking round town - if they fitted me that is! What I was sad about was they were just too narrow for my foot (I'm about a D/E width) and regretfully I had to return them. So I had to put the Amazon returns process to the test which I have to say was brilliant, and although i had to pay a little more for return postage with receipt, they refunded that too. I did receive them quickly and got my money back with no issues, but next time I'd want to be sure the item fitted before i bought online.

Patch!
Patch!
by Cath Kidston

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for children and learners, 20 Oct 2011
This review is from: Patch! (Paperback)
I've been sewing for years so I'm not really looking for a book on technique which is where this book is rather lightweight, but as an introduction for those not wanting to invest much money in a craft they just want to try out or a good stocking filler for the novice sewer it is a good buy. That said, I must confess I buy these books for the project as they are such good value for money, rather than having to buy fat quarters or remnants which can get quite pricey. The book itself contains some fairly straightforward and fun projects, with good photography. However some of these are a little too cutesy for me, but would make nice stocking fillers or bazaar stall makes.

Professional Pro Zap 30W Ultra Violet Indoor Fly Zapper Insect Killer Pest Control
Offered by Direct Sales

4.0 out of 5 stars Gotcha!, 25 Aug 2011
Our previous bug zapper was a Micromark cylinder model that kept going though UV tubes, so we thought it was time to replace it. Although this is larger and not a thing of beauty, it appears to be much more effective. It is also suitable for commercial premises and the unit can be hung by a chain from the ceiling which is handy, but we've stood ours on top of the freezer. However the electric cord is rather mean being only about 3 feet long, so we needed to use an extension cord. On the plus side it is much easier to clean with a pull out tray in the base, and the tubes appear to be easier to get at, which was one of my gripes with our previous unit.

We went for the 30 watt option after reading reviews which suggested that other 16 watt units were not man enough for the job. The Eliminator is much brighter than our previous zapper and notched up a couple of fruit flies and a wasp (Yay!) within hours of being switched on so it works fine. More to the point, I didn't get bitten for the first time in a week, which was the main reason for purchase. Well that and the zap noise it makes, which is quite gratifying. In all a good buy.

Cakes: River Cottage Handbook No.8
Cakes: River Cottage Handbook No.8
by Pam Corbin

5.0 out of 5 stars Another River Cottage Gem, 7 Mar 2011
I have a few of these River Cottage Handbooks and this one is a great addition. As always it is beautifully photographed, and full of information on ingredients and equipment needed. Pam has a down to earth and witty style and I was most amused to read that leaping about in front of the over would "frighten" a cake! (It would also frighten my husband) Great range of recipes for small and large cakes, so I'm picking my way through these. Have to say the Welsh Cakes were a roaring success and we ate too many at one go. An excellent book for improving and building on your culinary skills, both for the beginner and enthusiast alike. After all, who can resist a slice of cake or two?

Page: 1 | 2