Profile for maggiew > Reviews

Content by maggiew

maggiew (Kingston United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Shaun T's Rockin' Body DVD Workout Programme - Burn up to 1,500 Calories a Day
Shaun T's Rockin' Body DVD Workout Programme - Burn up to 1,500 Calories a Day
Offered by Beachbody

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommend even if you are a little bit older......, 24 Aug 2014
I started doing this programme about two months ago. For the most part I have followed the programme as it is set out in the quick start guide (exceptions are when I have been away for the weekend). I love it, and so far (just starting month 3) I haven't got fed up with the routines, which has happened when I have done other DVDs. The hardest day for me is when you do "Booty Time" and "Rock it Out" together - it's exhausting. I find I have been able to complete the programmes without too much difficulty even though I am sweating like mad at the end of it - I am 2.5 stone overweight and 57 years of age just to give you an idea. I would say there is a significant difference in my body shape compared to how it was when I started and therefore I highly recommend it.

The one thing I do find distracting tho' is that on at least two of the programmes Sean T is sweating like mad and in the next instance he is sweat free, which means the DVD has been cropped (not that you would notice) but as I say I find it distracting! Enjoy!

Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker & Sleep Wristband - Slate
Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker & Sleep Wristband - Slate
Offered by sotel-germany

3.0 out of 5 stars I had hoped for better!, 7 July 2014
I've had my fitbit since December. I used to have a fitbug but having lost 2 (clip on) I thought the "watch type" strap would be better. It is comfortable to wear although I am now on to strap 3 so on average the straps last about 2 months with constant wear. I do not think the recording is that good. If you do the Debbie Sieber's Beachbody DVD it hardly records any movement. Similarly, if I do the 3 mile fast walk with Leslie Sanson it records only 2.3 miles (one of them is lying!). I cycle 2.3 miles there and back from work plus today I did Beachbody Party Express and as I write this the fitbit tells me I have done 3.54 miles today. I plugged by fitbit into my computer today as it said by battery was low. Despite being in for 1 hour it has now run out and as there is nothing showing I am now thinking that perhaps that bit is broken. On the whole almost £80 and £27 for replacement bands does not seem like good value for money to me.

L'Equip 110.5 Pulp Ejector Juicer (Black)
L'Equip 110.5 Pulp Ejector Juicer (Black)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good as I thought, 26 May 2014
After my magi mix duo gave up the ghost I was looking for a replacement. What this machine (L'equipe) had in its favour was the collection pot which enables quite a lot of fruit to be juiced before being emptied. Having watched the demo on YouTube I hadn't quite expected so much pulp to gather round the actual lid - a pain to clean. However as commented above the collection pot is an excellent feature and I too line mine with a recycling bag so no cleaning required for this part. The other thing to watch out for is the spout and where you place your juice collector - I spend a lot of time trying to get this right and mopping up just which leaves the L'equipe line an Exocet missile ! So overall just three stars from me

Sowas Welt: Gedächtnisspiel
Sowas Welt: Gedächtnisspiel
by Michael Sowa
Edition: Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars Just love Michael Sowa, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Sowas Welt: Gedächtnisspiel (Toy)
As a big fan of Michael Sowa I hope by buying these cards - of some of his - pictures my grandchildren will also like him. It is ostensibly a fame of fish but with wonderful drawings.

Duronic JE601 Citrus Juicer, 85 Watt, Silver
Duronic JE601 Citrus Juicer, 85 Watt, Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little juicer, 26 May 2014
A very reasonably priced juicer. Small but perfectly formed! I hadn't realised you had to hold the fruit on the spinner but that is ok. Have only juiced citrus fruits so can't comment on anything else. Would recommend.

Blue Jasmine [DVD] [2013]
Blue Jasmine [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Cate Blanchett

5.0 out of 5 stars Cate Blanchett stunning, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Blue Jasmine [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
This is a real tour de force by CB. Excellent movie and Woody Allan back on form. Thoroughly enjoyed the movie and would recommend.

Fitbit Flex Accessory Bands Additional Wristbands Pack - Teal/Navy/Tangerine, Small
Offered by Black Sea International

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't last very long, 26 May 2014
I had to buy these only three months after buying my fit bit as the original split. Considering you are paying c.£80 for it in the first place I was not too impressed. These replacements are same as original so we will see how long they last. I do however wear my fitbit all the time including at night but never take I to shower.

ChuckIt! Fetch Medley Asst 3-Ball Pack
ChuckIt! Fetch Medley Asst 3-Ball Pack
Offered by Cambridge Pet Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy but not luminous, 26 May 2014
These balls are very sturdy. However the ball that is supposed to glow in the dark did so for about one minute - not quite sure what happened with this but we rolled it along the kitchen floor and then suddenly it wasn't luminous anymore . The whistling sound made when you 'chuck' the ball doesn't seem to do much for our dog but they are very sturdy and you don't end up with punctures or cloth coming off them so would recommend just don't expect to throw and find it I the dark!

Fitness-Mad Pair of Neo Dumbbells - Green, 1.5 kg (Set of 2)
Fitness-Mad Pair of Neo Dumbbells - Green, 1.5 kg (Set of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 26 May 2014
These are a good pair of dumbbells. Would recommend as non slip so easier to handle when doing a strenuous workout.

H & L Russel 10 Pocket Shoe Organiser Harvest Cream 127cm x 15cm x 30cm
H & L Russel 10 Pocket Shoe Organiser Harvest Cream 127cm x 15cm x 30cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy for the money, 26 May 2014
I think this is a good gadget. The space I had meant I lost the last two boxes so they were unusable for me. Works well but as others have commented you would not be able to get larger shoes in there as a pair . Would recommend on that basis.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5