Profile for Mukhtar > Reviews

Content by Mukhtar

Mukhtar

Hario MSS-1B 1-Piece Coffee Mini Mill Slim Grinder
Hario MSS-1B 1-Piece Coffee Mini Mill Slim Grinder

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for finer grinds, less consistent for coarses grinds., 25 April 2013
This is really a great product. The reason I am giving it a 4/5 is because, although this product is great for finer grinds (filter, espresso, Turkish), it is not as consistent for coarser grinders for those wanting to use a French press. I find whenever I try to grind coarse, I get a lot more 'dust' which results in more sludge in my French pressed coffee.

Currently I use my Aeropress and set the grind to produce something similar to a filter grind consistency.

Quality build: 5/5. Great materials. You can feel the quality when you touch it and use it. It's not going to break anytime soon.

Ease of use: 5/5. It's easy to adjust the grind setting, but does take a tiny bit of getting used to the different parts that make up the grinder. Many instructional YouTube videos around. To recreate the same grind, rotate clockwise all the way and the click back the number of times you want. Also the cover is very useful. You can grind at many angles without the fear of spilling your beans or getting grounds flying out into your eyes.