Profile for Stephen Lawton > Reviews

Content by Stephen Lawton

Stephen Lawton "thanks" (London, UK)

RM-Series Replacement Remote Control For Optoma DV10
RM-Series Replacement Remote Control For Optoma DV10
Offered by cherrypickelectronics

5.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 26 April 2014
would recommend, works a treat.

every button does what it says it should and is intuitive.

i would buy this again

Electric Fence Energizer EL90 Mains Powered + Earth Stake And Fence Lead Starter Kit
Offered by McGrath Supplies Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars This product is great, 26 April 2014
we have just had a lawn laid, 322M2

after two days I was finding that each morning about a quarter of the turf had been turned, so looked at my options.

I think we have a badger and fox problem.

After discovering that badgers are protected and poisoning is no longer an option I decided on the electric fence approach.

This was the cheapest package offering all of the bits. Upon installing the fence my problem stopped straight away. I did see a fox the next morning taking great care not to touch the fence, but did and we haven't seen him since.

If you have any annoying garden problem like me, I'd would definetly recommend this product. The only thing extra I had to go and buy was a load of bamboo canes which I used to wrap the cable around at about every 2 - 3 metres.

Problem solved.

After two weeks nothing has come back to rip up my lawn. My only question now is when do I stop electrifying the border ??

RTX DUALphone 4088 - SkypeTM and landline phone Black Brand New UK Version
RTX DUALphone 4088 - SkypeTM and landline phone Black Brand New UK Version
Offered by liGo

3.0 out of 5 stars Good packaging, was difficult to setup, 11 Sep 2013
I received the 4088 today. I was a little apprehensive purchasing the product as the other customer reviews are Very polar (1 stars and 5 stars). People love it or hate it.

Firstly, the packaging and product are very nice, very smart (5 stars). You can see that they have used designers. Ignore all the silly comments about it doesn't sit snug on the base. They are right, it doesn't but when placed on the base it does beep clearly, so you know you've hit the target. Screen size is small, but is of no concern, you can see it clearly.

When I first set it up it took about 30 mins for me to work out the correct procedure - someone's instructions are placed below, follow them to the letter and you'll get the handset registered and working.

There are no instructions provided, except for a quick start guide which shows where the cables are plugged in but doesn't detail how to register the handset with the base.

I just couldn't get the handset to recognise the base and was going to send it back. It is very frustrating and not explanatory, but then found this guide below. Once I got it working I made a few calls and received some calls, I've got a Skype number and that was called and it works.

So, so far so good, we'll have to see how it goes but just beware of allowing the base to get an IP address from the router and the reset button has two modes (1 second press - register handset, 15 second press - full reset)

_________________________________________________________________________

"To anyone with the IP problems not sure if it works on the 3088 but this is the fix for the 4088 phones:

If you could not retrieve the information, please try the following procedures to reset your phone:

Before going to step 1 Reset the Modem...

1) Base: Power on the base station and place network cable in the base

2) Base: Press the reset button for 15 sec. ( LED should flash shortly at 10 sec, but just to be sure press it for 15 sec. )

3) Base: Wait 10 min where the base station lights - yes wait 10 mins!

4) Handset: Reset Handset – Menu –settings – advanced –reset

5) Base: Press the reset button (1 sec) again on the base station to enable registration mode

6) Handset: Place handset in charger, now it starts searching for open base station (if handset still cannot found the base station, please try again on step 4 – 6 and put the handset on charger immediately after base station enter to registration mode on step 5)

7) When base station is found – please follow the instructions described on the screen.

Please now try to log in to Skype.

Note:

Long press “reset” button (around 15 sec) indicates to reset Dualphone but not registering HS to base.

Short press “reset” button (around 1 sec) indicates registering HS to base.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 24, 2013 3:44 PM GMT

Belkin OmniView SOHO Series 4-Port KVM Switch with Audio and USB Sharing - VGA Display - USB (Cables Included)
Offered by BESTBUYIT

3.0 out of 5 stars Something Every Owner Must Known, 25 Nov 2009
Key combinations:

To Flip between computers:

Scroll Lock + Scroll Lock + Up

To Disable the beep:

Scroll Lock + Scroll Lock + B

This is my fourth switch box from Belkin, the other three had various problems, got confused, constantly required disconnection to reset their state. I only use this box as my company keep buying Belkin. Personally I wouldn't recommend this brand.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2010 6:05 PM GMT