Profile for doodle doo > Reviews

Content by doodle doo

doodle doo "doodle" (west UK)

Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey [DVD]
Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rick Stein

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 April 2013
Just as I expected, but then as this was a recording from the TV series I knew what I was getting. Indeed that's why I bought it! As well as the recipes, the film showed fantastic scenery and local eating houses and a good insight into local culture with an informative running commentary - all in Rick Stein's wonderful laid back style. Such a shame it's not available for other regions as my sister in USA would love it!

Royal Canin Oral Sensitive 30 Dry Mix 8 kg
Royal Canin Oral Sensitive 30 Dry Mix 8 kg
Offered by The Pet Shop & Reptile Ranch

4.0 out of 5 stars A sealable bag would be an advantage, 13 Jan 2013
My cats eat this variety regularly so a bulk purchase has saved me money. But a reasealable bag would help keep the biscuits fresh - especially as 8Kg last a while. The smaller bags have a seal, so why not the large?

LEKI Prestige walking stick black walking stick
LEKI Prestige walking stick black walking stick

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value and fit for purpose, 13 Jan 2013
Pefect, as I didn't want to spend the earth on something I would only use from time to time. These are more entry-level poles and as such are fine for the amount I would use them - also considering I wanted something functional rather than state of the art. Sturdy and strong, with useful clips for the wrist straps that are easy to disengage. No hesitation in recommending these for beginners or intermittent users - dedicated pole walkers may want to opt for something with a higher spec (ie lighter weight and with less vibration - although wrt the latter, I find little vibration anyway on cross country terrain).

Massive 37712/06/10 Kirco 1 x 60 Watt 230 V Wall Lamp, Bronze
Massive 37712/06/10 Kirco 1 x 60 Watt 230 V Wall Lamp, Bronze

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect purchase, 6 Jan 2013
This was just what I was looking for - clean lines, simple and unobtrusive, yet very effective on my landing, which has a low ceiling and requires a downward angled light. Extremely well described with all relevant dimensions. Easy to fit - arrived very quickly too. If I had another room that needed a new light fitting this would be it!

The Missing Daughter: He Was Willing To Try Anything For Her Return
The Missing Daughter: He Was Willing To Try Anything For Her Return

1.0 out of 5 stars Appalling writing style, 6 Jan 2013
This book gripped me at the start but developed into a really slow and uninspiring read after the first few chapters, and downright ridiculous in places. Far from clever. The whole storyline was tedious and seemingly unrelated to the main plot as described. It was only intrigue as to how it was going to pull together at the end that kept me going. In addition, the writing style and grammar were atrocious. More like a 12 year old's essay, where they'd been told to give every noun an adjective and every verb and adverb. Apostrophes were in the wrong place and more.... In addition, the author tried hard to create an English setting with English dialogue, but failed! In England we do not use the words Mom and Dad! It's Mum and Dad. If you're writing for the American market, by all means use American terminology in the descriptive, but not in conversations between English people. I'm just glad I didn't spend money one this - but then I suppose you get what you pay for - zilch for zilch in this case.