Profile for TheInsider > Reviews

TheInsider "danielstamp"

Patron XO Cafe Tequila Coffee Liqueur 70 cl
Patron XO Cafe Tequila Coffee Liqueur 70 cl

5.0 out of 5 stars I hate tequila, but I love this!, 6 Nov. 2013
I can't stand tequila, or any drinks which you have to force down the throat. But this... wow, this has such a nice taste that I enjoy savouring it on the tongue. Just wonderful. It's definitely a contender for my favourite alcoholic drink, and I'm quite a snob about such things.

Ex-Pro Switch Adaptor 3 Gang + USB DUAL Charger, Three way switched adaptor that plugs directoy into a 13A socket giving three outlets, without the need for an extension lead. Colour coded neon switches and indicators with 2 x USB ports for Phones, Ipod etc... Conforms to BS1363/A

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, unique product, 8 Feb. 2012
Despite the cheap looks this is a pretty good solution, especially with the addition of two USB charger ports. I considered them an extra at first, but now they make life a bit easier by in fact giving me 5 dedicated points from a single socket. It's also slightly more elegant having thin USB cables in place of chunky power adapters.

The build quality could be better, but it is only a power strip - would be a bit silly going overboard on that aspect.

Altec Lansing inMotion Air Universal Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
Altec Lansing inMotion Air Universal Bluetooth Wireless Speaker

2.0 out of 5 stars Awful bluetooth pairing, over and over, 25 Dec. 2011
This product is simply awful. I've had to read glowing reports on how even a novice found it simple to pair, but I've been sat here for 24hrs trying to get it to pair with either of my Android smartphones, or my brand new (£1500) MacBook Air. The MBA needs the dongle, despite having the new type of bluetooth which apparently should work out the box.

Both the Android devices can only intermittently see the speaker, and good luck trying to connect and play music. It's really beyond me how there can be glowing reviews about the ease. To make it worse, I'm actually a technology professional, have multiple science degrees, and work designing highly complex distributed software systems, so if I'm struggling, I genuinely fear for your average person. The phones are even pretty new themselves. Each time it shows "connecting" and then reverts back to the unconnected state. Over, and over, and over, and... you get the idea. My handset is a Samsung Galaxy S2, so again, who are they kidding with the marketing around only old devices having issues/needing improved bluetooth to connect? Avoid this like the plague. So gutted to have to give my mum a Christmas present which doesn't work.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 23, 2012 3:22 AM BST