Profile for Summersk > Reviews

Summersk (Cardiff)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great card at great price, 11 Jun 2014
I'm so pleased I have bought this card, it arrived super quick and is much better quality than what I was expecting for the low price I paid for it.

It has a paper insert inside the card which makes it look more expensive and the envelope is good quality too.

There's not much you can say about a card but I'm very pleased and it saved me a trip to the card shop in town which is a total rip off for cards these days.

Pink Skull & Crossbones Card Personalised Birthday Card
Pink Skull & Crossbones Card Personalised Birthday Card
Offered by The Card Zoo

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab little card, 11 Jun 2014
I recently bought this card for my friend who is mad for skull print!

So when I saw this card I thought it would be perfect for her.

It arrived fairly quickly and the print was great.

Good quality for the price.

Would definitely recommend.

Jolen Crème Bleach Mild 30ml
Jolen Crème Bleach Mild 30ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent alternative to waxing for facial hair, 11 Jun 2014
I have been using this product for years but only just realised I could get it cheaper off Amazon.

I use this on some dark hairs I have growing above my top lip, embarrassing but true.

It is so quickly and easy to use and the hairs are totally unnoticeable once bleached.

I used to wax many years ago but it was making the hairs worse.

I would recommend this product to all women needing to disguise/hide facial hair.

Dylon 200g Machine Fabric Dye - Navy Blue
Dylon 200g Machine Fabric Dye - Navy Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, perfect on men's chinos, 11 Jun 2014
I recently bought this to make over a pair of my husbands faded chinos.

My husband was very sceptical that it would actually work but was then astounded with the results.

His chinos looked brand new, unbelievable.

Just follow the instructions and away you go. We just used normal table salt for the salt bit.

Buying this product saved us spending £45 on new chinos, result!

No damage to the washing machine, just give the rim a good clean and put it on a quick clean cycle before you wash your next load of clothes.

Highly recommend!

Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - £20 (Birthday Balloons)
Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - £20 (Birthday Balloons)

4.0 out of 5 stars Convenient birthday gift, 9 Sep 2013
I recently purchased this gift card for a friend who lives quite a distance away from me. Normally I would go into town to purchase gifts for my friends but I figured with this friend living so far away, a voucher might be easier.

My friend is a regular shopper on Amazon so was delighted to receive it.

Amazon despatched the voucher the same day that I ordered it so I can't fault Amazon for efficient despatch.

However, and this is why I have not awarded 5 stars, Amazon post these vouchers via Royal Mail and do not provide any tracking info, they are not sent by tracked delivery. So you really do take a gamble that the post doesn't go astray, as seems to be a regular occurrence with Royal Mail these days.

That aside, it was so convenient to order the voucher that I would definitely recommend as a potential gift for any friend!

WaterWipes Super Value Box - Pack of 12, Total 720 Baby Wipes
WaterWipes Super Value Box - Pack of 12, Total 720 Baby Wipes

5.0 out of 5 stars Chemical free wipes, unlike other brands, 2 Sep 2013
I have recently purchased these to use on my new baby and I'm very pleased with them.

I chose these specific wipes because when I compared the ingredients list of these to some other leading brand wipes, I was mortified at the amount of chemicals used by the other brands. They all seem to market themselves as sensitive etc but the most natural and chemical free I could find was Water Wipes.

The wipes themselves are very good quality and perfectly moist. I can understand why they are slightly more expensive than other wipes but I'm happy that they are worth it and its a small price to pay to help keep baby's bottom etc clean and rash free.

They are also very very refreshing on my tired feet at the end of the day!

I will continue to buy these in bulk from Amazon as that will provide best value for money in the long term. I did price up the individual packs in Boots but they work out far more expensive buying them that way.

I would highly recommend these wipes but would advise to be careful when opening an individual pack, the seal is very sticky/strong and you can end up tearing the whole packaging open (like i did). Just be very gentle pulling back the seal!

55cm Natural Birth & Fitness Birthing Ball & Pump - NBF Birth Ball
55cm Natural Birth & Fitness Birthing Ball & Pump - NBF Birth Ball
Offered by Birth-ease

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable to sit on in later stages of pregnancy, 2 Sep 2013
I am in the final few weeks of my third trimester and wish I had started using this sooner.

I know every woman is different but I have personally found that once the bump is of significant size and the baby's head becomes engaged, it becomes very uncomfortable to sit on the sofa.

So I have been using this to sit on each evening whilst watching tv and it is super comfortable, especially on my back, groin and lower abdomen which seem to get very sore now.

I bought this particular size because I'm only 5ft and it seems to be a good fit for me. It is a really nice colour with pearlescent finish.

The good thing about using the ball, it doesn't just provide pain relief, the act of sitting/bouncing/rocking on the ball gently works your core muscles without you even realising, which is a really good thing!

It was very easy to assemble but I've only given it 4 stars because I feel it could have had more information about what exercises to do on it during pregnancy. It does come with a booklet but its very small and for the price I would have liked a bit more.

I would definitely recommend the 55cm ball to ladies of 5ft like myself and would say to start using it in the second trimester, don't just wait until the end.

I'm sure it will be a godsend for me in labour as well.

Clipper Organic Raspberry Leaf Infusion 20 Teabags (Pack of 6, Total 120 Teabags)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Drink, 2 Sep 2013
I have recently started drinking this tea as I am nearing the end of my pregnancy and a couple of friends recommended it to me - who swear by it for two reasons.

Apparently it can help to have a faster labour and after labour it is supposed to help the uterus to contract back to its former size. Apparently raspberry leaf is renowned for toning the uterus. My midwife did say that the tablet version might be more effective but that a lot of women do claim to have success with the tea.

Whether it actually works or not we shall see but my friends have sworn it worked for them so I figure its got to be worth a try.

I'm not a massive fan of fruity or herbal teas but I must say that this is lovely to drink and regardless of pregnancy it is now going to become a staple item in my kitchen cupboard. It has a lovely fragrance and almost tastes like hot black currant juice.

I let my tea brew for 3 minutes and it really does taste lovely.

I bought this multipack because it is incredibly good value for money and I do intend to drink a lot of it. It's quite expensive to buy it as individual packs from the supermarket.

It was delivered quickly when I ordered it and very well packaged.

All in all a very nice drink, naturally caffeine free, which I would definitely recommend to any pregnant ladies looking for an alternative drink. Just check with your midwife first.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 20, 2014 6:19 PM GMT

WaterWipes Super Value Box - Pack of 9, Total 540 Baby Wipes
WaterWipes Super Value Box - Pack of 9, Total 540 Baby Wipes

5.0 out of 5 stars No nasty chemicals and highly effective, 17 Aug 2013

They are also very very refreshing on my tired feet at the end of the day!

Minky Retractable Outdoor Clothes Line, 30 m
Minky Retractable Outdoor Clothes Line, 30 m

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent washing line, good value for money, 14 Jun 2013
We recently purchased one of these from Amazon in an effort to reduce the use of our tumble dryer and save on the electricity bill! We have a baby on the way so every penny counts now!

So far we are very pleased with the Minky.

It was very easy to install and it is so handy having the two lines.

We have had tons of use out of it over the last few weeks so it really is good value for money.

Whilst we probably won't use it much over winter if the weather is bad, you could certainly get lots of use out of it during spring and summer. It will save us a fortune being able to dry baby clothes out on the line instead of in the tumble dryer.

I am so impressed with it that I'm going to order another and put it up at the other end of the garden, that means I can have clothes on two lines and bed linen on another two lines!

The main things I like about this line....

1. Excellent value for money
2. Takes minutes to install and is very sturdy once installed
3. Very discreet compact design, you wouldn't even know its there when its not in use
4. Good sturdy lines which have held up no problem at all on windy days
5. Is already saving us money because we are not using the tumble dryer so much
6. My husbands work shirts seem so much easier to iron when they have been dried out on the washing line

I genuinely have no negative comments about this product and would recommend in an instant.

Page: 1 | 2