Profile for Claire Barrand > Reviews

Content by Claire Barrand

Claire Barrand "Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy." (Wales)

Page: 1 | 2
Croydex Anti-Bacterial Toilet Seat with Slow Close Hinges, White
Croydex Anti-Bacterial Toilet Seat with Slow Close Hinges, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy enough for plus size bottoms, 7 July 2014
I bought this lavvy seat two months ago, and believe it or not it s the 3rd seat I have purchased this year. I am a lady with a rather large bottom, its a nice bottom don't get me wrong but nevertheless .. it is possibly larger than the UK average size. What usually happens is that I sit down on the loo a little too fast and the seat cracks. I have bought cheaper versions to this one and the first version I bought was £7.99 from a pound store. I sat on it after an evening drinking fine lambrini and it cracked pinching the skin on my bum very badly. I screamed so loud my husband came running and he tried to to ease the loo seat off my rear end, there was no way he could do it so he had to unscrew the seat from the toilet (still attached to my bottom) and a very embarrassing trip to casualty was involved. I had a very unpleasant bruise I can tell you! The second loo seat came from a well known DIY store... it cost about £15 and lasted a fortnight. I sat on it ( again it was after a barbeque I had again consumed a few beverages of alcoholic variety, so wasn't as steady as I usually am, and I sat down whilst aiming my bottom at a bit of an angle...and almost missed hence the loo seat came off at the hinges and I ended up on the floor with my knickers round my ankles knocking myself out cold on the sink. Its always been a fantasy of mine to be rescued by hunky firemen but I would rather erase the memory of waking up to the sight of them kicking my bathroom door in and seeing me lying akimbo on the floor like that with my trousers round my ankles, a loo seat stuck to my bum and a lump on my head! This loo seat has been with me and I have to say it has outlasted where others failed! I feel fairly confident that this one isn't going to crack or break land me in hospital or send me flying off the seat mid pee and I am very happy.

Skin Deep Self-Tanning Wipes (20 Wipes)
Skin Deep Self-Tanning Wipes (20 Wipes)
Offered by Kiara Hair and Beauty

2.0 out of 5 stars A story to share before purchase...., 5 Jun 2014
I had met Idris on an Internet dating site, we had chatted via email for 4 months before arranging to meet in person, I must say I have never been so nervous! We arranged to meet in the theatre to watch Les Miserables before a meal in London's west end having both discussed a love of shows. Naturally after 10 years of being single I anticipated the evening ahead with the expected anxiety and as a woman I wanted everything to be perfect. I had a soak in my best bath oil, shaved my legs and applied the tan wipes to my arms and chest and legs taking care to smooth it evenly. I carefully removed my makeup and reapplied fresh and did my hair in a glamorous up-do. My dress was a subtle classy silk black shift with simple diamond earrings to compliment. Not too much not too little... Anyway - Idris and I arranged to meet at the theatre, his tube was late so after a little nervous wait he joined me in row 5 centre stalls! Wow - I can't describe the fluttering in my tummy! I felt 16 again!! The show had just begun so we sat - barely speaking for the first half - just the occasional glance at each other and cheeky hand squeeze! At the first curtain call, Idris leaned over to excuse himself, I nipped to the loo and the usual hectic half time Que meant I made it back to my seat just in time for the second half and lovely Idris had a glass of bubbly waiting for me!!! Well ... The show was amazing, tears were rolling down my face as we stood and applauded at the end ... And the lights went up.
Idris and I turned to one another and for the first time I saw his face. He was so handsome! His glossy black hair was glorious under the theatre lights...but .... The look of utter horror on his face as he looked at me for the first time too told me instantaneously that the feeling wasn't mutual. He recoiled from my ensuing embrace and uttered something that sounded a bit like "UGGGHH gerrofmeyerorangefreakshow!!!" And he actually stood on the seat to jump over to the row behind and run. Mortified isn't the word. Well all I can say is I sat in that theatre until almost every last audience member had gone... Feeling utterly shattered... A young lad picking up litter in the aisles kindly offered me a tissue and asked me if I was ok... I said no. I asked him if he could tell me one thing truthfully. Was I ugly?? He was very kind. He said "I'm sure your a beautiful person inside". Well I went to my travel dodge room booked for the night, (double - bit presumptuous wasn't i!) and I slumped onto the bed, only then did I glance at my reflection in the mirror. Staring back at me was a hideous mutant brown and orange stained face like id stuck it in gravy browning, caked round my eye sockets was a dark brown stain and I had deep orange streaky cheeks and a white neck! I realised with horror that instead of my usual makeup remover wipes earlier that day I had used the fake tan wipes on my face and that they had developed in the past three hours giving me a distorted stain in my face. Well Idris was a prat anyway - I did myself a favour after that and bought a dog. Xx
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2014 11:22 PM BST

Womens Men Unisex Batman and Superman Print Hooded Zip Front Jumpsuit Onesie Size S-XL
Price: £9.99 - £14.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't get you out of paying child maintenance, 16 Nov 2013
My ex bought this so he could orchestrate a single man demo on the town hall rooftop in protest at having to pay his CSA maintenance for our two kids, he thought that his rights as a father were infringed upon as he would have preferred to treat them to a happy meal once a year instead. Basically the cheap material caused a static charge and unfortunately for him the weather forecast was for storms.. He got struck by lightening and was hurled from the roof top with sparks flying - saved only by the town hall weathervane protruding out if the building which caught the hood and held him dangling until the fire brigade were able to attend. The superman logo did nothing to achieve his status as Father of the Year but he did make it onto the front page of the local gazette and due to injuries sustained (possibly for the best) he will not be fathering any more children either.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 20, 2013 2:58 PM GMT

Ladies Tummy Bum Thigh Control Long Leg Girdle Size 10-12 14-16 18-20 20 Black Nude or Cream
Price: £3.45 - £9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars great tummy slimmer but beware of back cleavage syndrome.., 30 Sep 2013
Well I was invited to a posh "do" at my husbands golf club last month and decided that as I had no time to go on a diet, these pants were the way to go. I thought I looked amazing, I must say, If I was chocolate I would have eaten myself! - I haven't been able to fit into a size 10 dress since having children so on went the slinky red dress... the sexy sling back heels a squirt of my favourite perfume and I honestly felt a million dollars! The problem only became apparent as I was dancing later that night, I had no idea that the 6lb of excess blubber I had tucked into the spanx was indeed now protruding out of the bottom of the pants making my legs and knees look like two over stuffed sausages and the roll of mummy tummy at the top had simply moved higher up and around my back, it was only when a drunken comment about my "nice cleavage" was made to my back by the slimy golf club treasurer that I realised I had a problem. I also couldn't digest any of the delicious 4 course meal that night either, I assume it was something to do with the constriction around my middle so I got chronic wind and ended up farting all the way home in the (shared with Club Chairman and his wife) taxi. Not pleasant. When I got home I ripped it off with relief and went out to get a kebab. They do now make a great anti static duster for the TV but I'm not sure looking amazing is worth the hassle for me so next time I will wear my comfy black trousers and enjoy myself instead, but if you need a quick fix go for them!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2014 7:48 AM BST

Toilet Seat Cover - Super Warm Fleece - Metal Retaining Ring - CHOOSE Cream or Red - Universal Fit - Machine Washable
Offered by Medipaq® from Great Ideas™

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST SEAT IN THE HOUSE! :-), 29 Sep 2013
I purchased the red seat cover as it matches the color scheme in our front room, you see the toilet door is broken and it is adjacent to our lounge, so rather than waiting another 12 months for my useless at DIY husband to fix the door I figured "why not make our downstairs lav blend in nicely with the decor?" so I bought the red seat covers with some lovely matching cushions to place on the toilet, and hung some red and gold chintzy curtains in the window. I have discovered as an added bonus that I can even see our widescreen TV from the toilet, so I can watch Coronation Street whilst answering the call of nature. In fact I dont even bother to get off unless someone else needs it, I often take my cup of tea in with me too! Guests don't seem to mind either, in fact Uncle Frank fell asleep on our toilet last week and we didn't have the heart to move him bless his soul. Would highly recommend.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 5, 2013 5:09 PM BST

Braun Oral-B Professional Care 500 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush with Precision Clean Brush Head
Offered by Robert Veith

5.0 out of 5 stars EUREKA MOMENT! Braun take note!, 30 May 2013
We all know that you are allowed to use your other half's toothbrush to clean the bog with when feeling disgruntled that they forgot for the third week in a row to take the bins out - so when "he" treated himself to this baby I thought Id use the next opportunity to test it out. I think it is fantastic - it removed not only (his) skidders but also tackled the limescale which sits under the rim with ease! I was delighted (and although I always knew I probably had a hidden talent for innovation, I had expected to have my "EUREKA!" moment in a much more glamorous location and not while scrubbing at the downstairs bog...)this aside however I think that should Braun wish to discuss this idea with me I think we could work together on producing a larger version as a kind of "man friendly power tool/bog brush". I would advise that the prototype be made in a kind of black and yellow, man friendly colours and incorporate a rubber grip and an ergonomic design, a much louder motor sound and that we use buzz words such as "Turbo" and "pulse -jet" to really drive forward the message to men that bog cleaning is really a job for the boys!

Sourcing4U The Executioner Pro Fly Swat Wasp Bug Mosquito Swatter Zapper
Sourcing4U The Executioner Pro Fly Swat Wasp Bug Mosquito Swatter Zapper

5.0 out of 5 stars We must work together to eliminate flies!!!!!, 30 May 2013
Batteries were simply not powerful enough so i made a small adaption where I basically wired this up to the mains with a 20 metre flex cable. Just a small problem that my psychiatrist has recommended I reduce my time stalking flies in the neighbourhood and restrict myself to the actual house instead but I open all windows and leave piles of rotting food around to attract them in. I have found it necessary to hand in my notice at work and make this my full time occupation as I believe I will eventually eliminate all flies from the planet and therefore eradicate disease and will probably be awarded an OBE. I stand still in the kitchen waiting with my left eye twitching and sleep on the floor in 4 half hour shifts so I don't miss any vital hunting time and am collecting and counting the fried corpses in empty 2 litre milk bottles. (One will hold approx 567,003 large bluebottles) logging the numbers in my notebooks - the tally is so far 507113,561 and my record is 31561 in one day.

2 Disposable Coverall Suits, Elasticated wrists / ankles, complete body cover against dirt, grease, mud, complete with hood. Large Size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another discovery for all busy mothers!, 29 May 2013
Just as I was giving up hope of ever doing less than 4 loads of washing a day I found this! Now in the mornings I simply pop on my disposable suit and throw sausages at my 4 kids. No need to bother with hair or makeup or deciding what to wear anymore! I did get some odd looks on the school run at first but I'm used to that anyway and I believe it is probably jealously. however two weeks afterwards another mother (who usually wears the latest Boden) turned up in the same suit so please stick with it and don't let the initial reactions from others put you off wearing it!

After I get home I begin the daily war on household grime, ironing -mopping- washing -scrubbing -coffee -loose women -vacuuming tidying- dog walking -teatime -homework-kids bath time etc until when i see hubby arrive home at 6.30pm when I whip off the suit along with ketchup/cat sick/tears/snot/chocolate cake/felt tip and bleach stains) and it is disposed of, I throw on a pretty dress fix a smile, hand him a beer he still retains the illusion that I'm mentally stable and perfect! Fully recommend to all mothers :)

Charcoal Cooker Hood Extractor Grease Filter (CF20)
Charcoal Cooker Hood Extractor Grease Filter (CF20)
Offered by Suds-Online

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent at removing pungent gassy smells and doesnt itch!, 20 May 2013
I have recently purchased these to sew inside my husbands pants as he has a little problem with gas ( well actually he doesn't seem to be bothered by it but the rest of us are) I have given the filters a little removable pocket that is washable at 40 degrees and this prevents any unwanted skin irritation - my other half hasn't even noticed the extra "wadding" in his pants and we have saved a fortune on heating bills (not needing to open windows as often) and other chemical odour products which are harmful to the environment.

Kosmos 1125207 Stainless Steel and Zinc Alloy Haceka Metal Toilet Brush Holder, Silver

1.0 out of 5 stars Fourty Four quid on something that scrubs skidders??, 20 May 2013
Well I am sorry but are you actually planning on having this sat next to your lavatory as an item of luxury or to clean the TOILET with? Do you think you will be the envy of your guests with comments such as " ooh I DO like your toilet brush Marge!?" If you do have money to flush (geddit?) then go for it and buy this - it flaming well should be made of solid silver for that price, so you could always take it into your nearest "we buy all gold and silver new and old" place once you have had use of it and get some money back. My personal recommendation however would be to buy this Silverline PC42 57 mm 21/4 Inch Bolster Chisel and Guard

Page: 1 | 2